It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Won't Transfer $89 Million in Funds Owed to Palestinians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Israel Won't Transfer $89 Million in Funds Owed to Palestinians

news.antiwar.com

Under current agreements, the Israeli government collects a number of taxes for the PA and is supposed to transfer them regularly. In practice, this cash has been withheld whenever Israeli officials objected to internal policy moves.

US congressmen also suggested last week that they may withhold aid to the Palestinian Authority as retaliation for “shunning peace talks.” The US-brokered talks actually ended in September, when the Israeli government restarted settlement expansion. Israeli officials had repeatedly suggested new talks were “impossible” long before the reconciliation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israeli schoolbus hit with anti-tank weapon fired from Gaza, critically wounding teen
Egypt calls on US to recognise Palestinian state

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This was an interesting development to me. I wondered if this had anything to do with Egypt opening its border with Gaza. Israeli authorities say the money is being withheld because of a deal reached last month between Fatah and Hamas.

With all the suspicion that Hamas is actually used by Mossad to maintain the perception of instability and danger, will we soon see a further reason to deny the Palestinians their funds? Watching the well orchestrated media releases coordinated with an obvious uniformity in the subject matter I am led further toward those suspicions.

If I can conjure up the correct analogy as to what I'm seeing here I'd feel better. It's almost like being denied your paycheck because your boss doesn't like who you have befriended recently. You will not get the money you are owed until you lay out a comprehensive explanation as to what this new relationship of yours will manifest. Very Strange.

news.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wanted to include this video as well in the opening portions of the topic.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wasnt aware that Israel taxed Palestine, this is disgusting news really and i am just glad to see that Palestine actually has an open border now thanks to what happened in Egypt. I bet Israel didnt see that coming.

s&f

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Under current agreements, the Israeli government collects a number of taxes for the PA and is supposed to transfer them regularly. In practice, this cash has been withheld whenever Israeli officials objected to internal policy moves.

I'm not sure if that border is actually open yet. I'm sure the recent explosion along this border was no accident. It seems as though a pretext to something is being presented for us to consider.

TEL AVIV -- An Egyptian natural gas terminal near the border with Israel, that supplies gas to Israel and Jordan, was hit by an explosion on Wednesday. Israeli National Infrastructure Minister Uzi Landau warned that his country "should be prepared for a situation where gas flow from Egypt would stop." Security sources in Egypt were quoted as saying that "an unknown armed gang attacked the gas pipeline".

www.b92.net...

Couple this news with Israel withholding the funds and you can see that there is something in the works.

It seems that withholding funds is an ordinary practice for Israel as well whenever the Palestinians do something that Israel disagrees with.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Incredible, what amounts to another collective punishment against the Palestinian people as they emerge back onto a united front, and have Egypt end the illegal blockade of Gaza.

It seems that Israel has been more or less running something similiar to the oil for food program that the UN once did in Iraq, where they will allow the Palestinians the money from their own revenues providing they can only spend it on 'approved' purchases.

Of course unlike oil for food it's a unilatteral action, that is all about Israel micro-managing a peoples it truly wants to keep impoverished, divided, and struggling against all odds.

Truly shameful that the world stands for such a thing.

Shameful indeed.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Truly shameful that the world stands for such a thing. Shameful indeed.

The thing is, I'm not sure that everyone knows the real story. It seems a majority will give the situation a cursory glance and accept what is being told to them. With the media's uncanny ability at influencing the majority you have to wonder if everyone is being told the real truth.

We know of the enormous amount of support that is provided Israel both monetarily and religiously. I have been seeing a contradiction in the proclaimed status of a divinely ordained area replete with statutes and commands and a people's willingness to agree and live by such divine statutes and commands.

Relying on a belief system imposed on whole populations to amass an inspired and convinced following that does not waiver in its desire to see horrific prophecies come to fruition, you have to wonder if the situation is being orchestrated.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Those are great points and many would say the situation is being orchestrated. Pragmatists and realists have a hard time believing all of a sudden every one in the Middle East woke up one fine morning and decided to start over throwing leaders and dynasties that they have been living under for decades on end.

Meanwhile you can't easily deny or dismiss (no one could) that our societies and their governments and heads all are constructed on, and derive their power from shared concepts of the Hebrew God, as the ultimate justification and righteousness of authority.

It is what is behind the divine right of kings, and sovereign nations and courts of law.

So yes you could say easily it's all being orchestrated and as the underlying lynch pin in the statist system, concepts of the Hebrew God, replete with nation, are paramount in maintaining to perpetuate the system.

Hard to believe that here in the 21st century that our understanding of the universe is still dictated by first century goat herders and slave traders but alas it is!

Great observation.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well, maybe i have a first century goat herder and slave trader
mentality (you missed Khazar "accusation" there) , but i also do not see why Israel needs to transfer funds to Hamas. Hamas does not recognize Israel, Hamas actively fights Israel - so if Fatah and Hamas will share control over funds now only in Fatah control Israel has every right to be worried.
Or you can show me when in history of Humanity someone paid money to someone who wants to destroy them?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Well, maybe i have a first century goat herder and slave trader
mentality (you missed Khazar "accusation" there) , but i also do not see why Israel needs to transfer funds to Hamas. Hamas does not recognize Israel, Hamas actively fights Israel - so if Fatah and Hamas will share control over funds now only in Fatah control Israel has every right to be worried.
Or you can show me when in history of Humanity someone paid money to someone who wants to destroy them?

It's real simple, a contractual agreement is a contractual agreement. If Israel has agreed to collect taxes owed to the Palestinians and to transfer them on a regular basis then it needs to live up to that agreement.

