It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Nice neighborhood.. clean streets.. and very social and law abiding citizens..

When a crowd gets out of hand.. the damage will have been done.

I believe this was nothing more then a precaution to prevent any "serious" injuries or deaths.

Sure.. innocent bystanders got caught up in it.. but where is the concerns to those who get hurt by crowds?

Hurt either physically, emotionally or their property gets damaged? Oh thats right.. those individuals don't count when a mob goes rampant because there is no distinguishable "label" on mobs... no organization someone can point a finger at.

I believe the cops were right by preventing chaos. And don't blame the police. go back in history and blame the few bad apples.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Willbert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

This doesn't look like a riot, just a bunch of drunken college students acting crazy.

Video gets good after about a minute, they take down a stop sign are burning trash and chanting USA... Then they start chanting "F the Police"...

Probably pissed them off... But the thing is it didn't get bad until the riot police came out in full force without investigating what was going on.

Both sides misunderstand each other, so chaos ensues.
edit on 3-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
Nice neighborhood.. clean streets.. and very social and law abiding citizens..

I believe this was nothing more then a precaution to prevent any "serious" injuries or deaths.

I believe the cops were right by preventing chaos. And don't blame the police. go back in history and blame the bad few apples.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Willbert because: (no reason given)

Ok lets go not even 100 years ago, Germany, The citizens[some] thought that "The Final Solution" was right by the police of their country, in the name of preventing chaos.

The few bad apples in the bunch are the people IN CHARGE of the police.

/facepalm

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

It looks to me that the powers that be are trying to push the boundaries of their people as far as they can to see where the breaking point is-and it looks like they are being successful. Its blatant and reprehensible.

I would like to see what happens when they push the wrong person/community? Martial law? Rebellion? Will people then take notice
Using this level of force on such an event is just unbelievable to me

I really hope your populace wakes up en masse!
The U.S seems to be a melting pot/testing ground for this kind of thing though

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

Nice of you to leave out the part I mention how innocent bystanders get hurt by chaotic crowds...

It's not about one persons liberty getting hurt.. but how many join together to hurt others and then leave it to say, its not me.. it was the crowd.

Use the whole context and not a few.. if your going to comment on my comments, tyvm.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I read that every year those students make a mess, but that the next morning they pick up the area and restore it..
Students were saying that was a tradition.
Just a FYI.

I don't like the militarization of the police.
I knew a good man that got on his son's skateboard and fell, hit his head and died.
When you throw people to the ground, you COULD kill them.

If I were a cop, I'd not want to use force unless someone was clearly a danger to themselves or others.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I read that every year those students make a mess, but that the next morning they pick up the area and restore it..
Students were saying that was a tradition.
Just a FYI..

Someone mentioned that the students grabbed a stop sign and burnt it.. You going to tell me they pay for a new sign and replace it? Or will the taxpayers foot the bill.. Oh and forgive me if the students pay enough taxes to willfully destroy city property which is paid for by tax payers.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Stick to the video and the history on that street and what it has done in the past.

Has nothing to do with Germany.. like comparing apples and oranges.. bringing in examples of other societies which has nothing to do with the current situation. Stick to the topic at hand. If you can.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Nice of you to leave out the part I mention how innocent bystanders get hurt by chaotic crowds...

It's not about one persons liberty getting hurt.. but how many join together to hurt others and then leave it to say, its not me.. it was the crowd.

Use the whole context and not a few.. if your going to comment on my comments, tyvm.

Lol who are you to tell people what they can and cannot comment from you, hitler? tyvm.

I don't see any "innocent bystanders" getting hurt by any "chaotic" crowds

The point I was making with germany is that PEOPLE like YOU that support things like this will follow the government/police to do whatever they want. Which is why millions of people followed the police and government into the railcars and then into the fire. IDK about you but I don't have to be on the way to the FEMA camps to know that the government is corrupt.

