It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a prayer and some advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Shabbat Shalom everyone. I came on the computer real quick to ask a question to users about getting a job helping children & teens with problems. The job offers good pay and will teach you how to be a security for the kids. This will really help me working with people, help me mature in teaching myself how to respect others and be patient, job experience and of course I can make money! The job mentions the young will be S.E.D or "Serious emotional disturbance". Which makes it that much tougher. I believe I should put more effort into it and show that I can be the employee for the job. Since it is the Shabbt I would have to log off. Hopefully I can come to good comments on Saturday night. Give me some insight and hopefully someone has worked the same job or helped children with S.E.D. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I would like to mention my friend is also applying with me. We work great as a team and would always be a great help to staff and the patients.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
i believe this good be a very good opportunity to better yourself. it could turn out that the kids teach you something on life and humanity!

i hope you get the job

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ZarbeMomin

Thanks so much! I really needed this today.
This will be difficult. But with a little spark I can get this job!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

Anything you can to do better society is a blessing my friend...

I wish you all the luck in the world...

Btw whats a shabbit?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Here you go for the source on the Shabbat.
What is the Shabbat?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Interesting, thank you for that

So you're jewish... sadly i know very little of the religion

have fun though

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well I'm choosing Judaism. So, It's a progress I have to learn to and adapt to in life. I'm no where perfect but I'm learning. With my Passion for G-d to better myself in life.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Good for you, i hope it works out for you

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks so much!
Same for you in life!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hello my friend.

First I would like to thank you for being willing to take this challenge on. Children with severe emotional disorders can be a handful and if you are accepted into their hearts, it can be quite painful. You will be exposed to some of the more horrifying things we do to our children as a species. They are not emotional for no reason of course. Chances are they have seen and felt horrors you cannot fathom.

So Bless you for taking this on.

My advice to you is that no matter what you face in your ordeals, remember you are handling an angel that has been utterly beaten down. Whether it be through chemical imbalances in the brain (which are more often a mask for the real issue) or out right open abuse on their being, what ever they are is caused by what they have had to endure. Love them with all your heart, for you may very well be the only one in their life that does.

Let the money be a very secondary consideration, and the treasure you will gain from the experience will be beyond words to express.

May God be with you as you take on this most holy of missions.

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

join