It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions needed about demonic forces regarding my son who is only 7.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Seriously people?

Ok a little hypothetical on my part here: So demons are real and one is terrorizing your loved one(s).

Why on earth would you ask the internet for advice? How can you be sure that those on the other end of the line aren't afflicted by demons themselves? How could you be sure any advice given wouldn't be in a demon's best interest?

Shouldn't the questioning go to a person with verifiable demonic knowledge? Such as the head of your church? The OP claims to be catholic but would take the advice of the anonymous over that of her church community which would seem to say something about her faith.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec
Shouldn't the questioning go to a person with verifiable demonic knowledge? Such as the head of your church?

I think the head of her church is rubbing his hands somewhere

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I have not told this person she or her son have any mental problems.

Obviously you didn't. I was pointing out that all the spiritual/religious/new age whatever people on this site always seem to pop up on topics where someone is asking for advice (which in itself is ridiculous by the way considering the nature of this site) and give them a whole load of tripe that confuses them more than anything else.

And anyway this woman needs help herself if she thinks her son is possessed by demons and ATS is the best place to seek help

I see all problems as manifestations of our out-of-alignment condition. I have neither named the condition nor given her any medical advice but have provided a link to a wholistic facility. It is anything but random. I have provided some interesting spiritual tools for spiritual growth.

Out of alignment with what exactly? And spiritual growth for a seven year old? What he needs to be doing is rolling about in the mud and riding his bike and playing football (real football, with FEET
)

I have abstained from making any specific diagnosis.

A) Because you don't know what's really wrong with him just like everyone else on this thread and
b) Because that's a doctors job.

And thanks for providing the exact confirmation that atheists condemn the spiritual life

You're most welcome. You find sprituality in spirits, I find spirituality in another kind of spirit

Ok so now you KNOW what he needs, and it's rolling in the dirt!!! Well of course children need playtime where they can just enjoy their personal creativity. What do you think? That I never played Swing a Statue or Red Light Green Light? So you now think we should not talk about spirituality when it's exactly what this person came here for, but you know that a doctor can just take care of it. Seems she came here as a last resort for ideas.
People like you believe that a pill can just take care of every manifestion in the physical or mental body. That's exactly the mindset of Big Pharma I'm talking about. And yah, when I have a headache I take Tylenol. But that is not the answer to every problem. Even with psychiatric problems the pills just mask the symptoms but may provide some relief as well as some side effects, what is referred to as Allopathic healing. Naturopathic healing adds an inner wholistic dimension to healing.
It would be great if all the kid has to do is go play in the dirt. There's something to be said for the carefree playdays of youth, and children today are forced into violin or piano lessons, soccer, the pre-school dujour, and now Ive read that some pre K schoolteacher has decided to make all the kiddies wear uniforms. How's that for homogenizing everyone?
I've had people tell me that if I wrote a book they'd read it, so sorry if you don't like my particular form of writing.
Namaste!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Shouldn't the questioning go to a person with verifiable demonic knowledge? Such as the head of your church?

See that's your atheistic cynicism again. A priest is not supposed to have profit in their minds when dealing with members of their church. If so, then let's talk about false pastors shall we?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ampar84

Since I had a similar experience to your son, I think I can offer you some advice. First, you must recognize that although your son is only 7 years old, he has his own separate spiritual identity that is separate from your own. Ultimately, even if you make your very best attempt to remove all sin and negativity from YOUR life, it does not guarantee it will help your son one bit.

However, the good news is that he is young and you have been put on this Earth as his mother to help guide him towards God. This is the only answer to this problem. Although he is only 7, you have to begin helping him to build his relationship with God. You have to help him understand that HE needs to begin asking God for help and guidance and begin to learn the right way to live. You have to tell him to think positive and loving thoughts and practice godly behavior and also ask God to remove the demons from his life.

I know you are Catholic, so I want to warn you against seeking an Excorcism. Demons feed off negative thoughts and emotions so if you try to kick them out, then they will come back stronger than before if you are not truly a different person.

