It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 21st, 2011 End of the World - Claim and Rebuttal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! that's my birthday!! well happy birthday to me

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well that's what those so-called Christians get for not reading their bibles. Otherwise, they would have paid attention to Matthew 24:36.

Amos 8:11 sure is coming true these days.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
Wow that was awesome. I'm keeping this idea in mind so I can ownz me some religions in the future.

Is this a sign that it is true?
That post was my 666th post on ATS.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You really think that is funny? Hahahaha. Does that make you feel better? GROW UP! That stupid line has been said before over and over again. You didn't stump anyone. Tell me how that has anything to do with May 21 not happening? Mark the Bible's words. When May 21 finally dawns on us and God's righteous judgment is poured out over the whole earth you will not be laughing then. You will be shaking in you boots!, and on your knees begging God for mercy. Don't you realize you are doing and saying exactly what those just before the flood of Noah's day did and said? 2 Peter 3:3 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers(YOU), walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the begining of the creation." God will come upon you "as a theif in the night"! Beg Him for mercy! Those dear people were doing that out of love and how dare you mock them and God. May God rebuke you!. Amen.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Duskangels

Believe me friend, I would not mock God. However, I do admit that I'm definitely skeptical about this May 21st prediction, though I admit that it may be due to my own ignorance regarding the evidence. I would be willing to learn more about this.
Rather than condemning us, please, would you be able to enlighten us as to how you've reached this conclusion? Do you believe that this interpretation is 100% accurate?

EDIT:

Matthew 24:44 (NIV)
'So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.'

I think that this scripture may be particularly applicable to those of us who live closer to the end times. If it's stated that Christ will come when we do not expect him, then isn't it contradictory for us to say positively that it will be 21/05/2011, or any other specific day for that matter?
edit on 5/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyinawareness

If Jesus or Aliens appear in the sky, Project Blue Beam will be the first thing I think of. TPTB have been planning for the crazies to come out and expect the end of the world for a while now. What better way to get mass hysteria and start their depopulation plans?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1FullHouse

If Jesus or Aliens appear in the sky, Project Blue Beam will be the first thing I think of. TPTB have been planning for the crazies to come out and expect the end of the world for a while now. What better way to get mass hysteria and start their depopulation plans?

Actually this is really a good point.

If we somehow get confirmation on the MSM of a particular date of landing, or arrival of a higher force/ET, your assumption would be one that I would most definitely agree with, but leaning more to the hysteria than depopulation.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duskangels
Peter 3:3 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers(YOU), walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the begining of the creation." God will come upon you "as a theif in the night"

That is the problem with the Bible, people don't really read or know it well enough, but will pick quotes to suit their needs or particular beliefs, then interpret it to scare others.

Let's look at another passage, of the bible and all the different versions available too, so there maybe less confusion.

Matthew 24:36

TNew International Version (©1984)
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

New Living Translation (©2007)
"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.

English Standard Version (©2001)
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

International Standard Version (©2008)
"No one knows when that day or hour will come-not the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father,

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
"No one knows when that day or hour will come. Even the angels in heaven and the Son don't know. Only the Father knows.

King James Bible
But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

American King James Version
But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

American Standard Version
But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

Bible in Basic English
But of that day and hour no one has knowledge, not even the angels in heaven, or the Son, but the Father only.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But of that day and hour no one knoweth, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone.

Darby Bible Translation
But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of the heavens, but my Father alone.

English Revised Version
But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

Webster's Bible Translation
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Weymouth New Testament
"But as to that day and the exact time no one knows--not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

World English Bible
But no one knows of that day and hour, not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Young's Literal Translationt

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

Sorry for being very judgmental when I wrote that. I guess I was just frustrated about all the mocking and scoffing from all the other commentors. I really do want to quicky tell you a few reasons why I trust the bible so much concerning May 21, 2011. There are many many proofs and signs that God have open the eyes of the true believers to here in these "Last Days". For instance. One proof is that years and years ago we've discovered (by Gods mercy) that the flood of Noah's day occured in 4990BC, and even more recently we've discovered that the day of judgment is in the year 2011. That is exactly 7,000 years after the flood in 4990. Using the language in 2 Peter 3:8 "One day is with the Lord as a thousand years and a thousand years is as one day.", God used Noah, who was a preacher (2 Peter 2:5) to declare that mankind had 7 days or 7,000 years to escape destruction. God also gave Noah the exact month and day that this would happen. He said that in the 2nd month of the 17th day of the month I will break open the fountains of the deep. May is exactly 7,000 years later "to the very day"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardbeatAcolyte
reply to post by Duskangels

Believe me friend, I would not mock God. However, I do admit that I'm definitely skeptical about this May 21st prediction, though I admit that it may be due to my own ignorance regarding the evidence. I would be willing to learn more about this.
Rather than condemning us, please, would you be able to enlighten us as to how you've reached this conclusion? Do you believe that this interpretation is 100% accurate?

