It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: We’re Working on Gun Control ‘Under the Radar’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
No real details provided on just what he plans to do, but i wouldnt put it past him to try to circumvent the Constitution.

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Barack Obama reportedly told Sarah Brady regarding gun control. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

This interesting bit of news was reported in an April 11 Washington Post Lifestyle section story about Obama’s gun-control and regulatory policy wonk Steve Croley. Toward the end of the article the writer, Jason Horowitz, mentions a March 30 meeting between Jim and Sarah Brady and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney during which the President “dropped in.”

Horowitz quotes Sarah Brady relating how President Obama gave his personal assurance that he and his administration were working hard on a gun-control agenda. Brady reported that Obama then told them about advancing the agenda “under the radar.”

Apparently Mrs. Brady either doesn’t grasp the concept of “under the radar,” or, more likely, she expected the reporter to be discreet and keep the “good news” about Obama’s stealth operations to himself. Thankfully this reporter chose to report the news, so we have direct corroboration of Obama’s sneak-attack against the Second Amendment.

Sneaky fella

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
At this point Obama would be a fool to push gun control legislation when his last pet project (universal healthcare) still has to survive a review by the Supreme Court. He doesn't have the power in Congress that he started the term with either so it would be a tough sell to them. Of course on the flip side as this news makes the rounds I'm sure there will be a nice uptick in sales of magazines, ammo and firearms so maybe its a clever play to massage the stagnant economy a little.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

"Under the radar"....
Seems as though everything this President does is "Under the radar"

What happened to transparency?

Frankly, let him push this through, because when it is proven that he is really a terrorist from Kenya, and tried for treason and other high crimes, all the damage he has done to this Nation and the American Constitution in the past 2+ years will become Null and Void.

S&F

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Was there ever any doubt? But, typically, as long as the headlines are dominated by trivial things, half of the American people believe everything else is OK.

More Transparency No... No... No... Under the radar... Yeah, that's better...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
EPA pushing new "restrictions" on lead in ammo and fishing lures.
www.gunandgame.com...

Sounds akin to "under the radar" to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oh im sure whatever his secret plans are, we will be much safer! Because all the gangbangers I know are upstanding citizens, who obtain thier guns through honest and legal ways, and if asked nicely, will give up thier personal gun collections willingly.

To bad I wont...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone
"Under the radar"....Seems as though everything this President does is "Under the radar" What happened to transparency?

Listen extremist, you need to go get a dictionary and look up transparency. You knew he would do this before the election didn't you? So what if he enacts what you knew he would do before the election in private and manipulates the system or even lies to the public? Whats your point? That IS transparency!

Contextual definition: When government meetings are open to the press and the public, when budgets and financial statements may be reviewed by anyone, when laws, rules and decisions are open to discussion.

Learn to read, extremist. Up is down, good is bad, transparency is private.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
"Under the radar"....

Allowing or supplying illegal guns to get into Mexico is a big part of this under the radar.

Then it will be we MUST have very strict gun control to protect Mexico.

The fake stories about the high persentages of illegal guns from the US getting into mexico.
Also the stories about machine guns and RPGs coming from gun stores in the border states.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.foxnews.com...

then there are programs like Operation Gunwalker Operation Gunrunner and Operation Fast And Furious where the US government is allowing illegal guns into mexico.
Operation Gunwalker
www.humanevents.com...

Operation Gunrunner
www.thetreeofliberty.com...

Operation Fast And Furious
forums.macrumors.com...

www.democraticunderground.com...

Ether the government is stupid, Or they are setting up the case for a gun ban using the guns they are allowing into Mexico.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
IF Obama tries to sneak any anti-gun legislation through he may need to own up to the fiasco in Mexico. When you have the DHS giving the go ahead for ATF's Gunrunner plan to allow mass gun sales to suspected cartel buyers you lose your moral high ground. And with all the avoidance of answering the Congressional requests for documentation the administration looks compromised.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
under the radar

like getting mexico to sue us gun makers.

the supply side of ammunition and its scarcity

gotta remember a gun without bullets is useless.

there are other ways to acheive gun control that the outright banning of the second ammendment,

vote that idiot out on 2012 for crying out loud his reach is exceeding his grasp.

edit on 29-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Good point about using the guns-Mexico connection.
I was thinking about how he would pull this off; maybe the Gabby Giffords incident, but unfortunately those type of tragedies happen too often nowadays to be a trigger (no pun intended). The mexican connection never occurred to me.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm.... a 'quote' that someone says he said.

Can we get something a little more reliable than unsubstantiated rumor?

ETA: here's the actual article, which implies he was referring specifically to 'large magazine clips', and dealers who subvert existing law.

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said. “I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.” In the meeting, she said, Obama discussed how records get into the system and what can be done about firearms retailers. Her husband specifically brought up the proposed ban on large magazine clips, and she noted that even former vice president Dick Cheney had suggested that some restrictions on the clips might make sense.

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 22-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone

What happened to transparency?

He changed it to opaque, there you go change you can believe in, give close scrutiny to all new bills and utterances from the administration, we're on a warning now that they are trying to be sneaky with this issue, as usual.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yep, liar in chief.
Is anyone really surprised in this?
Now, how do we stop this?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

ETA: here's the actual article, which implies he was referring specifically to 'large magazine clips', and dealers who subvert existing law.

I really don't see how 'large magazine clips' makes a difference. It's gun control any way you look at it. I further believe that 'large magazine clips' is just Obama's proverbial
Camel's nose in the tent.
edit on 22-5-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yep, liar in chief.
Is anyone really surprised in this?
Now, how do we stop this?

No surprise here.

Our next chance is November 2012. Vote him out of office.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

perhaps. But since your OP says "No real details provided on just what he plans to do " and neither the article you linked to, nor the article IT linked to offered a link to the ACTUAL ARTICLE or the context of the statement, i thought I would provide it.

Why do you suppose the article you posted offered no link back to the original story?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

I really don't see how 'large magazine clips' makes a difference. It's gun control any way you look at it. I further believe that 'large magazine clips' is just Obama's proverbial
Camel's nose in the tent.
edit on 22-5-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

He has to start some where. Can't just jump in and not expect push back.
The whole argument of "Its just marge capacity magazines"? Really?
Just a slow erosion of rights.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

perhaps. But since your OP says "No real details provided on just what he plans to do " and neither the article you linked to, nor the article IT linked to offered a link to the ACTUAL ARTICLE or the context of the statement, i thought I would provide it.

Thanks for providing the link.
You provided another piece to the picture.

But his comments can be interpreted many different ways, and unless we can question him on it, we can only surmise.

And even if we had the chance to question him, experience has taught us that we cannot believe what he says, since he is an unrepentant LIAR.

Why do you suppose the article you posted offered no link back to the original story?

I have no idea. I'd only be guessing if I gave an answer.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Who voted this idiot into office??
Oh that's right...liberals and moderates GOOD JOB FELLAS!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join