It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Concern Over Royal Wedding Protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Police Concern Over Royal Wedding Protests

news.sky.com

Police are concerned about two extreme groups which are planning protests during the Royal Wedding.

Muslims Against Crusades – who burned poppies on Armistice Day – were told they could not demonstrate outside Westminster Abbey during the service and have cut off contact with Scotland Yard.

The group’s website calls for a Muslim uprising on the day and warns Princes William and Harry to "watch your backs".

The far-right English Defence League has vowed to stop any MAC demonstration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 26-4-2011 by Wulfric because: Added link

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It is common knowledge over here in the UK that MAC are trying their very best to disrupt the wedding, now there are threats from anarchists, the Real IRA, MAC.

For those who don't know who the EDL (English Defence League) are they are sort of a right-wing vigilante group against extremist muslims who have vowed to prevent any MAC demonstrations...police clashes? Pretty certain there will be.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-4-2011 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by Wulfric because: Specifying IRA

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't think a wedding is the proper venue for political activism. I'm willing to give will and kate the benefit of the doubt that they're a young couple in love. A wedding is a special occasion and they should be allowed to enjoy their day as much as possible.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I whole heartedly agree, they deserve the best wedding possible and there should be no protests allowed anywhere near Westminster Abbey or the route being taken. However MAC still seem determined even though their application to protest has been turned down

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

Real IRA AND CONT:IRA dont have clout of the old PROVOS but that dont mean they wont try something,think they would be caught easily no mercs they cant afford them!!!And protests well its a protest nothing more nothing less..the met police will see to that!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
With 2 billion people watching, they will be desperate to show off to an audience. Will be ill advised I would have thought.

I have a bit of a bad feeling about this wedding. Dunno why, I have no inside info or anything, just a bad gut feeling.

Hope nothing happens as I quite like Miss Middleton.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gavlar1974
reply to post by Wulfric

Real IRA AND CONT:IRA dont have clout of the old PROVOS but that dont mean they wont try something,think they would be caught easily no mercs they cant afford them!!!And protests well its a protest nothing more nothing less..the met police will see to that!!

My apologies, forgot to mention it was the Real IRA who were carrying out the threats, although it is a right to protest, in this celebration it was just be outright disgusting in an attempt to steal the day away from something which is so embedded into our culture.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I certainly do not envy the police their job on royal wedding day.

MAC was denied permission to protest outside Westminster Abbey but it doesn't mean they won't protest anywhere else in London. And of course, if/when/where MAC show up so will the EDL.

I hope any of the protests won't overshadow the big day, but with billions watching worldwide I think protesters will use the opportunity to gain attention as loudly as possible.

I just hope nothing will happen to spoil the day.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I agree with some of the above posts the IRA and other groups localized have increased attacks as of late, including a bombing of a police station in Ireland itself, as well as an attack on an Army barracks. They are a real threat in Great Britain. As well as some increased Anarchist activities. Either way I hope this couple has a peaceful day of celebration without any chaos or destruction, everyone deserves that on their wedding day no matter who you are.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

However MAC still seem determined even though their application to protest has been turned down

You do realize how ridiculous that statement is right?

The fact that you need an application from the government to protest the government.

And if you don't have one the police use it to justify extreme force, with no regard to how valid the protesters grievances are.

Welcome to the NWO

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
On the Muslims against Crusades website I do love the photo's at the bottom of the home page.......ha ha....

The first one holding a placard saying " Get out of our countries '.......... I couldn't have put it better myself !!

He is there standing in the UK with a placard saying 'get out of our countries'.... hmmm a case of pot calling the kettle black I think........ ha ha ha........ how ironic and also this supposed protest HOW PATHETIC !!

www.muslimsagainstcrusades.com...

[snip]

Regards

PDUK
edit on 26-4-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
what a sad world we live in where there is no event that wont be met with violent, threatening protest

unbelievable

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If they want to protest, let them, why assume that they will cause violence?. I dont believe they have been violent at their other protests. We might hate what they stand for , but surely they have as much right to protest as other groups. I dont believe any protests will be able to get too close to the ceremony anyway. We cant just ban protests because we dont like what they have to say.Sometimes its better that we shine a light on such groups to show how despicable they really are. The EDL are not needed to provide protection, we are spending enough on the security services for that.