EDIT:

Matthew 24:44 (NIV)
'So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.'

I think that this scripture may be particularly applicable to those of us who live closer to the end times. If it's stated that Christ will come when we do not expect him, then isn't it contradictory for us to say positively that it will be 21/05/2011, or any other specific day for that matter?
edit on 5/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

Great point. Christ did say that only the Father knows when that time will be - not the angels in heaven and not even Christ. If they don't know - how can we claim to know?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by 1FullHouse

Actually this is really a good point.

If we somehow get confirmation on the MSM of a particular date of landing, or arrival of a higher force/ET, your assumption would be one that I would most definitely agree with, but leaning more to the hysteria than depopulation.

Little thought exercise, let's go with the mass hysteria. Riots in the streets, then what? FEMA camps, etc?
edit on 6-5-2011 by 1FullHouse because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

The 17th day of the 2nd month from the biblical calendar to our gegorian calendar is MAY 21! See. Thats where the date comes from. Not out of some mans hat or vision or dream. Please do more research on this. It could be that God is trying to tell you something before its too late. Also all the signs are undeniable. "Jesus said there would be earthquakes in diverse places, wars and rumors of wars, signs in the sky (maybe ufo's), and the wind and the wave roaring. He said "when you see these things look up for your redemption draws nigh." God has unsealed the bible talked about in the book of revelation that had 7 seals in these last days. 1 thessalonians 5:2 "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. Remember that everytime God talks about coming as a thief in the night He is talking about those who are not "watching". He will come as a thief to all those who are unsaved. God never said that no man can know the day or hour, He said that no man knows the day or hour. He was talking about during the whole church age that ended in 1988 that know man did know. Now we do.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ffman

Everyone who does not have their spiritual eyes open will not see this verse and what God really ment. Please. Listen carefully. Mark 13:32 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, niether the son, but the Father." In the original greek (which is directly from the lips of God) the word "Son" is NOT CAPITALIZED. It was made that way when it was translated into english. Please....Please. Listen to what you are saying. If you say that Christ didn't know the day or hour then you are saying that He is not eternal God. Jesus said that "I and the Father are one"!. Christ did know the day and hour. The word son must have ment either satan (who is the son of perdition) or mankind. It could not have ment JESUS THE "SON" of GOD.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Realtruth, that was genius man, wish id been a fly on the wall, you totally got em, and at the end of the day as the bible says, money is the root of all evil.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Also i imagine they know that this is being talked about on ATS, they must google themselves, id love to see the official rebuttel them come up with.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Realtruth, that was genius man, wish id been a fly on the wall, you totally got em, and at the end of the day as the bible says, money is the root of all evil.

Doc,

I was well versed on the bible growing up, then through college had the pleasure of studying other religions as well as Logic, and Philosophy formally.

When people, and that goes for anyone, try to quantify faith with words, it's literally a circular argumentation trap, like a dog chasing it's tail, because one passage points to another, thus proving and debating nothing, or itself. Invalid in the logical mind and the world of Philosophy.

With faith, comes an inner feeling and belief, but trying to scare, or put fear in others to believe in something is far from a so called "Loving God", especially when they do it with words and point to a holy text.

I Love you all but........

Love me because I am the Real God or I'll destroy you all, and make you suffer eternally by casting you into Hell.

Sure, Hey, where do I sign up?

Kind of sounds like all the politicians we listen to daily and the MSM? Does it not? Lead, control and Reign by instilling fear, terror and chaos of the mind.

Peace out,

RT

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
When you asked them to sign over all there wordly goods, just out of interest did the the idea of the challenge just popped into your head, or had you thought of it before, because if its the first, then your a genius, and if its the second your still pretty cool, excellent stuff.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
When you asked them to sign over all there wordly goods, just out of interest did the the idea of the challenge just popped into your head, or had you thought of it before, because if its the first, then your a genius, and if its the second your still pretty cool, excellent stuff.

No it actually just popped into my head, not sure about genius though.

It was just one of those moments when I felt a Divine Light coming through my very being, guiding me to speak unto them, it said:

" My son, sign them to a legal contract and we will split the goods 50/50, after the 21st of May, since I know the truth"

I have a health respect for religion, but I also have a healthy respect for questioning things too.

Thanks for your comments they are appreciated.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
That was great! I never thought of doing something like that. Well at least you made them question their faith.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Someone else after my own heart, calls the leader of this movement out.

Radio caller asks him about all the people donating their life savings, then hits him with this question.

"Do they get a refund on the 22nd of May?" lmao!

Listen to how he gets defensive, then stumbles and stammers when questioned, spoken like a true scammer.

What would you have said to him?

edit on 9-5-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join