It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i crazy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

thank you for the advice but dont worry i take just about everything with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Youre totally normal, man. Hell, you are evolving, You are the future of our species, the savior of mankind.

Our parents were raised entirely by government propaganda. I just went through the same situation tonight at Easter dinner.

It is up to the youth to take this country back. Our minds have not been corrupted by years and years of manipulation.

In order for us to usher in change, choas and collapse must happen in order to completely break down the current systems of control.

Always remember love. Always remember, we don't need to fight violently to change anything. Give this world the best you have to give and watch it evolve as a result.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
It is up to the youth to take this country back. Our minds have not been corrupted by years and years of manipulation.

Thanks for the post

That got me thinking, i wonder if the age of brainwashing is over for the most part. Sure, it still goes on TV and even some on the internet, but what people have now that previous generations didn't is the Internet. Free information from all different sources, and they're able to take what they want and drop what they don't. As of right now, the Internet itself has no bias, it's just a giant library growing at an exponential rate.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

its not over.......we still have goverment schools

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Some of what is said in the zeitgeist movies is certainly true, and it should open your eyes to issues and to make up your own mind, don't follow or take stuff said by "authority" for granted.

On the other hand some of it is speculative, wild theories that probably aren't true.

All my interpretation, I don't have facts to support either way, but keeping your eyes open without going conspiracy crazy is a healthy way to go about it.

Certainly corruption is a human condition and the statement "Power corrupts, ultimate power corrupts ultimately" sadly holds true.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mimer

Oh and you're not crazy.

90% of the population are ignorant fools.

Then again, ignorance probably is bliss.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92
reply to post by nikkibee

I just wan't to say if you are 14, Please do not believe some of the things mentioned on Ats.
Honestly, you take this reply how ever you like, It's just a warning.
You still have school, college things like that to look forward to. If I was you, I would study my ass off and have fun while you're still young, You don't need a site like this.

I'm going to agree with this general statement but with a modification of the last sentence from my own perspective. I would say that IF reading some of the content on this site prevents either of you from living healthy and productive daily lives, and instead leaves you with feelings of anxiety or dispair, erase it from your favorites list for a couple of years because YOU are our future and we need both of you to remain healthy (which includes happiness), educated and focused for when your time comes (and it will) to make a positive contribution to changing what you feel is wrong in the world.

To the original OP, I have not seen this movie but will make the time to do so now. No, you are not crazy and I have found that parents often criticize their kids when they, themselves, are disturbed by a particular topic. I'm neither advocating nor admonishing them for this deflective behavior since I think it's human nature and usually borne from a desire to protect our young from that which we, as parents, feel powerless against ourselves. You have formed your own opinion based on the information presented to you and that, my friend, bespeaks the difference between a leader and a follower, both of whom are equally important in their different roles as long as the leader being followed is a true catalyst for positive change.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
To the younger generation:

Ignorance knows no age group, race or gender. It's one size fits all.

There are sheeple in every generation.

Please do not make the mistake of thinking people of the older generation don't get it or don't have a clue as to what is really happening.

I meet many young people that have no idea what happened in Japan with the nuclear plants.
Many older people do not have any thought about Japan.
I am just using Japan as an example.

I was taught to never believe what our government says and I am 64 years old.

We need to help people of all generations understand where we are and where we are headed.

I'm sure some folks think I am nuts but that is not going to stop me from spreading truth to anyone that will listen.

My point is: Every generation is filled with believers and not believers.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
My point is: Every generation is filled with believers and not believers.

True, i just feel like there are more in the younger generation. But you're right..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Know how you feel, you are not crazy. I have watched. People are in denial about things. And blinded by normalcy.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I think they were wrong to say those things, especially the part about Columbine. You are taking an interest in alternative points of view and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In their defense I will say that the motive behind their statements was to keep you safe from harm and worry. I'm sure they simply don't want you to dwell on subjects that might upset you.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
They just don't want the 1% of our human character and our lack of a moral relationship to get the best of us. There are so many hints that humanity takes to prevent it from happening, suffering from that conclusion is just plain wrong.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth

I just cannot accept a system that is so inherently flawed where the top 1% of the world own more than half the world's money while people halfway across the world are struggling for a piece of food to stay alive.

