It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. officials unveil videos of bin Laden

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
reply to post by Stormdancer777

"Is this good? Mr CIA agent? or shall I look more fierce"

I know, he seems very subdued, almost frightened.

Nothing fierce on that face.
edit on 023131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

Aside from dodging the real issue of providing concrete and credible proof of Bin Laden's Government sponsored assassination (no magic bullet required this time), what it the purpose of the Government releasing these stupid videos? Can someone please try and explain what these videos prove?

From what I gather it is only proving that the government has his secret sauce of info that he had. Now they can blame the false flag that they are setting up originally came from OBL's supposed storage.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

There was no bar in this video!!!! That would mean that the image on the screen in the video was composited on.

So a real or fake Bin Laden is watching fake news stories of himself? Gotcha! It's all becoming very clear now.

Aside from dodging the real issue of providing concrete and credible proof of Bin Laden's Government sponsored assassination (no magic bullet required this time), what it the purpose of the Government releasing these stupid videos? Can someone please try and explain what these videos prove?

I'm not speculating on ANYTHING ELSE. I just made an observation.

In fact, here is the real deal about what I just pointed out:

A TV picture is formed in a video camera by scanning the scene repeatedly in lines from left to right while gradually moving from the top to the bottom of the picture. When the camera scans all the way to the bottom right, a small time delay is introduced into the scanning before the next field is begins scanning at the top left. In the U.S. (NTSC) system, this whole process repeats itself about 60 times per second. Unless the TV that you are watching is perfectly synchronized with the video camera you are using (never happens by accident) then you will see a dark horizontal bar crawl slowly up or down the screen as the two video systems (the camera and the TV) run independently and slightly out of synchronization with each other. This black bar is called a vertical blanking bar and represents the small amount of delay time mentioned above during which the camera and the TV are resetting for the next field of video and are not actually reading the scene (camera) or drawing on the screen (TV). The only way to totally prevent this from happening is to synchronize the two systems together like is done in a TV studio. This can either be done by using pro grade cameras and monitors that use what is called a genlock system to keep everything synced, or you can use non-pro cameras and monitors with a digital TBC / frame sync device. TBC stands for Time Base Corrector and these are sometimes built into video mixers like the Panasonic WJ-MX series and the Videonics line for example. As far as the PC monitor goes, you can just about forget it. It uses a totally different timing system and is very difficult to sync to a TV camera. You could either use a PC to TV converter driving a video monitor that is also synchronized to your camera, or just simulate the whole thing with a stationary image pasted to the front of the monitor for fictional productions. Or you can use digital screen captures edited directly into the video for non-fictional stuff. It is best to just not show them at all if possible. You can play with the contrast and brightness of the TV to minimize this annoying effect but it will not go away unless the camera and TV are perfectly synchronized. WK Source(s): Certified A/V Tech

answers.yahoo.com...

There it is. Busted. Now what?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Osama had a pointy chin....in this video his chin is much rounder. Jeez, you'd think they'd be able to get the moustach right but they got that wrong too.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I was willing to give the video a chance, but I'm surprised at how it looks nothing like Bin Laden.

To be honest if I didn't know what the video was meant to show beforehand I would never have said that it was Osama...

Why are they filming him watching TV?

What exactly is he meant to be watching on that TV, if anything?

Why does he never face the camera? His head turns ever so slightly at one point. I paused it at that second and I think it looks even less like Bin Laden at that particular moment.

How old do they suspect this footage is?

I know if that was me at some point I'd turn and say why are you filming me etc etc.

I'll wait to see the other videos before making a final judgement, but going by this video it just seems really weird.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
here's my last word on this thread....

IMPEACH IMPEACH IMPEACH Obama and have the intire White House SACKED !!!

I can not believe that Govt in the WH are this bloody stupid to release these duds!!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I agree. It's busted. That video is fake.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sorry, it seems the other videos were there too in the link.

The other videos made me chuckle...I'm not sure why.

But why exactly is their no audio, when he is clearly speaking in the other videos? Have we got a reason for this?

They say the videos were not altered in any way, so it seems a massive waste of time for him to do those speeches in the video, only for there to be no audio.

They say he was "channel-hopping". Okay that's fair enough, I can accept that. However it seems strange that every channel he goes to seems to be playing excerpts from Bin Laden's Finest Moments.

What are the chances of him channel hopping and ohhhh images of 9/11 appear on screen!?

The U.S Media isn't asking questions!

You know what these videos remind me of?

The 2 minutes hate in George Orwell's 1984.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Obviously, these footages were meant for the average Joe public. I have brought up the same doubts we share on ATS to my younger brother. He don't care whether OBL was assassinated by the US or not. He asked me if I believed Elvis Presley was alive (referring to that this was becoming a conspiracy).

The average sheeple will either consider this too much of a confusing issue and not give into much thought and accept the fact OBL was killed or they will ridicule those who think differently.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

In another, he has apparently dyed and neatly trimmed his beard for the filming of a propaganda video. The video, which the U.S. released without sound, was titled ""Message to the American People" and was believed to be filed sometime last fall, a senior intelligence official said during a briefing for reporters, on condition that his name not be used.

Maybe he was about to tell something to the American people. Something so explosive that he had to be silenced and the video taken away and no audio. Obama knew that he was going to turn so he silenced him.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Okay, okay so one of the videos may be as recent as the fall....I think that means Autumn?

It can't be any of the ones where he is speaking. I say that because he doesn't seem to have aged a day in ten years since those videos from 2001!

I'm beginning too feel crazy for disbelieving them....but I'm surprised they're not asking these questions. Then again it's the U.S media!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Infact the TV Bin Laden is watching just seems to be playing the same footage over and over again.

Or were CNN playing the Bin Laden video on continuous loop?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Latest tape just from the pentagon WITH sound.

honestly..that video of the back of bin laden head...is a classic...talk about insult people's intelligence.

their drowning in there lies...this whole farce is embarrassing,does this obama administration have no shame !

bin laden been dead a long time,and i'm betting a lot of people in the know,are cringing over this.
edit on 7-5-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

The wonders of hair dye.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

There was no bar in this video!!!! That would mean that the image on the screen in the video was composited on.

So a real or fake Bin Laden is watching fake news stories of himself? Gotcha! It's all becoming very clear now.

what it the purpose of the Government releasing these stupid videos? Can someone please try and explain what these videos prove?

90% of people don't even consider that the video could be fake since the CNN headline on the television says it's Osama bin Laden

With all the MSM outlets calling this Haunting video from inside of bin Ladens "LAIR" (is he a dragon now?), it's intended to spook to sheeple. The big bad wolf was plotting their death and god Obama and Seal Team 6 essentially saved their life.

Trust us, pay your taxes, support our war, trust us

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I am sorry if someone has already mentioned this on the thread already but why is it they seem to release new information the weekend??

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
give it a year or 2 and i'm going to rebel. PUT ME ON A LIST, INTIMIDATE ME, BUT BEWARE, I'M COMIN FOR YA, someone has to.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
the comments on that CNN article is ridiculous at very best, people are believing that those videos are showing the real bin laden, i bet those commenters have a low IQ

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Interesting. Clearly he's stroking his beard with his left hand; so it's usable (not immobile from a stroke, etc.). He's also using the remote control with his right hand.

From the FBI "Remarks: Bin Laden is left-handed and walks with a cane. CAUTION. Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United .."

Personally, I'm right handed and never use a remote control with my left hand. Is it different for those who are left handed?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
CNN just said the U..S government is looking for a way to prove Bin Laden is really dead. I thought Obama said he had all the prroof. Whya re they looking for a way to prove it if they have it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join