It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona senate passes bill to stop the banking fraud, one state rep nullifies the bill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
That witch just overthrew the democratic process because she's a sellout to the banks... and a big one. She committed treason. She should be kicked out of office NOW... and indicted.

The story is... The Arizona senate passed a bill, SB1258, that would have forced the banks to prove their own the property before they foreclose... It passed 28-2. Then the bill went to the state House. The head of the banking committee said : I will not hear the bill... so she moved to strike the entire bill and replace it with something about fire departments.

So she killed the bill that would have forced the banks to do the lawful thing and force them to prove what they own (which they don't since they've lost or frauded most of the paperwork on those foreclosures) and that witch, single handed, killed that bill. Why? Because she's bought and paid for.

This is totally disgusting.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I won't be surprised if a disgruntled former home owner deals with this situation.

Almost everyone in AZ can carry.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Don'tcha just love the system? You betcha!

This kind of thing happens more often than you'd imagine, and it's disgusting every step of the way.

Seriously, why is the capability to do that kind of thing even IN the legislature?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
How can the system function properly if some of the parts are broken? This 'witch' is certainly a part broken beyond repair.

But how can we replace the broken part with no mechanic...?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yep

Its stuff like that that makes me proud Im not an American.
What an absolute disgrace, she should actually be strung up.

How does your system let that happen? Who was the ugly old cow?
28-2, seriously whats the point in even having the vote in the first place????

The rest of the world is waiting for you guys to take back your country, when you do the earth is going to be a much happier and peaceful place.

Can you guys please hurry up and either get rid of these guys by voting (was the George W vote rigging isolated or is your voting system now irrelevant?) or by revolution.

Either way just get rid of em

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Why do I feel like if she had been a Democrat, that would have been included in the title of this thread but since she is a Republican, she is just some general politician so far?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

There is no democrat or republican, only politicians.
This woman needs to be tried and if found guilty, hung from the highest tree.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
No one is going to get angry, no one is going to do anything. Call me a defeatist but, Americans are slowly losing this battle.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

You know if she had been a democrat there would have been 50 posts on this already, but no she's a republican (big surprise) and thwarting the democratic process apparently meets with the so-called "conservative" member's approval.

Rep McClain replaced the entire text of a bill after it was passed by the AZ senate with completely new text.

This is how you got screwed Arizona - through an in-your-face act of Monarchy by one Representative McLain, who arrogated the entirety of the Democratic process even within the committee she chairs to herself, and abused that authority to financially **** every Arizona homeowner who is facing foreclosure. Vote? What's a Vote? We don't need any stinking votes! McLain is the chair and she's arrogated herself King!

Arizona State Rep Ms. McLain (R-3rd): A Putrid Viper

You can read the original version that was voted on, and the entirely new version that it was replaced with, at the above link.

Obviously the banks didn't like the idea of having to prove the hold the title to property they wanted to foreclose on and decided to use one of their corrupt politicians on their payroll to further destroy what little democracy still exists in this country.

But let's all ignore this and go back to debating Obama being an alien hybrid, I'm sure we'll have another 50 birther threads while the army of sock-puppets ignore this topic.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

There is no democrat or republican, only politicians.
This woman needs to be tried and if found guilty, hung from the highest tree.

Sorry but I have been on ATS long enough to have heard this song enough to sing it in my sleep.
When Republicans are inexcusably bad, all politicians are bad.
When Democrats are bad on any level, them $#^*in' Democrats is evil!!!!!!
Yeah yeah yeah.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

youtu.be...

You have to understand that we in THE UNITED STATES are living in a corparation. All laws that are passed are for the benefit of the corparation. All this talk of budget cuts and what not is all a bunh of BS. What this lady did to ths bill is reprehensible if we're living in a constitutional republic, but makes perfect sense if if these people are in office for the benefit of the corporation.

The above youtube video is a very interesting look at the true financial picture of most state/county gov'ts. It can get a little dry when they're going through all the numbers if you're not into finances. I think it's worth a watch.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yeah, the committee process is a sinkhole that eats a LOT of good bills. I guess the idea was to filter and categorize bills so as to reduce the time wasted on the floor of Congress. Unfortunately, it is too easy to abuse and is done often.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

If I were to wager a guess, I would say it is because we currently have a demlican in the white house. This tends to bring out the folk who still believe we have a two party system, and that the side that currently controls the WH is to blame for all ills.

Take for instance, this thread from seven years ago, when we had a repub-o-crat in the white house..... the sentiment that "them $#^*in' (insert fictitious political affiliation *here* ) is evil!!!!!!" was directed almost entirely at the side that was currently in control.

If you take the time to read the thread, notice that the majority opinion that was opposed to this view, coincides with the resounding argument we still hold today; to wit: ALL politicians are to blame, for NONE of them have our interests in mind......They all play for the same team; all belong to the same club, and you and I aren't in it.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
No one see the bigger problem that would come from this bill passed, tons of people would get free houses.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Excuse my language, but who is this idiotic state rep? Who the HELL voted her in?

What or who does she exactly represent?

How disgusting...clearly....she does not represent the interests of the people of Arizona. This bill would have been revolutionary in the states. She's a complete and utter worthless slimeball.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
No one see the bigger problem that would come from this bill passed, tons of people would get free houses.

You're kidding right? Those banks frauded the home owners. They don't have proof they own the houses. That is THEIR PROBLEM... The banks need to take the loss. Screw them.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Others still, don't see this as an entirely bad thing. Here's the scenario as I see it: Say you bought a small house in 2005 with an average mortgage payment of $700. That works out to $8,400 a year that you have paid, a large chunk of which goes directly to the interest on the loan for the first couple years.

A couple years later it becomes known that your chosen lender has made some very, very bad investments and was deemed "too big to fail", then proceeding to receive a "bail-out" comprised of the product of your own labor; i.e., your money. You get irritated, possibly even irate, that the government has decided to to rob you to keep your bank afloat.

Six years later, you have paid $50,400 to this bank (a decent chunk of which is still going to pay just the interest on your loan) when, it becomes known that the same bank who made bad investments and got bailed out with your money (que ominous music)..........doesnt even own your mortgage anymore, and whats more - they dont even know who does!

So here we find ourselves in a situation where due to outright fraud on the part of the banks, your house isnt owned by anyone, because the chain of title was broken! No one owns your house, and unless the bank can "provide"(read: forge) proper documentation stating they do in fact properly own your mortgage, you are by default, the owner of your house; because you live there.

Am I saying it is fair for people to "get away" with this, since everyone knows it was their fault for buying a property they couldn't afford? By no means. Is it any more fair that the poor, poor, banks - due to their own negligence and fraud should loose their investment? (Who, by most estimates, have fully received compensation on their investments from our generous tax dollars) Nay. What we have is simply a problem for contract law; "Fair" doesnt even come into play.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's about high time other people did what we did here in miami with our county mayor.

Do a recall election and get her ass out of office.

If enough people got into this habit we wouldn't have this issue. We need more scrutiny of politicians and what they do in order to actually live in a democracy.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724

Are there a few trillion dollars worth of houses in Arizona? That should put them about even with the banks.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes
They all play for the same team; all belong to the same club, and you and I aren't in it.

That is a real bummer because I already paid the admittance fee, dues, and even bought a clubhouse polo shirt.

Hey, I do not argue that politicians as a WHOLE are evil and really only worried about what they are personally worried about. What that happens to be seems to change but is rarely involving things I am worried about. I am with you there. I am just not quite ready to just throw in the towel and give up hope. That is how Bush got into office.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join