The answer for your sons:
1) Request God's protection and ask him not to let any negative or evil entities have influence,control, or power over your mind / body / spirit / soul / emotions

2) Live by God's laws (physically, mentally, and emotionally) and understand what God represents

3) Pray to God sincerely don't just repeat words, make it a spiritual dialogue.

edit on 29-4-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Seriously people?

Ok a little hypothetical on my part here: So demons are real and one is terrorizing your loved one(s).

Why on earth would you ask the internet for advice? How can you be sure that those on the other end of the line aren't afflicted by demons themselves? How could you be sure any advice given wouldn't be in a demon's best interest?

Shouldn't the questioning go to a person with verifiable demonic knowledge? Such as the head of your church? The OP claims to be catholic but would take the advice of the anonymous over that of her church community which would seem to say something about her faith.

Well I have some unpleasant news for you. While I attended Catholic Church when my son was being confirmed, and I think basically it's the better form of orthodox Christianity, I have been told, by someone who has spent a great deal of time in the Seminary, that Marxism has been invading the Church. She herself is Catholic. Indeed, religious humanism has begun to be introduced into the clergy. So, how do we ever really know who is pure as the driven snow and who is stained by the crimson of the Dweller.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Rubbing in the relocate the priest and pay off the family kind of way? Or rubbing in the evil plan/scheming kind of way?

Honestly though I've gotta wonder about someone who turns to the internet about this kind of thing. Do they just want their own suspicions confirmed or what?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Obviously you didn't. I was pointing out that all the spiritual/religious/new age whatever people on this site always seem to pop up on topics where someone is asking for advice (which in itself is ridiculous by the way considering the nature of this site) and give them a whole load of tripe that confuses them more than anything else.

And anyway this woman needs help herself if she thinks her son is possessed by demons and ATS is the best place to seek help

I see all problems as manifestations of our out-of-alignment condition. I have neither named the condition nor given her any medical advice but have provided a link to a wholistic facility. It is anything but random. I have provided some interesting spiritual tools for spiritual growth.

Out of alignment with what exactly? And spiritual growth for a seven year old? What he needs to be doing is rolling about in the mud and riding his bike and playing football (real football, with FEET
)

A) Because you don't know what's really wrong with him just like everyone else on this thread and

And thanks for providing the exact confirmation that atheists condemn the spiritual life

You're most welcome. You find sprituality in spirits, I find spirituality in another kind of spirit

Ok so now you KNOW what he needs, and it's rolling in the dirt!!! Well of course children need playtime where they can just enjoy their personal creativity. What do you think? That I never played Swing a Statue or Red Light Green Light? So you now think we should not talk about spirituality when it's exactly what this person came here for, but you know that a doctor can just take care of it. Seems she came here as a last resort for ideas.
People like you believe that a pill can just take care of every manifestion in the physical or mental body. That's exactly the mindset of Big Pharma I'm talking about. And yah, when I have a headache I take Tylenol. But that is not the answer to every problem. Even with psychiatric problems the pills just mask the symptoms but may provide some relief as well as some side effects, what is referred to as Allopathic healing. Naturopathic healing adds an inner wholistic dimension to healing.
It would be great if all the kid has to do is go play in the dirt. There's something to be said for the carefree playdays of youth, and children today are forced into violin or piano lessons, soccer, the pre-school dujour, and now Ive read that some pre K schoolteacher has decided to make all the kiddies wear uniforms. How's that for homogenizing everyone?
I've had people tell me that if I wrote a book they'd read it, so sorry if you don't like my particular form of writing.
Namaste!

Just dont scare people with terms like "big pharma" etc since its like labelling alot of medicine as wrong or doctors as untrustworthy....only enforcing a more religious is better then medicine mentality.

Both have their flaws....both have frauds and charlatans that want your money. But there are alot of smart doctors out there that devote alot of work into studies and their practice, only to have it sullied with slander from religious fundamentalists or new age spiritualism or their own colleagues not practising their hippocratic oath to their fullest extent.

