It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions About A Quick Death.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So I was driving down the road today, of course I was on ATS before I left, and I noticed lot of cop cars and ambulances speeding down the road, and hoped that where ever they were going no one was badly injured. I began to think about some of the threads that I have seen concerning afterlife, death and religion, forgiveness, etc,.

So I wondered, what happens if you die immediately? What happens if something happened so fast that you didn't have a few minutes to realize that you might be badly hurt, or close to dying? Is there time for maybe those that want to get a chance to change their minds about their religious beliefs (no matter if its to choose it or leave it). Can someone not even know that they are dead? Like the movie the sixth sense?

There are people that say, I'm glad it happened quickly and they didn't suffer, but can that be, and if so, would that constitute someone as being in limbo? Or the reason why some people see ghosts? Can some of us, think that we are alive and well, because our brains died before we died, and didn't get a chance to make the transition?

I know that this is a far out question, but I figure if there was a place to ask it, it would be here. Id love to hear some of your thoughts on this.

Peace, NRE.
edit on 29-4-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: spell check

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Honestly, I think the results would consist of what you want to occur. Some will see Jesus, some will astral project, it's all dependent on you.

Could it all go black? Yes, why not. The only way to know is to experience an NDE or actually die.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

hi a while back i read nobody true, by james herbert i enoyed it very much heres the description

What happens when you lose your body? Jim True knows. He has returned from an out-of-body experience to find he has been brutally murdered and his body mutilated. No one can see him, no one can hear him, no one, except his killer, knows he still exists. Freed from his body, True embarks on a quest to find his killer and discover why and how he has managed to survive. As he closes in on his murderer, True discovers that even the very people he loved and trusted have betrayed him. He meets his killer, a strange and sinister figure who can also leave his body at will. An epic and deadly battle ensues between True and a seemingly unstoppable and hideous serial killer - a man now intent on even more murders, including True's wife and child...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Thanks that sounds like a book I would love to read, do you have a link? Or do you know if I can get in a PDF form. Thanks in advance.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I am a Christian, and I came to that conclusion because of studying political conspiracies over a lifetime, I've come to know that what the bad guys hate most is Christianity. They are absolutely obsessed with wiping it out. They also seem especially fond of Satan and Satan-like deities and minions. That's good enough for me. These rings of VIP child molesters and child sacrificers, etc. can't be on the right side.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I've never had a NDE but here's a little of what I've heard about quick deaths. As Dan Winter would say, the charge of your spirit during a quick death does not have time to "unpack" and leave the body in a smooth transition. So rather then a prolonged experience teetering between this world and the next, the unpacking of charge taking place, it is dispersed much quicker.

An example may be like the rush or pulling, even ripping feeling people commonly experience right after taking a hit of Salvia or '___' and all the sudden being in an ethereal environment, where ever that may be.

Of course this is only what I could imagine, I certainly don't know. I do find it interesting how these drugs, taken in extracted and much more potent forms, cause the ripping and quick transportation of the consciousness.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Apparently death is quite a process, but it occurs in a flash.
People who survived falling from high places or drowning say they don't see the water or any more fear - just their whole life flashes past them in an instant.
A lot of mediums say we don't feel death, but are outside the body at the time of impact already.
Dying a "slow death" is often used as a curse, but for example with disease, some say it is a "good death" in the end, because the person actually feels slowly liberated from the material body, until they willfully embrace the transition and there is less attachment.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

My opinion - speed of death affects nothing other than how soon you quit breathing.

I am a christian, first off, but my views digress from the usual. Based on what I read in the bible - I can provide source material if anyone wants - there is no consciousness after death. We die, period. In the future, there will be a first resurrection of the dead in Christ, along with the translation of those still alive. Then after the '1000 years' (interpretation aside) there will be a second resurrection of the rest of the dead for their judgement 'according to what they had done' as stated in Revelation.

