It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Poll problem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I did the survey but when I finished it said this,

This survey is limited to one response per computer, and we have already received a response from your computer.

I didn´t do the survey before.

I assume/hope this is just a glitch?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

Nah, it just means that your IP address and/or SSID are compromised, and possibly your access to the internet is being monitored through a series of proxies used by government spyware on your system.

I'm sure this problem is not confined to only you, but also perhaps many other ATS users.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Some ISP's tunnel all their traffic through a proxy, I know a lot of people in certain places that do this can never download from fileserve for the exact same reason.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I am not sure what it is... I have seen one other person complain of the same thing on the original poll.

I am guessing it is just a weird bug that needs to be worked out.

Perhaps use the complaint feature in order to bring it to the immediate attention of staff?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So are you guys saying that my internet activity is being directly followed or at least logged?

It wouldn´t surprise me at all.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Nah, it just means that your IP address and/or SSID are compromised, and possibly your access to the internet is being monitored through a series of proxies used by government spyware on your system.

I'm sure this problem is not confined to only you, but also perhaps many other ATS users.

Please hand the person his prize from the first row.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

He is not in the first row, nor in the building, he couldn't get his parking ticket validated.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Now this is the part where we all say, "Ohh okay!" (cheery smiles) Right?

...come again?

Unless it's some other glitch, why would "spyware" being taking an ATS poll on our behalf? Is the government using bots to pad the survey responses or something?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

He is not in the first row, nor in the building, he couldn't get his parking ticket validated.

Right, that's sorted now, simply mention my name at the gate

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think the wording of this poll is odd. The questions keep referring to an "assassination team".

Is that the case? Did these guys have orders only to assassinate and not capture?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You finished the survey correct? Why do you need to vote more than once? This is what I'm talking about folks. Its not about his policies. Its about the MAN period.

PS...get yourself a VPN and you can vote at least twice. But the point remains. Voting more than once is about the MAN and not his policies.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UrgentInsurgent
So are you guys saying that my internet activity is being directly followed or at least logged?

It wouldn´t surprise me at all.

New to the internet? Why do you want to vote more than once anyways?
edit on 10-5-2011 by LosLobos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

Dude, wtf?

I did the survey but when I pushed enter it came up with that message, as if it didn´t register my answers, and that the survey had already been done once before on my computer.

Or does it do this automatically after the last answer?

I can´t remember.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I know everything on the net gets logged, but the other poster made it sound like it was directly following me, or at least that was my impression.

Again, I didn´t try to vote twice.

edit on 10-5-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: spelling

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Same happened to me just now...did the whole survey and as soon as I pressed next it gave me the same answer that you got;
This survey is limited to one response per computer, and we have already received a response from your computer.

Please enter your survey code:

...weird.......

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There could be a few different answers.

If you are on WiFi, someone else using the same WiFi could have taken it already. Other times it is a problem for whole areas, the ISP is routing all traffic through a single "proxy" so someone with the same ISP already took it, and the software used to fight people taking it more than once can't tell you are a different person. Also if you are using a proxy or TOR, someone using the proxy or exit node took it already.

Of course it could be that all the bugs in the software aren't yet ironed out too. Maybe a mod will alert admin, they would have a better idea than me.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Dude, wtf?

I did the survey but when I pushed enter it came up with that message, as if it didn´t register my answers, and that the survey had already been done once before on my computer.

Or does it do this automatically after the last answer?

I can´t remember.

You hit the back button to try to vote again. That's what you did. No one has hijacked your IP address.

You got your ONE vote and that's all you are allowed to do.

PS...(if you were hijacked) I'd be more worried about other things concerning my IP than voting on ATS. But for some reason, filling out survey's on ATS is a major concern for you.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I also have this issue. I think the ISP thing makes the most sense to me. That means I'll never be able to take the polls.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LosLobos
You hit the back button to try to vote again. That's what you did.

No. That's not what happened. It's happened to me on both recent polls. The FIRST time I try to answer the questions, I get the message that I have already answered.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I did the survey but when I finished it said this,

I never even got that far. When I click the survey link at the top of the screen, this is the only thing I see. I have no idea what any of the actual questions are, or what a 'Survey Code' is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3854c027b34.jpeg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join