It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the news agencies calling Osama - "Usama" Bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Can anyone enlighten me as to why all the news agencies are reporting Osama's name as Usama all of the sudden?
edit on 5/2/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

beat you to the punch:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But all I got was I dunno's and some snarky remarks.

But hell. Obama is our savior!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Usama is his "Official" name. People outside of the U.S (some) refer to him to as Usama.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
They don't want people to mix the two names up....Osama and Obama....even though both of them are "BRAIN" dead.....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

they are the products of a liberal educational system in this country who cant spell.

osama bin dead a week laden

usama bin dead a week laden

dunno really alot of people spell it differently.

ah here it is from wikipedia:

There is no universally accepted standard in the West for transliterating Arabic words and names into English, so bin Laden's name is spelled in many different ways

en.wikipedia.org...

lol checkout wikipedias place of death looks like someone got it wrong but i wonder who

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Usama is Osamas doppleganger twin.

USA!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Changing his name to USAMA is like changing history.... Something our news is very good at orchestrating.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
In English his name is Osama, in Arabic it's written as Usama.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It was his official name. Also, probably, to not confuse Obama and Osama, as the s and b can be confusing at first glance.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I presume as much. A look at posts by the news orgs in the past show a majority of "Osama."

When I phoned a family member to tell them that "Osama was killed", they heard "Obama."

Either way, there would be cheering by groups in the US and abroad.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by dreamingawake

I presume as much. A look at posts by the news orgs in the past show a majority of "Osama."

When I phoned a family member to tell them that "Osama was killed", they heard "Obama."

Either way, there would be cheering by groups in the US and abroad.

There are 2 massive rallies going on now in my region. 1 at Times Square and 2 The World Trade Center complex site.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Technically this isn't a new development. I remember many of the news agencies referring to Osama as "Usama" back in 2001 right after 9/11.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Fox News messed up the name, having people think it was Obama: fox-news-affiliate-defends-itself-for- typo

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Thank you for confirming that because I could not remember if that was the case. thx.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

No problem, I was recently watching some 9/11 documentaries and saw some of the archival news footage where Fox and some of the other news stations used Usama when they first began discussing whom it could have been behind the attacks.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Except his name has been on the FBI's most wanted list as Usama.....Ignorance my friend.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
OP, are you watching FOX? I ask because I have been flipping through all the news channels and all of them are spelling it with an "O" except Fox.

Seems that His name may have many spellings, much like Gadaffi, Kadaffi, etc...

EDIT: I prefer the spelling with an "O". Using a "U" just doesn't sit right with me considering it spells out USAma
edit on 2-5-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join