It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I've gone mad...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by Lewbo

I am adding to the fear? I'm gining a possible explanation of what it could be that's causing these things he 'sees'.
I'm not adding to the fear at all. It might be a good idea to see someone that can help him if this is a recurring thing.

Telling him it's a paranormal thing is not causing more fear?
You should also read some forums of people with schizofrenia and their real stories. Nothing paranormal about that.

I've tried to make my point, your's is just as valid (to you and maybe others), that's all.

Considering that other people have seen the things I have, witnessed them on different occasions, I am not schizophrantic. My grandparents and parents both saw the goblin-esque creatures, just as I did, along with these shadows which my pets have reacted to more than once.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterCrix
reply to post by snewpers

It's not like I see things that don't make any sense, nor do I see them only at night. The things I have seen do not appear to be symptoms of schizophrenia.

You think the things you wrote down in your first post make sense? Schizofrenia has nothing to to with day or night or even the things you see, which are usualy projections...

I would really like to suggest you read some of the post on schizo forums. They might help you.

I am terrified of what the shadow figures might do next, or if they even exist and I'm not just insane. Does anyone have any suggestions as to WHY they are doing this, and why they appear to me so often? I am terrified to even look out my windows at night, let alone go outside. I don't know what could be waiting for me out there. Please, if some of you know how I can resolve this, or at least give me some answers to why I am seeing them, I would appreciate it greatly.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am not going to go read some forum made by a bunch of people who don't have a legitimate disease, especially considering I am not schizophrantic, I never have been, I never will be, stop suggesting it because it isn't correct.
edit on 27-4-2011 by MasterCrix because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/27/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post] Quoting - Please review this link

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

OK sorry man, I've said what I think.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I am not going to go read some forum made by a bunch of people who don't have a legitimate disease, especially considering I am not schizophrantic, I never have been, I never will be, stop suggesting it because it isn't correct.

And with that comment I'll stop to reply to this thread. You have just insulted alot of people and you probably don't even know it.

Take care

ps. Schizofrenia can run in a famlly,
pps. Schizofrenics usualy don't know they are schizo...

edit on 27-4-2011 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

ppps, even if that was a legitamate disease, it isn't like we were linked and saw the exact same thing throughout the course of several years, and if we did, that is an entirely different ballgame.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Everyone has had some form of a strange experience in their life, it doesn't make them ill.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lewbo

My point exactly. Just because you see things that are unnatural doesn't mean you are automatically some crazy person who has something wrong with their head and needs to get help from some shrink. Psychics and other people with paranormal sight/hearing get written off as schizophrantic all the time. It is a BS disease, made up by ignorant people whom are to stupid to accept the fact that there are unexplainable things in this plain of dimension.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Just try and chill out about it, everything is so serious.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think the first step you should do IS to seek some pro help, rather than going to the extreme in waters you are either not comfortable with or have no experience in.

If test results come back and you are perfectly fine, that's when extreme measures come into practice.

Don't think I am calling you crazy, because I am not, and if I have offended you forgive me; Using logic should always be the first step; it can keep you from panic, or doing something stupid like trying to make contact with dark entities.

Sometimes the answers are simple.
edit on 27-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Could you explain these 'beings' In more detail? I have seen things throughout my life that can not be explained, and I am not crazy! (I don't think lol)
They sound very similar to shadow people? If you do a search on ats you will find other peoples experiences and also some pics of how these shadow might look.
I always see the cloaked shadow and after reading/seeing a pic of one (not actual pic) I knew straight away that it was the one I had seen all my life and it gave me great comfort, knowing if we are all seeing the same thing then we are all not mad surely!
Loving Thoughts

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
You also state that you have seen these beings in the corner of your eye.

This is known as Flmmern-Geist

The words “Flimmern” and “Geist” are Germanic in origin and translate as Flicker-Spirits or Flicker-Guides. This unexplained phenomenon was first described by the alchemist Jakob Bohme in the 16th Century as the ability to see shadowy figures out of the corner of your eye. Generally, these beings flicker in-and-out of a person’s peripheral vision and appear to be humanoid, dark and agile. The truth is that almost every person alive has at some time seen a fast moving shadow just at the edge of their vision and turned to look but seen nothing more. These observations are most often accompanied by shivers, chills and a sensation that something odd has happened. Scientists are quick to suggest that this phenomenon is just a “trick of the eyes” but fail to explain both how and why.

Flimmern-Geist

That is one explanation, then again I wasn't there for your experience so I can only suggest this as an answer.

I would need more detail on these events, so I can see what I have to work with.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Any psycho active chemicals, Satan worship, ouija boards, or schizophrenia in your history?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Any psycho active chemicals, Satan worship, ouija boards, or schizophrenia in your history?

We have gone down the Schizo path already friend.

From what I can observe the OP found it quite offensive.

