It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it's really safe, then why does the Obama family avoid Monsanto foods?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
We've all heard the drum being beat many times about the dangers of Monsanto's profit driven GMO foods, but I have yet to see anyone point out the fact that the elite avoids these foods like the plaque and this brings us to an important question:

If it's so safe, why won't they eat it?

It's not just Obama's family. This includes, more notably, the Bush family and even Monsanto's own cafeteria's. There have been many recent peer reviewed studies that prove the dangers of GMO's, but sometimes it takes an easier to understand anology to get the message across. They avoid the stuff like it causes the diseases linked in the abstracts.

Few people would eat Monsanto’s “food” if they understood what it was or knew that they were eating it. President Obama and his family won’t eat it. Neither did the Bush family.

Source

The Obama family has wisely opted out of exposing themselves to GM foods by requiring organic—and therefore non-GMO—foods served at the White House. They are even planting an organic garden on the south lawn of the White House, to feature 55 types of vegetables.

The Bush family also had an organic kitchen policy. Laura Bush was "adamant" about it, but kept it all quiet.

Even at Monsanto, many in-the-know employees won't consume the company's own GM creations. Back in 1999, the management of the cafeteria at Monsanto's UK headquarters in High Wycombe, England wrote:

"In response to concern raised by our customers . . . we have decided to remove, as far as possible, genetically modified soy and maize (corn) from all food products served in our restaurant. . . . We have taken the above steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve."

Source

While you could consider those examples to be 'sensationalist,' it seems that people would literally rather starve than eat this abomination.

The Peasant Movement of Papay, a group of Haitian farmers, has committed to burning 60,000 seed sacks (475 tons) of hybrid corn and vegetable seeds donated by Monsanto in the wake of the devastating earthquake earlier this year.

Source

Monsanto tried to donate something that would takeover the native grown crops. So much for a donation.

Unless you are rich and can afford to eat organic, than you too can be part of this grand experiment. How have you been feeling lately? Think it has anything to do with a GMO laden diet? Only time will tell...

Wikileaks proves Monsanto conspiracy:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Monsanto conspiracy's:

Say no to GMO:

edit on 6-5-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Its simple really - this crud is 'really really safe to eat' for the pleb scum they don' mind experimenting on and seeing die off in mass waves.

For the elite its toxic as hell.

+21 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is just disgusting - wonder if we would be considered terrorists if we marched in there and made them consume their own abominations at gun point... Assholes.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Good for the Haitians!

If the vast majority of the 'elite' are avoiding something like the plague, I am too. Unless it's compassion, empathy or love of course.
Unfortunately for most of us these GMO-laden foods are almost unavoidable. Even a farmer's market isn't a safe bet anymore where I live.

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
This is just disgusting - wonder if we would be considered terrorists if we marched in there and made them consume their own abominations at gun point... Assholes.

Even better, maybe some legislature should write up a bill calling for politicians and Monsanto officials to eat nothing but GMO food.

If they don't they face jail time.

It would be sweet irony.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm glad you compiled the sources together. If there's anything on ATS that i love reading/hearing about is the war on food. I just read all your quotes but now i'm going to read the sources :>

This has excited me

GM foods are such sneaky devils.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You're absolutely right OP.

It's a disgusting turn of events and my family's doing what it can to change our own ways, but dangit it's so hard when you're one of the great unwashed poor masses out there.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If the employees simply stopped working there... They know they are producing a new kind of weapon of mass destruction, and think they will be spared its effects?

They are real morons. Stupid evil ones, nearly as much as their lousy masters...

A comforting thought; one can always choke on organic food...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

They may not even know the concequences of what they're producing, unless they are the scientists and engineers. That makes you wonder how corrupt some of these bright minds really are...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

when it comes to food products they should only be legal to sell if their inventors and marketers will willingly consume said product!