If you want an example of US police being brutal, just ask any Japanese American that got rounded up by the same US police, just different people in the uniforms.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

After watching that I'm not sure if I should be anti-police or anti-college. It would appear from the grins on their faces as they got maced that Ignorance really is bliss.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If this was just a 1 time thing, then it looked like a riot

But they said this is an every year tradition and they fix everything they mess up

Its just college people drunk, like always

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby

Lol who are you to tell people what they can and cannot comment from you, hitler? tyvm.

I don't see any "innocent bystanders" getting hurt by any "chaotic" crowds

The point I was making with germany is that PEOPLE like YOU that support things like this will follow the government/police to do whatever they want. Which is why millions of people followed the police and government into the railcars and then into the fire. IDK about you but I don't have to be on the way to the FEMA camps to know that the government is corrupt.

If you want an example of US police being brutal, just ask any Japanese American that got rounded up by the same US police, just different people in the uniforms.

Show me people who are in the FEMA camps unwilling.. oh right.. there is none, just your imagination.

Again.. you bring outside sources and situations to a local street where college kids do get out of hand.. but because they are prevented from creating chaotic moments.. they are then victims.. And if you wish to only cut out partial comments from a persons post and then make invalid comments.. then yes.. I will tell YOU what you did wrong. Even if you're blind to it. Deal with it the only way you knw how. "palm face out"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This was quite simply an opportunity for the swat teams to "practice" their "skills" on a non-threatening crowd, thus avoiding any harm to their members. The police-state needs "practice" to develope their methods. It has the added benefit of weeding-out those amonst them that are not brutal enough to attack their fellow citizens. The police must have only thugs willing to do whatever they are told without question if the NWO is to become a reality.

We can learn what it will be like, in the near future, when swarms of these piggish brutes invade our neighborhoods to confiscate our weapons and cart off "potential terrorists" to the FEMA concentration camps for "re-education" or "disposal". One such "sweep" through a neighborhood will be enough to whip most citizens into fearful acceptance of TPTB. This is a picture of our future, folks. Take a long hard look!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Usually I can't stand stupid police....but....

The college kids reacted by throwing bottles and escalating the whole incident. Do that and you get maced. Big deal. What did they expect?

Lesson learned. Fight the law and the law will win.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Kids have fun- police react-Kill fun, with excessive force. For every action there's a opposite reaction. The police has every fault in it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LosLobos

Originally posted by OldCorp

Over MY DEAD BODY (and the bodies of as many that try to take them as I can take with me. Trust me, I'm an EXCELLENT marksman.)

If the cops come to take your gun they are coming to take your gun. So yes, standing over YOUR DEAD BODY, they will take your gun. Not only will they take your gun but they will take the rest of your property for giving them a hard time to begin with. They are not going to show up asking nicely for your gun. They are going to show up 30 deep ready to take your gun.

I guess my point is this. If they want to take your gun they will. I have never known ANYONE who kept their gun after ATF showed up. Can you name a person in America who kept their gun after the authorities showed up to take their gun?

I agree that I will pay for my resistance with my life, even the lives of my family, if I desperately cling to my Bible, guns, and the Constitutional rights guaranteed me by the blood of my forefathers; but what is the alternative? Slavery!

The Founding Fathers pledged their Sacred Honor and their very lives to secure my freedom, and yours as well. What kind of a man would I be if I didn't live up to those same ideals? The answer is no man at all. The very purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to allow the citizens of the United States to have the ability to resist a tyrannical government. I have absolutely no illusions about the intentions of various federal agencies, including the ATF and FBI; especially in light of Ruby Ridge and Waco where rather than wait them out they thought it was a good idea to murder men, women, and children.

The men that staff these agencies are by and large the most professional in law enforcement, and I WANT to believe - even today - that they are GOOD MEN; but it is incumbent upon them to insure that the actions they take are Constitutional. Hence, if they try and take my weapons - which I hold legally - then they will have to live with the consequences of their actions.

