It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornell University Library Site Has Paper Linking Comet Elenin to Earthquake Activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am speechless. I need to get through the whole paper before I know what to think there. Will these papers be removed from the site? Is this some elaborate hoax? This is kinda scary. What do you think?

Link

Video Source
edit on 27-4-2011 by thinkingthing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

very interesting - ! from the paper:

"I used the comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin), as it has been adding to robustness in terms of very strong seismicity since 2007 (in terms of strongest seismicity: since 1965). The Elenin will continue intensifying the Earth's very strong seismicity until August-October, 2011. Approximate forecast of earthquakes based on my discoveries is feasible. This demonstration proves my hyperresonator concept, arrived at earlier as a mathematical-physical solution to the most general extension of the georesonator concept possible."

good find - thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Here's the video.

edit on 27/4/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinkingthing
Is this some elaborate hoax? This is kinda scary. What do you think?

arXiv is a site set up to recieve papers on any topic. You could write one.
There's lots of wacky ones on that site.
Doesnt mean they're real.
You could write one if you wish.
Hosted by Cornell Uni, but they dont go through each one to test its sensibilities or to personally put a stamp of approval on it.
If you've got a completely wacky nutjob idea, you could write a paper and submit it to that site too.
It'l have a thin veneer of authenticity about it, and other people will then write threads on ATS about your paper.

Edit - like everything, a thread already exists.
Link
edit on 27-4-2011 by alfa1 because: content added

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The other paper that comes up on the link is supposedly by Leonid Elenin, which would be suspect as he is supposed to be an amateur. I guess is could be another guy with the same name. I haven't tried to verify how accurate the that claim is. It's very intriguing though.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

arXiv is a site set up to receive papers on any topic. You could write one.

Much like the "fbi vault" garbage that has finally subsided. I just don't see how a small comet could have that type of impact on earth yet not have massive impact on everything else in the solar system, it simply doesn't add up to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Really? That's a good idea. I should write a paper and get it on there to show off to friends a relatives.

If it is truly hogwash, I'm relieved. Plenty of other things to worry about.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Link: Access denied

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Personal website. sites.google.com/site/omerbashich/

U of New Brunswick Thesis is real.

proquest.umi.com/pqdlink?did=1372000741&Fmt=7&clientI%20d=79356&RQT=309&VName=PQD

There's a lot there to quote all.

W o r k

• Eőtvős Geophysics Institute; Hungary, Marie Curie Fellow
• Berkeley National Lab; California, USA - lead geodesist
• DGT Inc.; Boston, Massachusetts, USA - Geodesist

E d u c a t i o n

• PhD theoretical geophysics (under Petr Vaníček) - UNB
• MSc space geodesy (by transfer to PhD) - UNB, Canada
• Advanced CADD - MIT, Cambridge Massachusetts, USA

A f f i l i a t i o n s

• Eőtvős Geophysics Institute; Budapest Hungary, EU
• Berkeley National Lab; Berkeley California, USA
• Physics Dept, Faculty of Science; U of Sarajevo, Bosnia

PROSCRIPTION

No member of "Freemasonry" or another deceptions organization that plagued sciences (Illuminati, Trilaterals, Bilderbergs, Committees on this and that, etc.) may use in any way, as in by citing or/and referencing or/and profiteering from, any of the publications, discoveries, expressions, laws/relationships, inventions or any other intellectual property that came into existence by intellectual activity of Dr. Mensur Omerbashich.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinkingthing
The other paper that comes up on the link is supposedly by Leonid Elenin, which would be suspect as he is supposed to be an amateur.

Not really suspect. Elenin, although an 'amateur' does work of a high enough standard that he has contributed data to scientific papers in the past.
See this link...
Link

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

It's still coming up for me. The video link I posted has the info as well. But the lady offers a lot of speculative talk. The paper looks legit and makes sense to me. But I'm far from being knowledgeable on earthquakes.
edit on 27-4-2011 by thinkingthing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yes, I was very disappointed with that FBI vault site.

Again, I'm no expert, but it seems there have been some anomalies out there. Unfortunately, I don't have time to research if there have been changes observed on any other planets in our solar system. Nor do I have time to verify if there has been a recent jump in the number of meteorites, debris, etc. I guess I'll have to wait until a reputable news source lays it all out for me.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

arXiv is a site set up to receive papers on any topic. You could write one.

Much like the "fbi vault" garbage that has finally subsided. I just don't see how a small comet could have that type of impact on earth yet not have massive impact on everything else in the solar system, it simply doesn't add up to me.

Perhaps it's not a small comet at all, perhaps it's something a little larger and a lot more ominous.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Perhaps it's not a small comet at all, perhaps it's something a little larger and a lot more ominous.

We've been through all this in other comet Elenin threads.
Back in the real world anyone on the planet with a bit of spare cash can buy a telescope and do some photometry work for themself. You dont have to really take anyones word for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This video should clear up some of the earthquake information for those new or interested in the subject, the theory behind this logic is pretty sound imo. By the way, that is actual NASA data that is used for trajectory.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

We've been through all this in other comet Elenin threads.
Back in the real world anyone on the planet with a bit of spare cash can buy a telescope and do some photometry work for themself. You dont have to really take anyones word for it.

Um, nobody with a backyard telescope can see Elenin weather it's a comet or a brown dwarf star........ Please.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The (proposed) cloud of particles that is coming in with this comet is what is of interest to me. It may explain why so many been having these strange symptoms that are being attributed to electromagnetic disturbances. I really wish I understood more about this stuff. And without credible discussion anywhere, I'm still in the dark.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

[Um, nobody with a backyard telescope can see Elenin

Example 1
Image taken a few weeks ago, of comet Elenin...
Note how at the bottom of the image it says "ST9XE+C11"
Thats the equipment he used. A ST9XE camera, and a Celestron C11 telescope.
Here is a picture of a Celestron C11 telescope in a backyard...
C11

Example 2
Image taken a few weeks ago, of comet Elenin...
Note how at the bottom of the image it says "LX-200 12'' ST-8XME-A08"
Thats the equipment he used. A Meade LX-200 12'' telescope with a ST-8XME-A08 Camera.
Here is a picture of a Meade LX-200 12'' telescope in a backyard...
LX-200

edit on 28-4-2011 by alfa1 because: fixed typo

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is all very interesting. I have been watching this Elenin thing with a very skeptical mind because I dont buy into the whole celestial body alignment theory. BUT it is very compelling and I think it deserves more study. I'm glad to see a scientist who is up to the challenge, I just hope that they dont have some kind of agenda of their own.

Magnitude is a measurement of an objects apparent brightness as seen from Earth. The last I heard Elenin was around magnitude 15. Thats pretty dim for backyard telescopes, though I'm sure that there are amateur astronomers all over the world that are skilled enough to see it. As soon as I hear that Elenin has broken magnitude 10, I plan on tracking it with my own backyard scope, and if I am able I will post my own pictures here on ATS.

I've heard that by September- October 2011, Elenin will reach magnitude 5.8. That means it will be just bearly visible with the naked eye.

edit on 29-4-2011 by ProjectBlue because: Add more info for clarity.

top topics

join