Just like Rummy and nutrasweet!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There is still time to stand up and demand our food supply not be patented. I don't want to eat food that produces it's own pesticides or is altered not to reproduce, and I don't want my child to eat it either. This is our country we pay for it we have the right to say what goes into our bodies and what grows on our land. Write to the Obama's, write your senator, your congressperson and demand it be done away with.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Hmmm. Its funny how those way above us won't eat this crap yet they won't hesitate to feed us this junk food like if we were bottom feeders. If the tables were turned around then they would see just what they have unleashed on the world and would most likely start giving a damn then. I hope someone switches their organic food with some GMO products. Give them a taste of their own medicine. $&F!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Yes, very good point. If its so safe, why we would see Obama make all food in the
Whitehouse from Monsanto

Heres why they dont...

"If you put a label on genetically engineered food you might as well put a skull and crossbones on it." - Norman Braksick, president of Asgrow Seed Co., a subsidiary of Monsanto, quoted in the Kansas City Star, March 7, 1994

Yet...

January 13, 2011, Michael Taylor who was a Monsanto lawyer as well as its Vice President for Public policy was

appointed ....as deputy commissioner for foods at the Food and Drug Administration. The newly created position is the first to oversee all the agency’s many food and nutrition programs. www.nytimes.com...

Why dont the Obamas make Michael Taylor head of the produce purchasing for The White House?

While other countries are left devasted by a dubious biotech future that did not deliver on its promises, our own government has long been an enthusiastic GM-proponent!

www.counterpunch.org...

truthsquad.tv

edit on 7-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Wow. Am I really supposed to believe some super poor people were able to fight this? Seems hard to believe.

And, oh, who let them in the seed vaults in the first place? Hmmm, they went into govt seed vaults, and patented organic seeds even. They weren't all thier own that they modified, some were already in the vaults.

And who let them in? Who? Who?
edit on 7-5-2011 by siren8 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Well said, and good article!
If they-Presidential families mentioned and others- were questioned, do you think they'd admit why they really do not use Monsanto foods? More likely the reply will be close to" We have the money to buy X foods instead." or a cleaned up version would be "We eat X foods instead because of our different dietary needs(or choices)."
edit on 7-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

He really said that, the article is behind a paywall, but fulltext can be provided if wanted.

Here is the 1994 article.

Labels not required to reveal all

The Kansas City Star - Monday, March 7, 1994

MIKE HENDRICKS Agriculture Writer

Published on 1994-03-07, Page A1, The Kansas City Star

Kansas City Star
edit on 7-5-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
imagine cooking food for someone, then telling them you will not eat it, but they should, when asked why you wont eat it you tell them it isnt best for health,

same situation here, everybody of course wants to be as healthy as they can. and for someone to give you something they themselves would not eat, is an insult, akin to being poisoned, so as you eat gmo foods you ought to feel insulted and poisoned,

USDA figures out gmo foods are laced with a fungus that attacks the immune system
->
USDA Senior Scientist Sends “Emergency” Warning to US Secretary of Agriculture,

gmo foods causing abortions ->

edit on 5/7/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I remember watching the the news covering Michelle Obama breaking ground on the White House and first family's organic garden...

Shortly after they appointed Tom Vilsack as Secretary of Agriculture.

Ironic.
edit on 7-5-2011 by DeadFlagBlues because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
what worries me most about these gmo foods, is this stuff is already in our environment growing and it is not how nature intended, could these frankenstein plants eventually spread like a disease and wipe out the original plants on our planet? do they affect nature for example the honey bees?
they apparently have in built pesticides.. well if insects wont touch this stuff, that should be telling us all something..

so if i want to avoid these foods, should i only buy organic products? are organic products definitely gmo free?
do we know or have any cases of why this stuff is not good for humans? or are they just theories at this stage?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
... it seems that people would literally rather starve than eat this abomination.

The Peasant Movement of Papay, a group of Haitian farmers, has committed to burning 60,000 seed sacks (475 tons) of hybrid corn and vegetable seeds donated by Monsanto in the wake of the devastating earthquake earlier this year.

Thought this was an interesting item, so I thought I'd do a bit of background reading on it.
Turns out they werent going to "starve". Although they'd had an earthquake, they had plenty of their own seed and didnt need any extra donated seed at all.
Cant find any evidence that the burning went ahead. I think the donation didnt end up happening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join