A big problem with doctors is a text book mentality and how their career is really just a job and a salary to them and at the end of the day, if no personal patients have actually died, well its been a decent day.
Its the doctors who are informed, up to date, attend conferences and lectures, who still write papers and contribute to the knowledge of their peers, the ones that actually look further then the text book, those are the ones that are rarely seen.

I can only hope she abandons this thread permanently and realizes that a general consensus has been made here but not entirely collective in thought: She should not abandon her faith...it sounds as though its a pillar in her life, and her family tradition and shouldnt be ignored. Im sure prayer isnt going to harm a child, but wishing for a cure isnt the way either, use it to cope and to guide the doctors to the answers. Which is the second part and that is dont give up on medicine. Dont accept one diagnoses if you think it doesnt fit, get multiple opinions, state logical reasons why you think this "they say adhd but certain symptoms dont seem to match this". Use the internet as a tool when you deal with doctors, do research into what they suggest, print the information, bring it to the doctor overseeing your childs care and go over the info and use his time to your advantage.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Well I have some unpleasant news for you. While I attended Catholic Church when my son was being confirmed, and I think basically it's the better form of orthodox Christianity, I have been told, by someone who has spent a great deal of time in the Seminary, that Marxism has been invading the Church. She herself is Catholic. Indeed, religious humanism has begun to be introduced into the clergy. So, how do we ever really know who is pure as the driven snow and who is stained by the crimson of the Dweller.

Psssssssssssssssssshhhhttttt. Centuries of manipulation, corruption and sexual abuse and you're worried about a little leftism? Get the net. All I was saying is that if she is catholic it is very telling that she would seek advice from the internet rather then someone within the church. I think you are a demon and in replying to this thread seek to sow discord. Since you yourself have belief in such creatures you must admit it is a possibility.

Crimson of the dweller? Avoid such dramatic poetics lest ye wouldst paint thineself as ye olde peasant.
edit on 29-4-2011 by FEDec because: Fixed quote

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420

)

Namaste!

Just dont scare people with terms like "big pharma" etc since its like labelling alot of medicine as wrong or doctors as untrustworthy....only enforcing a more religious is better then medicine mentality.

Both have their flaws....both have frauds and charlatans that want your money. But there are alot of smart doctors out there that devote alot of work into studies and their practice, only to have it sullied with slander from religious fundamentalists or new age spiritualism or their own colleagues not practising their hippocratic oath to their fullest extent.

A big problem with doctors is a text book mentality and how their career is really just a job and a salary to them and at the end of the day, if no personal patients have actually died, well its been a decent day.
Its the doctors who are informed, up to date, attend conferences and lectures, who still write papers and contribute to the knowledge of their peers, the ones that actually look further then the text book, those are the ones that are rarely seen.

I can only hope she abandons this thread permanently and realizes that a general consensus has been made here but not entirely collective in thought: She should not abandon her faith...it sounds as though its a pillar in her life, and her family tradition and shouldnt be ignored. Im sure prayer isnt going to harm a child, but wishing for a cure isnt the way either, use it to cope and to guide the doctors to the answers. Which is the second part and that is dont give up on medicine. Dont accept one diagnoses if you think it doesnt fit, get multiple opinions, state logical reasons why you think this "they say adhd but certain symptoms dont seem to match this". Use the internet as a tool when you deal with doctors, do research into what they suggest, print the information, bring it to the doctor overseeing your childs care and go over the info and use his time to your advantage.

I've been to the Catholic Church and I love the feeling of holiness there. I totally espouse that. Nowhere have I told anyone to abandon medications if they are necessary. But ritalin has been over prescribed. Ask a public school administrator or nurse. I've been told of the lines of children lining up to get their meds at the nurse's station in school. So please do not insult my intelligence on this matter. I have had personal dealings with this ritalin issue. I do not dole out stupid advice. ADHD is a serious matter for every family it strikes.
I know I am not alone on this subject.
www.isil.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

You forgot to hit the quote button. And DON'T let the door hit you on the way out!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

See that's your atheistic cynicism again. A priest is not supposed to have profit in their minds when dealing with members of their church. If so, then let's talk about false pastors shall we?