Probably not crazy...jealous maybe?

You not jealous because they are your gods.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You are not crazy. It's crazy that we've allowed things to be this way since the dawn of time. What we do from now onward is what matters. We must actively choose our future if we want it to change.

This does not mean we must engage in open rebellion. We simply do not subscribe to "the way it's always been" anymore. We do things our way. This, of course, means that you don't get a cushy job after four+ years in college. You don't go to college. You aren't indoctrinated. You learn things by doing, by being present in every moment. You do what you love doing and you do it well because you love it. It's not "work", it's love. Love is life in the new world >> Our new world. They have their new world. The two need not meet. They won't bother us. We have nothing of interest. And we certainly won't bother them.

You must think completely outside of the box though. I live this way already. I have no prices for what I do. People ask for what they want and I supply it to the best of my ability. They repay me in whatever way suits them, or not at all if that be the case. I don't do what I find objectionable or distasteful. I do what brings me joy at that time for entirely my own reasons. Repayment is not necessarily part of the deal. I like my life. I am free to change anything at any time. There is plenty of room for everyone to live this way and all services will be provided. It's really amazing how little we actually need, but you have to jump out of the system that "is" in order to understand this.

I still live in town, for the time being. When the time is right for that change, it too will happen. Patience, persistence, vision, self-knowledge are all it takes to get started. This does not mean to set out a path. Your flagstones will fall in front of you with every small step you take. Learn to watch for the signs given. Your life has a direction already. Let it take you there.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sorry to say it but people like your parents is why I don't even try to talk to people anymore as their ignorance to real issues aided my dislike for people in general.I used to enjoy debating but some people are soooo behind and they are usually the voters who change the way we all live.They need a breath of awareness.They are the ones that vote people like BO because of his booming voice.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have always questioned. As a child I was scolded for my questions, just as you seem to be. I have learned to question everything, because we cannot know the answers until we know the full story.
I am glad to see our "children" questioning. It is healthy, and without you we will never be able to move past the problems this world faces today.
I am a mother myself, and I have been raising my children to think for themselves. Yes, it can cause problems at home sometimes because "Because I told you so" doesn't work lol. But I truly believe that our younger generation will be the messengers of hope. YOU are the answer. Do not let your parents, or anyone else, tell you that you are crazy. Einstein was crazy, so was Edgar Alan Poe, and Gallileo... and EVERY brilliant mind in recorded history.
Always question, otherwise you will just become part of the flock.
YOU will save us, along with everyone else who fights against what we are being fed.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
No. You're not crazy.

If I can offer one point of advice - be able to explain your views and put forth your case why they are more 'sane' then the mainstream view. Be able to explain calmly and rationally to people who ask why these things are wrong.

There's no point raging against the system if you sound like a caveman. Which you don't.
Just an example.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I guess i am getting too old as well then, as i cant understand the point in how twitter is used as well
99% of the stuff on twitter is repeating some silly news story and then others copy your twittter about the news story and then retweet that...

I have yet to see someone actually post something interesting using that service.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I doubt you are crazy.. Your parents have been brainwashed/conditioned that questioning the system equals crazy.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
WARNING: Matrix reference coming.

OK. Remember in the Matrix when Cypher (the backstabber weasel guy) makes a deal to go back into the Matrix because he's tired of dealing with reality?

This is where most people live. The thing is they are sheeple AND THEY FULLY KNOW THAT! I know. It's crazy!

They don't want to have to contemplate the harsh hard realities of life. They want to believe that God is in heaven and he accepts Visa. If you pay a little bit of money in the collection plate, do good, be a fine consumer, mow your grass on Saturdays, etc., everything is going to be just fine.

The government is there to serve you. Your God is there to welcome you.

Deep down, they know it's a lie...but it's the best thing they have going.

Your parents have bought into the dream. You, my friend, have started waking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join