It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's GIANT Cloud Machine in MS - BBC Special

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It seems to me that by some of the comments left herein by other members about a Rocket Tester, that they stopped watching the video after the start where it looks like a rocket tester...near the end they show the cloud go up in the air, form itself and stay risen above. They also discuss teh fact that the cloud will rain later on that day in another area....Maybe I am reading some of your replies wrong.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by weedwhacker

But so do CHEMTRAILS exist *TOO*.

Easy to "say"....but, where is the proof??? You can have your chance to contribute....the *proof*....this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See how easy it is Weedy?

Yes...it was easy, for you...to just make a claim, absent any substantiation.

Although, this rocket test facility has nothing to do with the existence of CHEMTRAILS.

Yes, of course....but, doesn't stop the ignorance about it. Just read some of the vile comments on the YouTube page, under that video!

stars for trying to help people deny ignorance!
question are they releasing harmful chemicals through the cover of Rocket Propusion testing facilitys or are they doing it covertly and spraying it out from planes?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousEnigma
I love how NASA can just move this into an area, and say "if you don't like it, then leave." But if I turn my stereo up, my neighbors can call the cops and they tell me to turn it down.

What effect does this noise have on wildlife?

Well.
You jamming music, and NASA testing propulsion systems for science is way different.
I can't believe you compared yourself to NASA.

Smh

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I lived very close to Stennis for awhile. My family has owned property in Hancock County for years. Everyone knows that NASA does their rocket testing there. As anyone with common sense might expect, they do indeed make rumbling noises. And this has been going on for decades. No offense but there is no conspiracy here. It is very open what is going on, the locals are aware of it, and Stennis is a job provider to many Louisianians and Mississippians. Sorry. I'm not typically a debunker but this one can go in the ridiculous file.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wow, I think it's amazing that the byproduct of this testing machine IS RAIN!

They really should put this to better use and move their testing machines to areas that are suffering from droughts. Isn't texas on fire right now?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

question are they releasing harmful chemicals through the cover of Rocket Propusion testing facilitys....

No, that (example in video) is clearly the combining of LOX and LH2, used as rocket fuels, to test out the engines, and their designs, destined for use on space craft.

Mixing liquid oxygen and liquid hydrogen produces only one "harmful" chemical. H2O. Two hydrogen atoms to one oxygen atom, to produce the H2O molecule. Free atoms of O2 and H are likely left over, and added to the atmosphere. In quantities that are insignificant, compared to the vast size of our sky....

...or are they doing it covertly and spraying it out from planes?

Again, no....barring the well-known localized instances of such activities as "crop-dusting" and "cloud-seeding" ... and occasional fire-fighting applications....and any other similar specialized programs (not an all-inclusive list)....but, those sorts of things are done at low altitudes....the only technology involving "spraying" that is done at several thousands of feet above the ground is cloud-seeding....since, the targets ARE the clouds themselves. All other cases, the targeted areas are on the ground...so, they are down very close to the ground.

And, such cloud-seeding is done primarily to encourage the existing clouds to make rain. (Or, if temperatures are colder, snow. But really....rain is the dominant desired result).

The processes of Nature that create precipitation are FAR more extensive and produce much more in quantity than the meager intrusion of Humans' efforts. Supplying a source of condensation nuclei is the goal, in "seeding" clouds. That, only when Nature hasn't provided them naturally.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I thought it was interesting that they moved five cemetaries. Obviously they're not really "waking the dead", but it's clear they don't want people hanging around visiting lost loved ones while they're conducting their... whatever the hell it is they're really doing. Anyone buying that "Water Vapor" comment? When tours are in progress, sure. When no one is around....? They could put what ever aerosol they wanted into these plumes.

They could have built this place in the Mojave desert or out in White Sands, the Sonoran desert, and spared themselves the compensation money. This place was strategically placed in this spot. I have no doubts.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ugh, yeah, this is just a controlled booster launch for the sole purpose of testing........... Is that why they strong armed the resident people and blackmailed the land?

Yes, this basic tech has been around for a while, but not our ability to use it to it's full potential, that is why they bought up the land and forced people out.