Want to cancel the agreement, make the due payment and then stop collecting money that doesn't belong to Israel in the first place.

And no I didn't miss any Khazar accuation there, people of all ethnic backgrounds adhere to and subscribe to these out dated religious notions.

In all fairness they have had thousands of years to produce this God at a Super Bowl Halftime Show or on a Barbara Walter's Special and have failed to book him to one engagement.

None of them are peaceful religions, none of them have ever been peaceful religions, and none of them were designed to be peaceful religions, hence why there has never been any peace with the existence of these religions.

If your love of something that isn't real, destroys constantly what is, then well I am sorry, it's not a very sensible, productive, or peaceful way to enjoy life.

Thanks.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Any excuse to keep the money
Maybe the US should keep the money they give to Israel which is ILLEGAL because U$rael has
Nuclear weapons

differnent story when the shoe is on the other hoof eh?

I guess the god they are always on about only collects
he don't keep his word when it is time to pay

any fool knows what that kind of behavior is called

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

If Israel has agreed to collect taxes owed to the Palestinians and to transfer them on a regular basis then it needs to live up to that agreement.

Correction - Israel signed the agreement with PLO,not amorphic Palestinians. Aka - Fatah. And this agreement has lots and lots of articles,paragraphs and small letters.
One of those articles/paragraphs is about Israel collecting taxes for Palestinians in certain areas. Lots of other articles/paragraphs are about stopping terror and recognizing Israel - for example. Hamas never agreed to both. Fatah will share the same government with Hamas. Funds are transferef to Palestinian government. To me it looks really simple.
Contracts are to be kept by both sides.
edit on 2-5-2011 by ZeroKnowledge because: poor english

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

There is a difference between the spirit of a contract and the letter of a contract.

Israel is simply showing once again it can't be trusted to honor agreements.

Indeed it never has and the suspicious might look to some of the religious constructs of the Talmud to understand why it is some peoples are so predisposed to reneging on a contract.

Hamas and Fatah and other polticial parties within Palestinian Society are all part of a tranformation and evolution (for lack of a better world) of a people.

You want these entities to gaurantee Israel's right to exist, while at the same time Israel renegs on every agreement and steals money, land and lives.

As a casual non-vested observer I think you are asking for a lot in that regard.

Some would say far too much, while others would use the word unrealistic.

When Israel starts to honor agreements simply because they are agreements and not whether it serves some greater goal or ambition, then Israel will have respect and trust.

Until then it will be a pariah that many will view with dim suspicion that you will have to make crappy excuses for!

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

As a casual non-vested observer I think you are asking for a lot in that regard.

I doubt that both parts of this are true. I do not ask for anything. I try to explain to people who think in goatherdingslavetratdingtalmudic perspective why Israel can postpone transferring funds until other side will declare that all other articles of the agreement will be honored.
Spirit of Oslo agreement is not 100 million dollars, me thinks. It is more about Palestinian state ( that Palestinians never ever had) living in peace beside Jewish state of Israel. Hamas as part of the government is hardly in spirit of things.

Hamas and Fatah and other polticial parties within Palestinian Society are all part of a tranformation and evolution (for lack of a better world) of a people.

Yeah. So if Liberman would be Israeli Prime Minister and all those parties Israel had banned that push for transfer to Arabs and similar fascistic crap (as their twin - Hamas) will from coalition or even be in the governemnt you will naturally demand from Palestinians to uphold their agreements nevertheless since it is evolution for Israeli people... I doubt that, you know.

You want these entities to gaurantee Israel's right to exist, while at the same time Israel renegs on every agreement and steals money, land and lives.

So Palestinians can break the contract. If Israel does not keep it - according to you of course. But Israel cannot since it is talmudical thingy.
Again, spirit of agreement was not money. It was Palestine beside Israel. I see that Palestinians have their own embasies. Their own capital - even 2 capitals. Their own government. Things that they did not have before Israel. Things they did not have under Egypt/Jordanian/Syrian/whatever control. Also i see Palestinian authority recognising Israel's right to exist. Hamas does not. Israel does not have to transfer funds to Hamas. What is to argue about?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Any excuse to keep the money
Maybe the US should keep the money they give to Israel which is ILLEGAL because U$rael has
Nuclear weapons

differnent story when the shoe is on the other hoof eh?

I guess the god they are always on about only collects
he don't keep his word when it is time to pay

any fool knows what that kind of behavior is called

+1000000 my friend, it really is comical at this point isn't it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Somehow and this often cracks me up, you imagine that my 'future' opinion as well as my 'present' one has any bearing on the situation at all.

Netanyahu: Get me Perez on the line right away!
Prerez: Simon here what it is it Ben?
Netanyahu: It's that darn protoplasmic traveler again!
Perez: Again!
Netanyahu: Yes again, I fear no matter what we do his future opinion will not favor us?
Perez: Have you tried sending him some of your wife's upside down pinapple rum cake, I hear it's his favorite.
Netanyahu: You know how hard it is to get her in the kitchen!
Perez: Sorry I forgot there must be something we can do, how can we make any kind of move not knowing for sure if Proto will welcome it?
Netanyahu: I don't feel we can, any suggestions.
Perez: Try calling him?
Netanyahu: Voice mail
Perez: Have you tried blocking the originating number?
Netanyahu: You know you really were the better man and should have won the election!

Now back to those silly Oslo accords Israel keeps violating, where illegal settlements are still being built, and you want what to happen before you transfer funds that the Israeli nation is obligated to transfer again?

Oh you just want people to shut up and turn a blind eye.

Thanks!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Of course israel will keep the palestinian money... And use it to purchase more weapons to murder more palestinians.. Standard israeli operating procedure..

join