I wasn't talking about profit if you get my drift

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I've had people tell me that if I wrote a book they'd read it

You and half the world

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

You forgot to hit the quote button. And DON'T let the door hit you on the way out!

Speaking of the quote button.....did you know you don't have to post the entire quote of a quote of a quote, etc.
You can trim it up so it doesn't take up half the page.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Rubbing in the relocate the priest and pay off the family kind of way? Or rubbing in the evil plan/scheming kind of way?

Take your pick

Honestly though I've gotta wonder about someone who turns to the internet about this kind of thing. Do they just want their own suspicions confirmed or what?

Yeah it's just bizarre. I remember there was another thread where this woman's husband was behaving extremely nutty to the point where he got arrested. If I recall correctly apparently he was behaving like that because god was speaking to him and told him there would be a calamity at the Superbowl

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420

)

Namaste!

I've been to the Catholic Church and I love the feeling of holiness there. I totally espouse that. Nowhere have I told anyone to abandon medications if they are necessary. But ritalin has been over prescribed. Ask a public school administrator or nurse. I've been told of the lines of children lining up to get their meds at the nurse's station in school. So please do not insult my intelligence on this matter. I have had personal dealings with this ritalin issue. I do not dole out stupid advice. ADHD is a serious matter for every family it strikes.
I know I am not alone on this subject.
www.isil.org...

Im sorry if you thought your intelligence was insulted that was not my intent. I was pointing out how wording can be very important and be a negative tool. I also did not imply to take drugs like ritalin ( i realize she brought up the fact they advised that) Also please do not imply that I dont know about ADHD and the misdiagnoses and what ritalin does as my brother was in this situation. Turned out he had a much more severe psychological disorder. Yes they did prescribe meds (not related to ritalin or adhd medication) to help him which proved to be successful. Once he was 18 and able to make his own decisions he stopped taking the medication and his symptoms came back and mentally it has destroyed him. Hes been violent and stolen from my mother and we have had him arrested and sent to jail (hes just been recently released).

If anything ive learned not to take a doctors opinion as gods word. My mother obviously searched beyond ADHD and found much more serious problems were there. Her praying everynight that he would change and would go back to how he was when he was healthy did not cure him. Hell the doctors didnt even technically cure him since he still dealt with his disorder, but they managed to treat it and keep it under control so he wasnt a danger to himself or me and my mother.

What I saw in the thread was her replies constantly going back to religion and spiritualism and not fully entertaining the idea that maybe a medical diagnoses still needed to be made. And like i said, having experience with doctors practically all my life, i know how she may be feeling with that situation seeing a loved one go through tests and they cant explain whats wrong.

And like i said earlier in this post, wording is important, and thats why ive been trying to state to keep her faith, and keep praying to guide her in this life trial, while also enforcing my belief that a medical diagnoses still needs to be found and for her to educate herself on whatever possible diagnoses a specialist or doctor might say. That way she can know what sort of tests may be done, the effectiveness of finding the diagnoses with said treatment, if the diagnoses even fits the symptoms well. Im honestly trying to enforce both sides since i believe that logically they can work together.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

I'm not going anywhere demon til I cleanse thine brackish soul!!! Admit that you use religion as an excuse to worship yourself and ask to be saved demon!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Psssssssssssssssssshhhhttttt. Centuries of manipulation, corruption and sexual abuse and you're worried about a little leftism? Get the net. All I was saying is that if she is catholic it is very telling that she would seek advice from the internet rather then someone within the church. I think you are a demon and in replying to this thread seek to sow discord. Since you yourself have belief in such creatures you must admit it is a possibility.

