It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab created wolves released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is the second video confirmed now of giant wolves roaming the great northwest. Its said that these wolves were lab created and released potentially to get people closer to the city and out of the wilderness. Its said that these huge beast will stop at nothing to eat what they want, growing great concern from people in this part of the country.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com.../u/20/EequClSoD9k

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sounds like it would make a great movie!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sounds like it would make a great movie!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by biosphere
video confirmed now of giant wolves roaming the great northwest.

Confirmed?? Where??
I see 2 links to the same video.
The video is not a video at all.
It is an extremely out of focus image that confirms absolutely nothing.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That's a bunch of bull. Wolves were extincted in 1926, and was reintroduced to Yellowstone in 1982. No wolves were lab created to scare people off. Wolves are having a hard enough time trying to survive with out all the politicians and ranchers after them. This is just fear mongering nonsense. I live in the country and hope to someday see them on my property, they are the most beautiful and peaceful creatures in the world.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
2nd video...

and another.....

edit on 6-5-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Grey wolves are the smaller variety, about the size of coyotes, males a bit bigger. Timber wolves are the larger ones, often over 200 lbs when healthy, and they have never been known to attack people indiscriminately. They are usually in the north, where it's much cooler weather.

It would make no sense to make something in a lab, to get people out of the wilderness. We still need people outside of the cities, to grow and manage food. Farmers wouldn't be scared, they would just shoot if needed, like with bears and mountain lions. They are scarier animals than wolves.

An old friend in BC, Canada had a timber wolf husky mix, he was huge. Biggest I've ever seen. We had a 180 lb (yes, he was one of the largest ) rottweiller when we visited, who was playing with her dog/wolf, and the dog/wolf was twice the size of the rotty. And very friendly too. They played good together, both neutered males.

This was one of the most beautiful animals I've ever seen, when he stood up and put a paw on my shoulder and licked my face, it was awesome
He was the size of the fuzzy out of focus pics in the video, but a whiteish caramel colour.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by biosphere

Doug ,
I've heard about the large wolves here's a statement I found.
"Most recently, an unusually large wolf was said to be responsible for the deaths of 120 sheep over the course of one year in Montana. "
"... you might want to think twice before moving to rural areas of Idaho, western Montana and . ... Unlike real wolves who hunt in packs, Amarok hunts alone. ..."

I received a message from faceintree this morning.

"Hi, Dear One - I will go back to the forum there and try to register, again. Thanks for your excellent work and making people aware. Hope to see you over there, soon. Last night I got a message that stated these wolves are reaching up to 250 Lbs. That's an estimate from someone who hunts and can judge the size. So, they must be releasing the ancient wolf species, Amarok - which is a giant wolf that used to roam America. See you at the forum. Love, Rebecca"

I Live not too far from yellowstone national park and there has been a lot of debate about killing wolves. and many have been killed aliong the northern border.
I know that if bison step foot outside of the park, they are fair game and there's a cooler full of bison meat at the foodbank to prove it! But as for the wolves, they attack livestock and there is concern for the elk herds. Where I live though, we've had bears and mountain lions just a few miles from my house so we always carry bear spray when we go up the canyon.

"Thursday, February 17, 2011
Montana Governor Schweitzer Says "Shoot Wolves!" "

"Dear Secretary Salazar:

I write to you today regarding wolf management in Montana.

While almost everyone acknowledges that the Northern Rocky Mountain gray wolf population is fully recovered, as the Governor of Montana I am profoundly frustrated by the lack of any actual results that recognize Montana’s rights and responsibilities to manage its wildlife. Montana has for years done everything that has been asked: adopting a model wolf management plan; enacting enabling legislation; and adopting the necessary implementing rules. Our exemplary efforts have been ignored. I cannot continue to ignore the crying need for workable wolf management while Montana waits, and waits, and waits. Therefore, I am now going to take additional necessary steps to protect the interests of Montana’s livestock producers and hunters to the extent that I can within my authorities as governor.

First, for Montana’s northwest endangered wolves (north of Interstate 90), any livestock producers who kill or harass a wolf attacking their livestock will not be prosecuted by Montana game wardens. Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Parks (FWP) wardens will be directed to exercise their prosecutorial discretion by not investigating or citing anyone protecting their livestock.

Further, I am directing FWP to respond to any livestock depredation by removing whole packs that kill livestock, wherever this may occur.

Still further, to protect the elk herds in Montana’s Bitterroot Valley that have been most adversely affected by wolf predation, I am directing FWP, to the extent allowed by the Endangered Species Act, to cull these wolves by whole-pack removal to enable elk herds to recover.

At this point, I can do nothing less and still maintain my commitment as Governor to uphold the rights of our citizens to protect their property and to continue to enjoy Montana’s cherished wildlife heritage and traditions.

Sincerely,

Brian Schweitzer
Governor "

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is in the wrong section and may get 404'd. OP, should ask to have it placed properly.

The picture in question, the one on the You tube vid, is a doctored photo that went around a few years back. It was shown locally and debunked. The wolves in question, are Timber Wolves, the biggest of all wolves.

The issue locally, are that the wolves kill animals in high numbers to teach their pups to hunt. Our local moose calf was killed, but not eaten. As well as numerous Elk. Killed but not eaten. A bigger factor to the farmers, is the livestock numbers being killed.

I'm doubting the whole "made in Labs"

Seems more a far fetched propaganda, ignoring any real issues and ways to deal with them.
edit on 7-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: corrections

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I really hate it when propaganda about wolves comes out. They are in a bad situation and all the fear mongering against them just makes their plight for survival all that much more difficult. Mexican Grey Wolves are on the endangered list with less than 50 in the world in the wild. There are people who look for any excuse to justify killing wolves. It makes me sick!

join