As far as 'ghosts', I personally do not believe these to be the spirits of the dead. I have no idea where quantum physics stands on the matter, but I would like to think that a great many haunting or ghost experiences could be explained by 'time slips', a thinness in whatever separates the present from the past (or future), and so on...things that took place in an area at one time can bleed into another time to be detected, or sometimes even interact directly. Otherwise I chock this and other weirdness up to interdimensional beings misrepresenting themselves for whatever reason.
edit on 4/29/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You know..I'll admit..I've seen some crazy things in my life...concerning ghost..really and seriously...I have several stories that I could tell you. But, I've always wondered one thing....why do ghost show up in clothing? I can fully get with the concept that given mulitple dimensions in the universe..there is possibly a spirit world of those who have died and at times that dimension merges with ours..or...rather...the dimensions are always merged with ours..but at times we are able to actually see it..much like a fish being brought up out of the ocean...I can get on board with that..but how in the heck do they end up in their clothes?

I had said this outloud in a conversation one day, my girlfriends and I got into a discussion about it..and my daughter happened to be listening in..she's 10 and her answer was ..."well....if there are ghosts, then obviously, God would know that, and would know that they would be seen sometimes....would you want to see a naked ghost? or a clothed ghost?" LOL.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Remember, time is an illusion, and relative as well.

Some Buddhists believe the "moment of understanding/realization" happens as you die and lasts both an instant and eternity.

Even without two seconds to contemplate your life and death or even realize that you are a goner, who's to say that you need any?

Also, I don't like the idea of "deathbed forgiveness," even being raised *very* Catholic.
I know it's not for me to judge but I wouldn't let a career rapist get a pass just because he is scared for his soul, or feels bad..Let him rot/burn.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
So I wondered, what happens if you die immediately? What happens if something happened so fast that you didn't have a few minutes to realize that you might be badly hurt, or close to dying? Is there time for maybe those that want to get a chance to change their minds about their religious beliefs (no matter if its to choose it or leave it). Can someone not even know that they are dead? Like the movie the sixth sense?

Hi,

In many cases the dead will realise quickly that they are no longer physical.. others will take some time to discover this important point. Those who take longer can do many things.. some stay around where their Life was had, some stay at the site of their death.. and others move along to the Light.. some of those will get stuck in the Belief-System Territories as it is called now and live according to their Beliefs in Life.

All of the above will eventually move into the Light and wake up from the dream that was their experience Here.

Religious Beliefs do not matter when the dead wake up.. because all the human Facade.. all the Beliefs drop away to reveal a bigger picture reality and as they stand in that LIght they begin to Remember being there before Life.. it is simply Beautiful to see this occur as they shine from the inside when Awakening from the Dream.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It is quite a biggy is it not, the fact that every single person who ever posted on this site will die within the next century at the most.

When you actually, really see and feel your own mortality you might just see what the point of life is and if not, it is back to this silly game of debt accumulation and collectors.

Your post reeks of awareness yet you might not be grasping the desperation of being alive just yet.

The beauty of it is, what are you going to do with your life before your death?

If I could put this in a more simple form to express what I mean, I would say, "Life is like breathing in a plastic bag that someone is choking your neck with".

You have very little time and very much too do. Run for your life!

Just my opinion and I am trying my hardest too.

If your wondering why I post as I do, I got a sense from your OP that you were asking a far deeper question is all.

Listen to a lot the nineties music and it will answer your question...

Theres a lot more where that came from not just music but mainly other people experiencing death whilst hanging onto their lives to tell their version of mortality.

edit on 29-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

With "ghosts" proper I would think they are imprints in the energy field left after some strong emotion in history.
They are more like watching a video of some past imprint.
So obviously clothes would coincide with the period they are from.

Spirits are more complex.
They can sometimes appear in clothing or robes (for example).
They can appear as we saw them last, as they died, and often very much younger.
I think spirits project into our minds how we see them - or sometimes just feel them.
There may be a message in the clothes, and whatever they or we feel comfortable with.

Most of the Americas, Africa and Oceania were nude just two century ago (Pocahontas did naked cartwheels in front of the Puritans) and they saw ghosts and believed in the spirit world, so I guess not all ghosts wore clothes, but in a nude culture that was probably not worth mentioning.