I too am curious as well; I failed to ask: Was there any 'substance' being used at this time?
edit on 27-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
How are your allergies? Do you take any prescription or even OTC allergy meds? Thought I would ask since it's spring here, and another reason; Hallucinating is a common side effect of higher doses of allergy meds. More particularly, shadow people, spiders, demonic entities, bugs, and other very bizzare and creepy hallucinations. I advise you to stop right now if you are, as there are some very scary permanent side effects.... For example, it is possible that the hallucinations will stay with you for the rest of your life (I know someone who has this, they describe it as worse than hell), your liver could suffer extreme damage or worse, brain damage, nervous system damage, and more.
edit on 27-4-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterCrix

MC, I had no intention of "telling you what to do". I offered advice based on your interesting post. In fact, you even named the thread "I think I've gone mad.." If my post offended you, then I apologize. However, I stick by my advice and post. As you can see from the other posts in this thread, mine is not an isolated opinion. It would be in your best interests to resolve this first through normal psychiatric means and, should that fail, start seeking answers in other areas. It is almost like you already have your answer, you are just seeking the correct question at this point in time. That is the wrong way to go about things, IMO, and it should be the other way around (question first and then find the answer to question through research). I do wish you the best of luck though and certainly no ill will.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants

MC, I had no intention of "telling you what to do". I offered advice based on your interesting post. In fact, you even named the thread "I think I've gone mad.." If my post offended you, then I apologize. However, I stick by my advice and post. As you can see from the other posts in this thread, mine is not an isolated opinion. It would be in your best interests to resolve this first through normal psychiatric means and, should that fail, start seeking answers in other areas. It is almost like you already have your answer, you are just seeking the correct question at this point in time. That is the wrong way to go about things, IMO, and it should be the other way around (question first and then find the answer to question through research). I do wish you the best of luck though and certainly no ill will.

Agreed 100%, and im sure alot of us dont want to start egging on someone who possibly has a mental illness, and potentially making it worse. Im new to ATS but my understanding is that the goal is to stop ignorance, and not exploring alternatives other then paranormal beings is being ignorant of other possibilities.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants

someone who possibly has a mental illness,

Yeah, no. Schizophrenia is not a real disease, it is a medical branding to try and explain the unexplained.

Could you explain these 'beings' In more detail? I have seen things throughout my life that can not be explained, and I am not crazy! (I don't think lol)
They sound very similar to shadow people? If you do a search on ats you will find other peoples experiences and also some pics of how these shadow might look.
I always see the cloaked shadow and after reading/seeing a pic of one (not actual pic) I knew straight away that it was the one I had seen all my life and it gave me great comfort, knowing if we are all seeing the same thing then we are all not mad surely!
Loving Thoughts

They are indescribable, amorphous, looking at them for any period of time gives me headaches. They are never in one place, they don't just stand around, they shift position, never in the same spot for to long.

You also state that you have seen these beings in the corner of your eye.

This is known as Flmmern-Geist

The words “Flimmern” and “Geist” are Germanic in origin and translate as Flicker-Spirits or Flicker-Guides. This unexplained phenomenon was first described by the alchemist Jakob Bohme in the 16th Century as the ability to see shadowy figures out of the corner of your eye. Generally, these beings flicker in-and-out of a person’s peripheral vision and appear to be humanoid, dark and agile. The truth is that almost every person alive has at some time seen a fast moving shadow just at the edge of their vision and turned to look but seen nothing more. These observations are most often accompanied by shivers, chills and a sensation that something odd has happened. Scientists are quick to suggest that this phenomenon is just a “trick of the eyes” but fail to explain both how and why.

Flimmern-Geist

That is one explanation, then again I wasn't there for your experience so I can only suggest this as an answer.

I would need more detail on these events, so I can see what I have to work with.

I guess that could be the cause of some of them, but not all of them. An interesting find, I have never heard of this before, I need to look into it more. Thanks!

Well uh, unless I was high for like, 50% of my life, then no chemicals. Satan worship, schizophrenia, no one in my family ever practiced it or had the 'disease'. Ouija boards, had those around me in college for a while, party tricks and whatnot. But that was years ago.

How are your allergies? Do you take any prescription or even OTC allergy meds? Thought I would ask since it's spring here, and another reason; Hallucinating is a common side effect of higher doses of allergy meds. More particularly, shadow people, spiders, demonic entities, bugs, and other very bizzare and creepy hallucinations. I advise you to stop right now if you are, as there are some very scary permanent side effects.... For example, it is possible that the hallucinations will stay with you for the rest of your life (I know someone who has this, they describe it as worse than hell), your liver could suffer extreme damage or worse, brain damage, nervous system damage, and more.
edit on 27-4-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

I don't have any allergies, other than one to those fake sweeteners like splenda and nutrasweet, and I don't need any meds for those, just have to avoid them.

Biggy, no point in posting in this thread anymore, I'm not going to respond to you.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I think it does add to the fear. If someone is already under stress because of what they are seeing, telling them they probably have schizophrenia is not helping.

There are a lot of unexplainable things in this world.

Please go and see atleast two different psycics/mediums if they hold no answers then see a doctor or a counsilor.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I for one believe in you. Whether its real or not, its real to you and thats what matters. Confronting your fear is something you must do inorder to deal with this situation.I think the barriers are thinning between realities, worlds, dimensions, whatever. The different plains of existence are less defined and some of us can see through the barriers better than others..I know a lady who told me of seeing a figure "shift" as it moved forward from one spot to the next and you could see through it. This was broad daylight and two people saw the same thing.Just because we dont understand something doesnt mean we should fear it. How you would do this is up to you. Ask them what they want? Tell them they are scaring you? Why are they there? Why me? I hope this helps Too many people use the word schizoid on this site . Thats just another cop out for lack of something to say in my book.They are in denial so give them a break. Chardonnay

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join