I suggest you watch the following videos. Before you do though, I'd like to point out that IMO David Koresh was a whack job in his religious beliefs, but that is NOT against the law; neither is owning weapons which, as a FEDERALLY LICENSED firearms dealer, Koresh legally owned. Even if he wasn't a firearms dealer, there were a grand total of ONE rifle for each of the residents of the Waco compound. I would hardly call that "stockpiling," and even if they were "stockpiling" weapons, that in itself is not against the law.

Randy Weaver's beliefs were also fairly extreme, but they were not illegal. His crime was selling a sawed-off shotgun to an undercover ATF agent; but rather than wait for him to come into town for supplies to serve their LEGAL warrant for his arrest, the ATF stormed his property, shot his dog, shot at his 14-year-old son, and as they were running into their home to escape the assault, the prepositioned FBI sniper shot his mother in the face while she was holding the door open with one hand and holding her baby in the other. I'm sorry, but that is nothing short of cold-booded murder.

IMO, the ATF and FBI agents involved in Ruby Ridge and Waco MURDERED those people. The FBI sniper who shot Vicky Weaver in the face was never punished, even though the government was found liable for her illegal killing and had to pay Randy Weaver an award of 1 million dollars. No, he wasn't punished; he was promoted - and sent to Waco.

WACO: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

THE TRUTH OF THE RUBY RIDGE MASSACRE

edit on 5/3/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

So I guess we agree to disagree

You'll find out in time, I promise you that

Tyrannical governments do not last long, neither will this one

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Man...

You really had me right up until you said "David Icke".

ALL of that would have seemed so much less nutty, (dead on actually) if you had just left out those two words.

Not hatin'. Just sayin'

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Grrrr!!! I can't watch such vids. My blood is boiling. I've seen worse situations and everytime I say to myself if I or my kid was there and I occasionally had a rifle near, I don't know... What is Your second amendment about? These MF should realize something about their job - bad idea in these times.
"Uuuuuu! Mr. policeman has such authority, such power, I'm so scared....they've used excessive force"
Look at Greeks and watch their hands to learn something kiddos.
If you wanna riot don't forget few dozens of molotoves at home or you gonna be just ducks like that.
Weak protest will be neutralized and NEVER change anything. It's just so simple.

"ANGER IS A GIFT." Malcolm X

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hiya ATS'rs this is disturbing to say the least..Riot gear, Military WEPONS!..It definatlly looks like our government is looking for any excuse to "Train" the police in tactis in population controll...Why may I ask?

I had a friend that held a house party and was arrested for noise disturbance because 1 person on the entire block was upset because the music was to loud. It's kinda funny because the noise ordinance for the town in where the party was held has no noise ordinance untill 9:30pm..He was arrested at 7:30pm..and only because the police ran his ID in multiple counties( not just the one he lived in currentlly) and it came up for an unpaied ticket from 1996! from another county 300 miles away..he was 16 then!

Whats the difrence in a little bit of music being played than a city worker using a chainsaw to remove brush..or even a homowner mowing his lawn? Thats why the ordinance was put into place in the first place, to have a reasonable level of noise to be expected untill 9:30pm..

The sad thing about this that strikes me odd is TPB are calling this a Riot.. ummmm..all the video I have seen is the people on their own property having a social get together..A Riot would be people looting and distroying other peoples property.. I must not be as stupid as most americans if I can tell the differance!

Thoughts?

Thanks for posting..because MSM would tell me these people wer doing something wrong..I think the person who ordered these officers should be held acountable for infringing on these students constitutional right to assemble and be held acountable! Then again since 9-11 what is the U.S. constitution but nothing more than a collection of our founding fathers signatures..Our government has seem to have lost sight of what that document was really ment to be used for..TO PROTECT THE COMMON MAN FROM THE TIRINY OF AN OPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT!

stars and flags my friend!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join