Ultimately I think they want a recognizable mark of their identity, and a nude phantom has no markers in our society.

Even ghosts of the living and those just dead (especially in war) will appear in uniform.
So spirits have a system of signs related to our culture - spirit semiotics?

However, I think the spirit is energy, and how we perceive it depends on our mind coupled with their consciousness.
So a feeling the spirit is sending us when we glimpse it is interpreted as meaningful clothes by our mind.

edit on 29-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
We will Judge ourselves , God is Real, but he knows after death we cannot lie to ourselves successfully.
Know you, and then go from there.
I remember fragments of the time before my Birth , many others forget some don't.
Remeber truth is inside.
Thats where death waits,thats where your spirit sits, thats where billions of spirits sit.
Thats where God sits.
It is there regardless of life or death?
Know thyself.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
For having faced death a couple of times, very seriously, I can tell you that until it comes from the back, you will have all the time in the world to know what is happening. Your brain will speed up so fast, that like the DC character Flash, you will see everything in slow motion, particularly in the last seconds.

I made a thread about one of those account recently. Here's the link. I hope it answers your questions! ( Warning: thread was done with a touch of humor, but is true. )

My thread

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I want to thank you for your response. I was also wondering what made me think that deeply about this particular question. I felt as I needed some sort of discussions as I couldn't understand how something like this question came over me the way it did.

It is a question that without a "plan" per-say seems senseless.

I want also thank all that answered this thread, I thought that it might make people a bit uneasy. I personally dont think that I have a "fear" of death, but I guess I was wondering if I was "really" here or not.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

My first teacher said two important things to me...

1/ You can't expect to take the next breath. (Meaning to live each moment as it occurs)

2/ Come to practice as if naked. (Meaning to hold no Beliefs, no concepts or Limitations or they will Limit You)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

You were blessed to have such a wise Teacher!

Good ones are so underestimated now.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think dying quickly would be similar to being pushed unexpectedly into a pool or lake. Before you know what's happened, you are flying through the air then SPLASH into the water. You forget everything in that instant, whether you were about to say something or going to the refrigerator. Then it's like, "Oh well, guess I'm in the water now." So I think that no matter how crazed and into whatever life situation we had going on, when we die, it's a really big reset button pushed. We get used to the new feelings and shrug our shoulders at all those things we thought were important, and move on.

And maybe you get mad at the person who pushed you in, but that's just dragging things out, a continuation, you've still forgotten whatever it is you had your mind on and what you were doing.

It's just that once you hit the water, there's really no way for you to get back into whatever you were doing. You have to recover, swim back and climb out of the water. Death will be similar I think, it simply won't make any sense to return to that egoic mindset, it simply won't be worth it, because there's nothing you can do about "it"

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This story make me remember about my grandpa s story long ago. It happened in his town, his neighbour an old lady was died cos of illness. Then they buried her that day. After few days a neighbour passing by her house that her son still lived in there around 7pm and saw her move fast and disappeared.

Few days later another neighbour saw her walking around her house a bit longer and sooner then disappeared again. Soon later she appeared more and earlier too until near a month after she died, some people saw her before dark and she talk to them saying hello and ask how they are, and they were just run like hell.

The next week she appeared every day from 4pm till around 7pm and go to her house to talk to her only son things like are u already eaten, and ofcuz he run like hell too. This spread among the villagers and her son asking some help from elderly including my grandpa and the next day they wait for her near her house.

Around 5pm she appeared again and say hi to them, and asking what is going on with this elderly go to her house. My grandpa and other elderly checked if she is just other spiritual being that powerfull enough to imitate her that vivid, and really sure it was really her. They start talking and seems she didnt know that she was dead.
Then this elderly tell her that she already dead and advice her to move on, but she dont want too. After give some pressure to her, she kind remember that she is already dead but dont wanna leave this world cos she care too much and worry about her only son. And not long the elderly can persuade her and she just disappeared. Nothing is happen after since.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join