It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China looking to public to name space station

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

BEIJING (AP) — China is asking the public to help come up with a name and logo for its future space station in a sign of growing confidence in its ambitious program.

The appeal is the latest indication of how China's military-backed space program is emerging from its veil of secrecy as leaders seek to galvanize public support and maximize its educational and patriotism-inspiring aspects.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0728b0d41710.jpg[/atsimg]

I thought Id post this here for you guys and hope if you wish to submit a name you do so in this thread as well as any logo designs you would submit.

heres is where they should be submitted

Suggestions should be submitted between Monday and July 25 via websites including www.cmse.gov.cn or e-mailed to [email protected]. The result will be decided before the end of September.
news.xinhuanet.com...

Lets see if we can come up with a winner from ATS
edit on 26-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It should be called the

"We Own the US, Deal With It" Space Station

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
How about "Arthur C. Clarke" or whatever Arthur C. Clarke would be in Chinese? Maybe they could do something goofy like name it "Peace" or "S'okay" or "Happy Planet Satellite Station One" or maybe something totaly lame like "Opportunity" or something like that! How about FAIL!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
'Gaping bullet holes in the head of freedom' space station.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I like "White Sky Dragon" --- the letter "T" for "Tiankong" and "Bai Long" or simply "T-Long". Weee!

Addendum: "White" --- clouds in the skies, purity. "T" --- religious imagery due to the shape of the space station. "Dragon" --- spiritual/ethereal aspect
edit on 2011-4-26 by pikypiky because: To add more "food for thought".

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Mine was somewhat similar...
黃帝紅龍空間站
Huangdi Red Dragon Space Station

I thought this name up for the Man who united all of China... Thought about white due to photo but chose red because its China...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Oh great we get to name a space station? That's like getting to decide what you'd like to have engraved on your tombstone. Sure everyone, lets all get together and name the giant rocket launcher whose aim is to kill us all!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Oh great we get to name a space station? That's like getting to decide what you'd like to have engraved on your tombstone. Sure everyone, lets all get together and name the giant rocket launcher whose aim is to kill us all!!

In that spirit... let us call it

"We Own the US, Now Pay Up or Die From Space Laser!" Space Station

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
You guys must really fear China in the US they sure are kicking your butt lately, but its your goverment that wont up the taxes so look to them not blame China. All the huff n puff is just that China does not want war, Im sure they know what would happen...

That aside those posts dont look like names for this space station... I cant wait to post in your next thread...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Sol Station Alpha.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
You guys must really fear China in the US they sure are kicking your butt lately, but its your goverment that wont up the taxes so look to them not blame China. All the huff n puff is just that China does not want war, Im sure they know what would happen...

That aside those posts dont look like names for this space station... I cant wait to post in your next thread...

Hmmmm... our posts are on topic... as stupid as they are... and they are giving your thread attention... meaning it will be bumped up the list... giving it greater chance for exposure... I even flagged your thread...

and I stand by the name I give it

whats wrong with it?!

Also, please feel free to drop by my threads anytime you want... after all thats why I post them... so people can post stuff in them

Also are you aware that the shuttle design looks like an upside cross...
hmmm what do the chinese have against Christianity?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well thanks for the flag, guess its my own fault for posting and not thinking about popular opinions of China...
I do doubt many would even want to name it because of this.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Hey, if our government would stop giving stuff away to China, where do you think they'd be at as far as building a space station? Have you looked at the size of the "perspective" Chinese station? Where's the Chinese space shuttle that that they are going to use to build it? Where's the Russian shuttle? (Besides being buried under a collapsed roof, too bad, really thought they had chance to get that baby on orbit someday!) How is it that China owns us? In what way? you mean all of our debt they bought? that was just a downpayment or us not nuking THEM ANY TIME WE WANT hahahahahahahahahah
, oh yeah and then there was that little problem they had with a tiny little country called Japan, does that ring a bell? By the way, China isn't as bad a place as I'm making it out to be, I mean, they get a Grand Prix race and everything now! They have an aircraft carrier and the internet and millions of demon hackers probably attacking my country right now, but hey, they have some pretty together stuff, and I'd like to visit them someday, but I can't because they won't let me! Anyway, I hope they name they're station Tsien (like in the Arthur C Clarke novels!!!)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
Well thanks for the flag, guess its my own fault for posting and not thinking about popular opinions of China...
I do doubt many would even want to name it because of this.

To be honest I don't hate China... I even have Chinese friends... and personally I don't really care if China takes over the US... as long as they don't start running people off their land and out of their homes or start shooting... who cares... the Chinese would actually probably run America better than our current administration... I mean look at China their leaders have done wonders with their economy!

Their freedom's and rights are questionable though

but hey give it 10 years... will it be much better in America?!

I still think the "We Own America" Space Station is a good idea for a name

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

I'll give ya a star. You can bomb my posts anytime you want! That's what they're there for and that's why I'm here, but I gotta say, they Chinese may have they're own F1 race, but there gonna have to come up with like a Hubble or a Shuttle or an X37B or a Saturn Vb or a Voyager or a Pioneer or something like that before they can get into the space race with some serious cred ya know? I'm sure thay'll get there or flame out trying

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

"The awoken giant"

"GTFO of America"

"Won-ton".

"Fedral Reserve - haha good one"

"Made in China"

"Sponsored by the USA"

"one small step for short man"

"International space station - phyc!"

"Payday"

"Astrolavista"

"United States of Arrogance"

OR how about...

"Obama's change"

edit on 26-4-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Red Lotus

Second line

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Most impressive! My faves #1 "Astrolavista" #2 "GTFO America" #3 "one small step for short man" #4 "Made in China" #5 "Payday" Most Honorable Mention - "International space station - phyc!"

NICE Work ! ! !! !

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Also are you aware that the shuttle design looks like an upside cross...
hmmm what do the chinese have against Christianity?

actually an upsidedown cross is a legitmate christian symbol, infact crosses are meant to be worn this way as to show your humility towards jesus christ.

So in effect all the satanists with upside down crosses etc are basically saying they arent as good as jesus and are infact worshipping him by wearing the cross as they do

Anyhoo completely off topic tht was so sorry

I would name it 'Sky Dragon' or somehting cool like that

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
How about, Confucius.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join