Ken Wharfe, former royal protection officer to Diana, Princess of Wales and Princes William and Harry, said the police were well prepared.

"The great thing about Scotland Yard is it has this fantastic expertise in dealing with ceremonial events - as distinct from demonstrations we've seen recently.

"So given all that expertise and given almost this bottomless pot of cash that David Cameron said 'look have this', there won't be a problem."

www.bbc.co.uk...

I like the last sentence myself

edit on 26-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The only thing which annoys me about this, is that I now feel like i should watch this giant circus show. Just incase something cool happens. Don't want to be missing out on a live braodcast of loads of carnage, do I ?!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think the whole royal wedding thing is a waste of tax payers money. Queenie is the ritchest woman in the world and yet she insists that the public fund her grandsons wedding ? Its discusting if you ask me.
Plus, why do they keep saying 'The nation loves the royals' ? I certainly dont, and i dont know anyone who does !

And yes i will be watching the wedding on friday, BUT only to see if Queenie falls out of the horse drawn open topped carrage and falls flat on her face !

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWokeUp
... Queenie is the ritchest woman in the world and yet she insists that the public fund her grandsons wedding ? Its discusting if you ask me. ...

Actually, and with the greatest respect, the Queen is not the richest woman in the world and far from it. The wealth of the Royal Family is well publicised, as is their income.

You are probably falling into the trap of believing websites and other sources who think the Queen owns things like the roadside verges, riverbeds and the seabed, not to mention the sky and the dominions including the US and Texas. The Crown Estate is an odd arrangement and is not managed by the Queen – or owned by the Queen as such. The value of the Crown Estate is only around £6bn and revenues go to the Treasury.

I hate to rely on Wikipedia for anything, but here’s a list of rich women. Quite correctly, the Queen is not on that list.

Richest Women fro Wikipedia

Originally posted by iWokeUp
And yes i will be watching the wedding on friday, BUT only to see if Queenie falls out of the horse drawn open topped carrage and falls flat on her face !

I sincerely hope that you don’t electrocute shaving yourself or choak on your donut while watching.

Regards

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

Queenie is the ritchest woman in the world

As already pointed out, no she’s not. Forbes gives that title to Christy Walton with approximately $26bn

and yet she insists that the public fund her grandsons wedding ?

No she isn’t, the royal family are paying for the wedding with the Middletons pitching in. The taxpayer is paying for the policing of the event but isn’t that only fair when it’s the thousands of tax payers on the street watching that's generating that cost?

Plus, why do they keep saying 'The nation loves the royals' ?

Are they? Who? Where?

Well then you’re a c**t.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Pfft...sign of the times this is.
I remember Williams Parents wedding in 1981,(Prince Charles and Princess Diana).

Not a single protest or riot.
No black bloc in sight.
No extremist protests of any form.

Looks like this time will be different.
I hate to say it,but I hope the security forces are looking at possible terrorist actions on the day-As this is one of those events that most of the developed world will be watching.
Just the sort of thing nutter terror groups would try to disrupt IMO,to get maximum media time.

Hopefully the day will go well without any fools spoiling things.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The whole things a sick joke.
For a bunch of overpriveliged spongers to be living it up so, when ordinary folks are losing jobs, pensions and houses is plain wrong.

As for HMTQ not being the richest woman...ridiculous. She owns everything in the UK. She is the law, so there is nowt she can't have.

All the figures provided to the papers are pure bull.

I shall be steering clear of the telly until the forelock tugging is over.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Many of you will never come face-to-face with either the English Defense League (EDL) or the Muslims Against Crusades (MAC) protest groups, however I have and can tell you this: you are looking at fundamentally blinded and bigoted people; facing off against each other, without the capacity to listen. The demographic between the two groups are uncannily similar and there is no reasoning. One believes Sharia law should dominate the world and the other thinks Islam has already taken over the world. It is that simple. However, having photographed the political protest movement in this country for the past year, I can assure you that the police will crack down harder than ever on any sign of dissent amongst the royal wedding protesters. Many, many things are planned for the royal day and internet chatter is rife with protest speculation. One thing can be guaranteed though and that is Will and Kate will be wed and this time the cameras will be focused on them and not the those out to disrupt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join