It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many objects fly in front of LASCO 3...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt
reply to post by spikey

I didn't say that 'one or two streaks' were 'photons being bent by gravity'. I proposed that all the streaks were cosmic rays, some of which are indeed photons, striking the CCD.

Dunno about your meteor theory spikey. For those to be meteors w/ tails & all, the satellite would have had to have taken that shot from within our atmosphere for the tails to be visible.

I'm still thinking we're seeing cosmic rays or solar wind/charged particles.

A stream of solar wind flowing from this coronal hole is expected to reach Earth on April 30th-May 1st.

Spaceweather

Check out this animation.

Arriving earlier than forecasted, from this event maybe?
edit on 29-4-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

Cool.

I was saying one or two streaks, as that's how many i can see on the shot that don't look parallel to the rest.

Are these images taken on a long exposure?

This would show up as streaks, if the objects are small rocks and dust fluorescing.

Cosmic rays and charges particles do strike the CCD and cause flashes and 'hot pixel' phenomena...i dunno about lot's a long, parallel streaks though...

Looks like whatever these are, they're are there, and not an optical aberration...my opinion only.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Are these images taken on a long exposure?

Yes, the photos are taken with a relatively long exposure. I can't say whether or not this would account for the 'tails' if this is indeed space debris. In retrospect though, quite possibly it would.

Hrm.

Still thinking charged particles though.

Looks like whatever these are, they're are there, and not an optical aberration...my opinion only.

I concur. Looking for someone to come in & set us straight.

Never thought I'd be the one saying this, but where's Phage when ya need him?

edit on 29-4-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'll add that at the top of the LASCO page it states; The object should appear in at least 4 frames to be considered real.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Just and FYI, NASA says that occasionally micrometeorites will strike the satellite creating a very small amount of debris... Ive seen it so many times and it sounds feasable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join