Crimson of the dweller? Avoid such dramatic poetics lest ye wouldst paint thineself as ye olde peasant.
edit on 29-4-2011 by FEDec because: Fixed quote

Yes Crimson as in "King James Bible
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

>

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Im sorry if I sound rude but trying to find medical information for your 7 year old child on a conspiracy website kind of scares me that your a parent...I dont attack peoples beliefs but If it was my child the absolute last thing I would do is consider him to be "possessed" by demons.. Someday you will have to realize that the evil in this world is created by HUMANS not a supernatural force of evil that forces us to do bad things, we are inherently cruel by nature.. Chances are your son may be holding something back from you that he feels shy to say.. It might sound funny to you but I went through years of counseling and medical tests all because I was too shy to explain to my parents what the real cause of the problems were..

Again Im sorry if any of that came off as rude Im not the best with wording but my only intentions are to help you seek a logical medical route for your son, as the youngest years are the most delicate and its best not to scar his memory with anything that may or may not be dramatic. Good Luck.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I really hope this thread dies soon. I don't think anyone is going to prove that they are right with their religious beliefs.
First and last time I am posting something of personal nature here. I was asking for opinions on paranormal things and since I am religious, I personally believe that demons exist. Which is why I used the word demon. I do not for one second think my child is possessed. I do not plan on visiting an exorcist. I probably won't even try to contact any priests or pastors. I have asked for prayers and guidance from members of my church. I see nothing wrong with this. Whatever you believe in, it's all positive energy. And positive energy in what ever form you believe it to be, never hurt anything. It may not always help, but it doesn't hurt.

Also for those who didn't bother to read the post, We've had every test IMAGINABLE ran on him. EVERYTHING. Specialist after specialist. We met with a team of five doctors in January and went through 3, 8 hour days of extensive testing. There is not one thing abnormal. Except he is extremely sensitive to lights, smells, sounds, and touch. So do NOT for a minute say that I am not doing anything but "seeking advice on a conspiracy forum" I simply wanted some out of the box opinions. And maybe some related experiences. I am not ignoring doctors advice, I'm not sitting here at my computer hoping for a diagnosis or a cure, I am not using my faith in place of proper medical care. Right now my faith is about the only thing holding me together. I am a single mother to two great little boys. One who has had health struggle after health struggle since he was born and he still manages to be one of the happiest kids I know. So yes, when times get rough, I rely on my faith because some days, that's the only place I can find solace. I do not let it cloud my judgment though. I know Jesus isn't going to float down here and heal my child. We live in a world where actual miracles are far and few between.
I think a lot of people on here saw RELIGION and CHILD and started attacking without even reading or considering the situation.

I do really appreciate the posts filled with insight. Some were very kind. And it's also great to know that others have suffered from these types of headaches, even as a child. (Not great that you had to go through it, but you know what I mean) I have been worried SICK about him. Is it a tumor, is he going to end up having a stroke, is it going to continue getting worse each time, etc. He simply has extremely severe migraines. Hopefully when he is older, he will be able to take medication for the pain and maybe as a preventative. As a child, there isn't much I can give him besides childrens ibuprofen and he doesn't hold it down. This may be a life long struggle for him and it breaks my heart.

I am still uncertain about paranormal activities. We do live on old Native American land. His father struggled for years thinking he was under the reigns of Satan. His mother is into occult practices. My dads side of the family is from the south and into all the voodoo practices. I do hold a lot of anger and bitterness so I'm sure I'm a host for negative energy. So there could be a lot going on there. For the time being, I'm going to adjust MY attitude about things. I don't want to subject my son to praying and ridding whatever I think is going on. He is WAY too young for that and his imagination will carry him off. I think that will do much more harm to and for him than good. He can remain blissfully ignorant as far as "evil" goes for many more years! But from gathering all of everyones information and taking a step back, I think my fears are feeding into it. Whether it be simply paranoia or an actual entity, my fearing this is just adding fuel to the fire. I will continue to pray for protection. And I will continue to ask others (who offer) to pray for my sons HEALTH and guidance for the doctors.
Thank you everyone for your helpful advice.
edit on 29-4-2011 by ampar84 because: edit

edit on 29-4-2011 by ampar84 because: edit

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join