It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Rejects Request for Expedited Hearing on Health Law Challenge! (boo)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The legal fight over President Obama's health care overhaul will apparently go through normal legal channels after the Supreme Court on Monday announced it will not expedite a major lawsuit from Virginia challenging the controversial law.

It's the second time the high court has denied a expedited review request from the law's opponents. While Monday's decision doesn't foreclose others from asking the justices to do the same with their cases, it now seems unlikely that the court would break its regular protocols to hear a dispute that will almost certainly come before them -- just not now.

One of the reasons for denying review may have been the opposition from the Obama administration. Acting Solicitor General Neal Katyal told the court, "there is no basis for short-circuiting the normal course of appellate review."

Katyal said there is no question that the case is of great public importance but uses the language of the court's own rules to say it is not "one of the rare cases that justifies deviation from normal appellate practice and require[s] immediate determination in this court." Katyal pointed out that the Virginia case and several others are already in the pipeline and little time may be saved if the court were to jump in now.

While it's hard to predict the timeline of his case or the couple of dozens others working through the legal system, it's possible that the Virginia case or another could be heard by the court by this time next year with a ruling by the end of June 2012.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

man, that sucks. Serioulsy.

There are somethings that need to be addressed quickly. and. I feel our Health Care as a Nation is one of those things.

Another decision by them that goes against the common man's common sense-IMO.

At least they didn't toss it altogether. This will take years,,,, years years.... UGH

Or, is this Justice Roberts way of getting back at Obama? Decison around the Summer of 2012 if it goes it normal pace (from what I am reading...?) If true, going to be even more of one crazy election year.
edit on 4/25/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/25/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm surprised the Obama supporters are replying.

Must be a minor victory that they don't want to expose too much-in case it turns against them (or they are sure how to react yet-given the numerous things that could happen).

Well, keeping the eye on things...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Finally wiser heads prevail.

Silly lawsuits are still silly lawsuits.

Universal Healthcare is something that should have been instituted decades ago.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Agreed, except that this Universal Heath Care is not going to work for the best of the people. It is designed for the best benifit of the Gov't (Dems).

Shame on them.

It needs to be done. Re-done. And not by Politician.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
ever since obama care was passed i knew without a doubt

the only way to get rid of it was a complete 3 for 3 control of the house and senate and presidency.

by then it will be too late and the masses will have moved on.

the dems hold control of the supreme court which is why they can take it to them but it is an exercise in futility

obama care is here to stay and we are going to have to suffer through the consequences.

and i hate it and it stinks to high heaven.

obama and the left has screwed this country over bigtime since 2006 and really longer.

if you want to know how bad obama care is back in the 2010 election no democrat ran on that platform

in the 2012 election cycle you watch i doubt obama will even run on the obama care platform.

we are screwed.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

the dems hold control of the supreme court which is why they can take it to them but it is an exercise in futility

obama care is here to stay and we are going to have to suffer through the consequences.

Huh? 5 of the 9 Justices were appointed by Republicans.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yea republicans have the majority on paper but the Supreme Court has often voted in ways those selecting them wouldn't have thought.

It seems that once a Justice finally get's onto the court they realize that there is nobody they have to answer to and actually vote on what they feel is right.

This might be the last vestige of American government that is run without major corruption.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by spyder550

Agreed, except that this Universal Heath Care is not going to work for the best of the people. It is designed for the best benifit of the Gov't (Dems).

Shame on them.

It needs to be done. Re-done. And not by Politician.

It does need to be reworked and it will be right now Healthcare is not at all what the democrats wanted it is what the democrats could get the nay saying republicans to agree to -- the biggest beneficiary is of course - the insurance companies. Public option should have been the minimum and single payer should have been the solution. We do not need the insurance companies - they are only acting as middle men. They dont care if the price of medical care goes up because then they can charge more and charging more makes more proffits. Thus medical care costs skyrocket.

My company has good benefits. It still costs me (if I excede the 1500.00 deductions) 7000.oo per year. When I started working in the 70s Health insurance came with the job and there was no deduction from a paycheck or a deductable for the care. How could things have gotten so bad. I am glad I am old. I pity my kids.
edit on 4-5-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join