It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Already-Written Book About Navy Seal Group That Killed Osama Bin Laden Suddenly Hot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Already-Written Book About Navy Seal Group That Killed Osama Bin Laden Suddenly Hot

www.hollywoodreporter.com

A book about the Navy Seal group Seal Team Six, members of which killed Osama Bin Laden in a mansion near Islamabad, will be published this May.

According to Publisher's Weekly, the book, Seal Team Six is by Howard Wasdin, is due to hit stores on May 24.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ok here we go,
So the book already has a date to being published. Quick reserve your copay today.

People need to cash in on the KILL Quick. Has anybody found a new and exciting t-shirts yet.

PS. I wonder if the Bush's will attend any ceremony for Bin Laden since they are such close family friends with Saudi Family

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinadetta

Seal Team Six are bad mother bleepers.

This is just another notch on their monument of accomplishments.

They have already had numerous movies and video games made about them, this book is just another in a long list.

Special Activities Division at the CIA deserve a big shout out too though. Hopefully no one forgets about them.

Yo Joe!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Very good find my friend, S/F.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
WTF.

He was killed yesterday, and already the book is done?

Am I the only one that finds this incredible? Like, they had advanced knowledge of the "Official" story, which would make it bogus, no?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

No, its about Seal Team Six, not the operation yesterday.

Huge difference.

We will get books, movies, and games though about the operation yesterday.

Wouldn't be surprised if DLC for Call of Duty or Medal of Honor comes out for it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You are exactly whats wrong with this world, and you dont even know it,

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I understand that people will obviously use this as a money maker, but.....

Really? And how many times do I have to say "really?" to so many strange details surrounding this topic?

This is my first comment posted on any OBL thread since most of my time has been spent reading through the massive discussion topics.

On a side note, I also notice a lot more people than usual questioning the MSM and TPTB around this situation. These people are in no way the usual ones to raise question, and in fact look at me like I'm crazy sometimes when I express theories around such highly speculative topics.

I sense that people are being awakened to the more obvious realization that something big is up.

EDIT: This article states that there is a book about the Seal Team Six that killed OBL. It's most likely been in the works for some time and is probably just a book about the Seal Teams experiences, not necessarily the mission in which they supposedly killed OBL. Thought I'd point that out.
edit on 5/2/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/2/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccultScience
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You are exactly whats wrong with this world, and you dont even know it,

Because I said SEAL Team Six were bad mother bleepers or that the CIA's Special Activities Division deserved some recognition?

You don't see me gloating like the drunk kids in front of the White House last night or saying we should have soaked Bin Laden in bacon grease.

I simply am acknowledging the accolades of those two units and the fact that lots of crap has already been sold in the past.
edit on 2/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: night

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Apparently the article in the OP is mistaken. The Seal Team Six book is the memoirs of the author and his time as part of the unit. Its about his operations, not the Osama Bin Laden operation.

here an article that says a little bit about the confusion.
New Yorker

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Not surprising.. They have to back up the lies on how they killed a guy who has been dead for years.. A classic case of "baffle them with bovine fecal matter".. And with the large amounts coming out of dizzy city lately hope everyone has a shovel handy...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Wasn't the actual Seal Team 6 disbanded years ago?

Isn't it just a moniker used as a catch-all in reference to commando types and rogue operations?

Another SEAL TEAM 6 Killed Osama Headline

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
lots of crap

Personally I think things could be summed up best with just this, accolades and all of course

brill

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SlackOps

They changed their name in the past.

Their official name is the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group.

SEAL Team Six is still an informal name.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I know the Seals are a proud and dedicated elite fighting force. It’s gonna be hard for them to be paraded all over MSM as heroes in support of this farce.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

If their accolades were crap, anyone could do what they do.

The things they have done are peak human, at times even almost superhuman. Even if I didn't agree with policies or missions, I would still respect their capabilities.

For example, you will never see me call Russia's Spetsnaz "crap".

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Seal Team Six are bad mother bleepers.

This is just another notch on their monument of accomplishments.

They have already had numerous movies and video games made about them, this book is just another in a long list.

Special Activities Division at the CIA deserve a big shout out too though. Hopefully no one forgets about them.

Yo Joe!

So...does this mean you're no longer a Cobra Commander?

Maybe a new avatar and stuff for you?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I give respect where repsect is due.

They do still have a ways to go to catch up with the Crimson Guard Immortals or Lampreys.

Hail COBRA!.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinadetta

A book about the Navy Seal group Seal Team Six, members of which killed Osama Bin Laden in a mansion near Islamabad, will be published this May.

According to Publisher's Weekly, the book, Seal Team Six is by Howard Wasdin, is due to hit stores on May 24.

edit on 2-5-2011 by AuranVector because: I should have read the thread before posting

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A lot of people are going to read this headline and completely misconstrue that it's about the operation to kill OBL. It's not - it's a book about the branch of special forces (Navy Seals) that just so happen to be the same forces that got OBL.

You can bet that publisher is going to use that happenstance to further promote the book - I mean who wouldn't? but implying that the book was written about this particular operation (killing OBL) with some sort of advance knowledge is untruthful.

I'd agree with you MikeBoyd, Navy Seals are probably the best of the best. All those Special Forces types train their guts out, but Seals seem to take it one step further.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join