It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar Index Drops to Lowest Since 2008, hits the 72's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

The Dollar Index fell to lowest since 2008 and Asian stocks rose after the Federal Reserve renewed its pledge to keep interest rates near zero to stimulate the U.S. economy. Silver, copper and oil jumped.

I was watching the dollar for awhile today, and just now noticed it dropped into the 72's.

www.bloomberg.com...:IND

That site is updated pretty fast. At the moment, its 72.911% down .563%

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How long until people are rioting in the streets?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

The dollar has been lower than it is now, back in 2008. The dollar still can bounce up and down.

If it falls below 71% , that would be lower than it was in 2008. I wouldnt think anything too crazy would happen until it starts to go freefall, going into the lower 60's or below

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
KD :

We are about two points this evening from loss of confidence in the dollar. We lost the last two points in the last two days. This means we are two days - at this rate - from loss of final support below which the dollar has never traded. How far will it fall below there and how fast will gas go up in price? I have no idea but from the time Bernanke's Fed announced their decision this morning until now gasoline has gone up by 5.6 cents/gallon, gold is up about $20 and silver is up about $3.50.

Two days away, at the rate it's going, till uncharted territory and a total loss of confidence in the US dollar.

That would mean FRIDAY... the same day of the royal wedding... the elite loves that kind of synchronicity/symbolism....not to mention it's a big distraction... It wouldn't surprise me if the dollar were to die on Friday...

Then during the week-end, martial law in congress to do big ``reforms``, of course were already written years ago by the bankers, to ``solve all problems`` and give the US sovereignty to the IMF with a world currency.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Quite a 24 hour move. The move in silver was truly telling also. It began this morning down over 1.50 from yesterdays close. It rallied, but was still down. After Bernanke spoke it took off upward nearly 2 dollars. Since the markets have opened in the East it is up another 60 cents. That is nearly a 4 dollar upward swing in less than 24 hours. It touched below 45.00 at about 11 am. Now it is pushing 48.60.

This article along with this one discuss the attempts to short silver. They are failing. The physical and paper commodities are decoupling. It is showing how weak the dollar really is, and the attempts by the big boys to manipulate commodities to prevent it becoming obvious to the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I dont pay attention to the wedding stuff, but I did notice about gold,silver, and oil rising since Bernanke started talking today.

Looking at one of the sites in the OP, www.bloomberg.com...:IND

4/20/11 - Dollar was 74.368
4/27/11 (at current time) - Dollar is 72.937

Gained a little bit since my OP, but not too much

Edit - By gained, I was talking about the 4/27/11 mark
edit on 27-4-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is what's gonna happen but it won't be the ``Arabs`` starting it... Bernanke already set things in motion... he wasn't very nervous for nothing at the press conference, he knows what he's doing :

You can bet on it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This is what's gonna happen but it won't be the ``Arabs`` starting it... Bernanke already set things in motion... he wasn't very nervous for nothing at the press conference, he knows what he's doing :

You can bet on it.

Jumpin' Jeebus Vitchilo,

I thought I was the only one familiar with that movie.

Indeed, the sounds of chickens coming home to roost grow stronger and ever stronger. Was it planned? Was it actually engineered?

I can see no reason to believe it was anything BUT engineered.

Folks, it's going to get damn ugly.

It's not if...it's when.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I truly believe we're seeing this happening before our eyes.

what a great game we're playing, huh?

new topics

top topics

join