It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says it my have no choice but to withdraw from armistice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
here is the story

In its latest missive against ongoing U.S. and South Korean joint military exercises, a statement issued by North Korea's state-run KCNA called the war games a "grave situation" and hit out at a U.S. military build-up in the region.

"The [Korean People's Army] side has exercised its utmost patience and restraint, repeatedly urging the U.S. forces side to stop the arms buildup and large-scale military exercises, threats to the DPRK," the statement said. DPRK is the abbreviation for the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, the formal name of North Korea.

"However, the U.S. forces side transferred nuclear-powered carrier [USS] Carl Vinson, several F-117 stealth fighters, and a wing of F-15 fighters to South Korea under the pretext of their participation in the ... joint military exercises now under way in South Korea."

The statement accused the United States of conducting aerial espionage of North Korea almost daily, "thus totally breaching the [armistice agreement] and putting its attempt at a preemptive attack on the DPRK into practice step by step."

this is another of the long series of NK hostilities i say. and nothing more. however, the best time for a nk first strike is coming soon, once the war in iraq peaks. then they will have the clearest window through which to see their war realised.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They withdrew from everything else, when we wouldn't pay their blood-money, and they decided to restart their nuclear weapons program...

Luckily, unlike Iraq, the concern for civilian casualties shouldn't handicap us going in....as such a war would not be one of liberation...
Especially considering recent events in Iraq, the strategy for NK would be one of creating a large parking lot...(and no, I don't mean nukes...we don't need nukes to level a grid....)

join