It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Army detonates explosives on the Mississippi levees!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The U.S. government on Monday detonated explosives to blow a hole in a flood levee on the Mississippi River and save several towns from being inundated, including Cairo, Illinois. Six plumes of flame rose from the area of the explosion and a loud boom was heard at about 10 p.m. local time, a Reuters journalist near the site of the action said.

By blowing up the levee, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers hopes to allow the Mississippi River to cope with the rising waters of the Ohio River, relieving Cairo and other towns threatened with massive flooding. Both rivers have been rising as a result of days of rain and the melt and runoff of heavy winter snowstorms.

But destroying the levee is expected to flood more than 100,000 acres of farmland in Missouri. The state tried unsuccessfully to get several courts, including the Supreme Court, to block the move.

This is big news for anyone in the area, I don't have much to say except I hope you are all safe!

reuters.com

Heres a news clip showing the explosion:

Youtube video discussing it:

edit on 5/3/2011 by raiders247 because: added video

edit on 5/3/2011 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
what a strategic move

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
EVERYTHING IS FINE PEOPLE! TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT. THEY PRIVILEGE YOU WITH YOUR FREEDOM.
o_o

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
you can find ongoing updates
and eye witness accounts in this thread here

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

SnF

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yeah I have been following this story since yesterday(Sunday) when the US Army Corp literally went in the town of Cairo, forced the entire town to evacuate. They went door to door checking every house. I forget the links right now, but I commented on this and provided links to the actual newspapers of the surrounding area reporting on what was going on.

The newspapers also said the Army had begun planting explosives early Monday AM even though wouldn't be given an answer untill 5 pm in the afternoon on whether or not it would be detonating Birds Point levee located away from the town. What is fishy is that the articles talk about explosives being placed, but the story is talking about Cairo, Ohio. Another newspaper of the area talks about Birds Point, but that it had to wait until 5 pm to begin placing the bombs. It was all very fishy...

Anyways I found out about the story after watching this guys video's on youtube. One is from May 1st, the other from the 2nd. It's pretty impressive how much information he is providing, and that all of it he provides references too - most being from actual US gov sites surprisingly.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

ok. so i have been following and contributing to this PRESSING ISSUE at godlike productions. when i commented on the fact that this issue is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE and absolute NONSENSICAL threads were being pinned, i was BANNED.

so now im turning to YOU: ATS, as a comprehensive info hub to figure out just what in the heck is happening to the world right now...

best wishes to all as we press forward to "see" into the plan.

APOLOGIES FOR THE EXPLANATION, SO TO KEEP ON TOPIC, IT WAS SAID THAT THE 3rd BLAST WILL TAKE PLACE AT 10 AM TODAY... i will search for other threads to keep tabs on this issue as most are preoccupied by the OBL issue...

BEST WISHES TO ALL!!!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
you can find ongoing updates
and eye witness accounts in this thread here

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

SnF

thanks for the link EE! good lookin out!

new topics

top topics

join