It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people do you know are sick/vomiting right now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I am in CA, no one sick that I know of, I am having some bad allergies but it is always like this for me this time of year. Maybe another round of noro virus is going around? As far as bronchitis and other respiratory issues go, alergies can wreak havoc on people, so that may explain it.
I don't think it would be radiation, from what I can tell the jet stream has been taking the weather from the pacific and pushing it north east, hence why there is a drought in texas and flooding up stream on all the major rivers. What about the bp oil spill? have you guys had any issues with that?
edit on 6-5-2011 by rbilly001 because: Spelling

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rbilly001

I really don't think any of us have been having seafood from the region but I suppose all sorts of food products from the region are or could be affected by the oil spill. I just keep thinking about the water. I haven't been eating much, and no meals prepared out, so that's why I keep going back to the water.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rbilly001

Yes, and remember people, that allergies effect everyone differently. When I was younger, my mother had allergies so bad that she was so dissy that she couldn't stand up or keep food down. Pollen can effect your body a lot.
edit on 6-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You can get potassium iodide off the internet in however many quanities you may need, E-bay is a good source, quakekare.com, and possibly AlphaChemicals.com. I'm sure there are other things you might need that you will find at those sites.
I will pray for you all to get better. Take care and be prepared.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
not a single source of potassium iodide
any one know a source with reasonable cost

I try to consume foods with high potassium, like potatoes and bananas.
For my iodine intake, I eat sardines.

It's a little harder to overdose on in food form...
Foods high in Potassium

This might be good too?

Use your best judgment, b/c what works for some may not work as well for others...

And as much as I love sweets and sugar in my coffee, I've had to cut-back as well...supposedly, sugar weakens immunity?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Not at all. Metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia.

that is kinda scary. I live in Kennesaw GA which is a Northwest suburb of Atlanta. At 71 a bad case of the gut grungies could be dangerous.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Losonczy

Radiation poisoning? There have been afew leakages over there in your country but also higher readings, much higher from the Japanese fallout.

Another possibility.....gas poisoning. Any gas drilling in your area?

Check your water!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
no-one sick here, all NORMAL. Happy as a bug. Chipper as alway's . I feel fine an dandy and have not heard of anyone getting sick at all. Don't worry, a be happy. Don't worry be happy.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
wanted to bump this thread again in case there are more out there this week with the virus going around: we live in OR and my wife STILL has a deep cough, 'seems' to be getting worse, not really able to tell but, it's still deep but not as often..

the MD said there's nothing they can do and let it ride.. :she's been coughing for a month now flame:

she's been thru 2 regiments of Antibiotics 1 package of Nightquil, 2 packages of Dayquil (still need to get another) and her nasal passages are still draining a bit..

one member of our church, which is 86, as contacted Pneumonia, ;(

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Everyone in our house has had a very barking cough for a week now. Last night my 5 year old daughter started spruing. Shes had another 3 today. High temp. Anyways, I think it is a virus she picked up at school.
But these virusis seem to get worse every year.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
A few things that will hopefully lay your mind to rest...

First of all, for radiation to cause vomiting you have to have severe exposure. Like standing next to the reactor for hours and hours. The amount coming over in the air is possibly enough to cause cancers down the road, but not nearly enough to cause actual radiation poisoning, so people who are worried about being poisoned have no need to worry. Cancer in 20 years, that's another story, but not radiation poisoning.

Second, vomiting usually comes on within 1-6 hours depending on how severe a dose you have received. So your should already be dead by now considering the radiation has been wafting over here for awhile.

So I couldn't imagine any way for people here to have actual radiation poisoning. Especially people in the middle of the country. The western states would be experiencing huge amounts of people dying within days of exposure if there was enough radiation to cause sickness that far east.

Radiation exposure also won't cause coughing or respiratory issues like the ones mentioned here, so fear not.

Another thing, radiation pills won't do anything to protect against radiation poisoning. They won't even stop you from getting cancer everywhere. The only thing they reduce the risk of is getting Thyroid cancer over the next decade or two. So don't feel too bad about not getting any, unless this was your worry, as opposed to radiation poisoning/sickness.

Nobody I know is sick here, I'm in Oregon. Hopefully all you sickies get better, throwing up sucks!

edit on 12-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join