There is much more on the agenda to do with this and we have seen only but a spoon full. Keep your eyes open, this is shadow ops operating in full daylight.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hm looks like some sort of engine test, but I really wish they would set it up here in TX.... Longest drought I can remember in my lifetime.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Ahhh im sorry there weedwacker my sense of humor doesn't come out right in forums i was being sarcastic and it was aimed a op :S im probably not as funny as i think i am.....
But thank you for you in depth explanation
edit on 11-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Damn, I find this completely effed up.
On many different levels.
Just what I needed, More fuel for my "nasa sucks" fire.

Man..
I'm actually kind of pissed off after seeing that...

Dear Jim O'berg, (cuz you're the only friend of nasa here i know of)
Please tell your friends at nasa, they suck, exponentially. Thank you.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
So NASA can pick any remote piece of land in America yet they pick somewhere which will impact people's life's,is there anything special about this particular place they choose for there site anyone
edit on 11-5-2011 by Uncertain1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

edit on 11-5-2011 by stavis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
That video is pretty cool, NASA making clouds
. At least they are not harming the environment with their testing.

To cause flooding with that machine they would have to run it for days non stop. I don't think NASA are that careless.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The cloud produced by US rocket engines is in fact not a true cloud, its steam created by the noise abatement system used to baffle the shockwaves generated when they ignite. Without the noise abatement system the rocket would actually shake itself into pieces. The steam does not linger that long, and does not form permanent clouds.

Here is the Shuttles Noise Abatement System during a test:

Notice that Russian rockets, which do not use a noise abatement system, make almost no smoke:

Neither does our shuttle after SRB seperation.
So in answer to your question…. No, rocket test stands are not Nasa Cloud Generators.

edit on 5/11/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Everytime I come here to ATS there's always some Dummy posting something they know nothing about. Then all the other Dummies chime in with their nonsense.

Pity help a Volcano if it ever goes off. It'll flood the whole planet.

What about concentrating on fact other than your interpretation of what causes clouds??

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
That video is pretty cool, NASA making clouds
. At least they are not harming the environment with their testing.

To cause flooding with that machine they would have to run it for days non stop. I don't think NASA are that careless.
I don't think they could afford to run it none stop, as for the people who think a rocket tester has caused flooding in any location seriously need to stay off ATS for a while and get an education

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Since its steam, it becomes a closed loop, meaning it cannot cause flooding. The amount of moister that is dumped into it is equal to what comes out. Therefore in order to generate enough steam to cause a flood they would have to be dumping in enough water to cause a drought somewhere else.

In case there is any doubt that is water dumped as part of the noise abatement system, look at this picture from the end of your own video:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99980710de32.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Some people in this thread are really embarrassing themselves.

This is WATER VAPOR. When you burn hydrogen, it produces WATER.

Do you people think that people using Hydrogen cars is going to flood the planet? GET A GRIP PEOPLE.

There is probably not enough liquid hydrogen on earth to flood anything other than a bath tub.

Every time I start believing in some of the more "out there" theories on here, people like the OP and others in this thread snap me back to the reality that some people are just NUTS.

The only thing messed up here is that they kicked a bunch of people out of their homes. They did this because of how loud the test is. As to why they didn't do this in some place that needs rain, it's because the amount of rain this thing produces in NOT EVEN A DROP IN THE BUCKET compared to a light rainy day. They would produce more "rain" by dumping water out of tanker planes than they would with this thing.

People, please I beg you to get a grip. If you think this is some sort of cloud machine, than you must be living on the clouds. Come back to earth.... on the other hand, don't. You'll only lower the collective IQ of the population.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Since its steam, it becomes a closed loop, meaning it cannot cause flooding. The amount of moister that is dumped into it is equal to what comes out. Therefore in order to generate enough steam to cause a flood they would have to be dumping in enough water to cause a drought somewhere else.

In case there is any doubt that is water dumped as part of the noise abatement system, look at this picture from the end of your own video:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99980710de32.png[/atsimg]

So are you denying the fact that when you burn hydrogen (the fuel in the rockets) you get water vapor? Or....?

It's water vapor from hydrogen being burned. If a rocket isn't producing it, it's because it's not a hydrogen burning rocket.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join