It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks exposes two UK secret facilities critical to US Government.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This story seems to have escaped the press in the U.K. (and overseas) but i thought it was of interest.

The text below is from the following site.

www.secret-bases.co.uk...

In December 2010, the infamous Wikileaks Cablegate operation to publish secret memos sent between US Embassies revealed a list of worldwide facilities "critical to US Homeland Security". Two such facilities in the UK are Internet submarine cable amplifier stations close to their landing points on the West Coast of Britain in popular seaside towns. They are hidden away inside anonymous buildings on unassuming industrial estates, partially masked by helpfully placed foliage!

They appear on Google Street View and the planning applications lodged with the relevant local councils reveal they were built in 2001 by a telecoms operator responsible for a key Internet cable running under the Atlantic Ocean between the UK and New York. For reasons of UK national security I do not pinpoint the precise locations.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

do you have a link to somehing that backs this info up

dont know if www.secret-bases.co.uk for real
edit on 24-4-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

There speaking of the SIPRnet locations. There in several countries. Theres one at the base not too far from the Japan nuclear plant. There in the process of upgrading the cables at the White House right now for the SIPRnet.

White House construction.
www.cnsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

do you have a link to somehing that backs this info up

dont know if www.secret-bases.co.uk for real
edit on 24-4-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

I have seen the man behind this site interviewed on U.K. television.
edit on 24/4/11 by CrashRetrieval because: Correction.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I remember this being covered by MSM at the time.

Got into a big argument with a friend of mine who claimed that the US Government wouldn't be able to shut down inet access to the entire country, that it wasn't technically possible.

Trust me, you shut down one of these cables, you will have a massive impact on the internet everywhere.

This was demonstrated in 2006 (I think) when undersea cables to Egypt AND South Korea were both mysteriously "accidentally cut by trawlers" at the EXACT SAME TIME, right around Christmas / New Year, it happened in the same week.

Most of the Middle East and South East Asia were without internet access and many countries had no phone service for about 10 days.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

There speaking of the SIPRnet locations. There in several countries. Theres one at the base not too far from the Japan nuclear plant. There in the process of upgrading the cables at the White House right now for the SIPRnet.

White House construction.
www.cnsnews.com...

I don't think I've seen their, there and they're so blatantly ignored before.
Well done.
edit on 24-4-2011 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

top topics

join