It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.308 Battle Rifle

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I like the Tango down grips. I have the shorty on my Ak right now. I also have a surefire in a VTAC offset light mount. I did have the Magpul RVG, but it broke off so easy, I was really dissappointed hwen it did because the Magpul products are held to such a high standard.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TraptInTheSystem

I like the Tango down grips. I have the shorty on my Ak right now. I also have a surefire in a VTAC offset light mount. I did have the Magpul RVG, but it broke off so easy, I was really dissappointed hwen it did because the Magpul products are held to such a high standard.

I also love Magpul I have a CRT stock on my Ruger 556. You can never go wrong with surefire or tango down they are both great products. My pressure pad for my light is made for the tango down it fits like a glove. Really good stocks that are made for punishment are ACE stocks they are pricy but worth it.

If I had to choose one .308 weapon it would be my socom2.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I like Magpul too, I was just dissappointed it fubared so easily. I'm goin to look around and hopefully I can get to hold a Socom II.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was looking at the 308, not ths scar.....

Just my opinion of course, but the M1A1 is built on the best semi-auto platform ever invented. If you're trying to stay away from the AR platform then that's the ticket. Again, just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyHermit

More than likely when I get the cash that's what I will be buying. I would love to have the Scar 17, but i'm not gona spend 3 grand for one.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think I have decided to go with the m1a Socom II in a configuration similar to this picture, without the bipod and most likely a higher quality red dot.

beatingstick.net...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Don't think you'll go wrong. Save up for a 308 ACOG. Fast target acquisition (minimal magnification, though) but the best of the best to me. Hunting rifles are a good place to put 8-20x50 scopes, the SOCOM is a great place for an ACOG 308. Just steer away from the horseshoe sighting system. The chevron sighting system helps target pinpointing much better.

Trijicon's website will give you all you need to know about them.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyHermit

Yes that would edfinetly seem like the way to go. It just sucks that trijicon prices them around 900$ and up.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TraptInTheSystem

If cash is no issue then i would recommend Sako.

5 shot MOA out of the box.
edit on 25-4-2011 by AtraxRobustus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AtraxRobustus

Well either way i'm going to have to spend a grand. Hell even the Saiga's aren't cheap around here. Last time I saw the pricing for a Saiga it was 800 bucks.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
primaryweapons.com...

I was looking around again and also fond this. It has a short stroke piston, so it would be a little more reliable than a DI, but I don't know if there is any carrier tilt?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Sako makes some great long rifles and of course the M24 is a tried and true rifle that is for sure. Accuracy Int has some great set up's if you can afford a little more. If you haven't already looked into them. Extremely accurate rifles. But depending on your need and want I can understand if that doesn't suit your purpose.

Ah from your link above maybe check into Barret instead of Accuracy Int.
edit on 4/25/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

I have looked into the ones you have listed. I'm more or less just looking for a .308 blaster that is capabalbe of making around 300 yard shots.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

If a 308 doesn't hit up to 900 it isn't worth the money you lay down on it to be honest. Check out impact guns they have a good list of prices, and manufacturers to help you sort it out. Springfield Arms is a great manu, for the type of gun you are looking for. Saiga is descent but shotties are their bread and butter, I would stick with Springfield then.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

I just threw the Saiga into the mix because I am already familiar with the style because I already have a wasr-10/63 and have seen some Saiga .308's getting 2 MOA, but you'd have to be lucky to get that out of a stock Saiga .308

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's just me again.

With the economy what it is and only getting deeper try looking around at pawn shops and local gun shops for trade ins or consignments. Put the word out to your local guys and maybe they can come up with something. Gun Broker is good, too, but I'd rather deal face to face. Locally here my buddy's gun shop just had an old Garand come through in good shape and a M1A national match come in at $1100. That won't last long at all, even if it needs rebedding. I think a new in the box M1A Scout is running $1750-$1800. With the wealth of good gunsmiths out there and the simplicity of the M1A you can get one worked on pretty easily. Springfield is GREAT with their customer service, even on used rifles. The magazines are god-awful expensive, though.

The ACOG is pricey, for sure. However, they never need a battery...the tritium lasts for a guaranteed 20 years and as long as there's enough light to tickle the fiber optic wire they work forever.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Aint sure what they are in USD however if you cant afford a Sako (you're not alone) then Tikka are made in the same factory in Finland and are cheaper. I used my friends Tikka T3 Lite chambered in .243 (SS barrel) out on a hunt last year and it proved to be a fantastic rifle. They come in .308 too no problem.

Cheers and good luck,

Tony

P.S - learn to shoot bolt action first.
edit on 11-5-2011 by AtraxRobustus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Awesome gun!! I was looking at one yesterday when I picked up my new Glock

I would love to pick one up and have plans to save a couple grand for my next firearm. It would be such an easy choice if there weren't so many awesome guns at the $2k+ price point.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Main Battle Rifle in .308 AKA 7.62×51mm NATO
first they dont come cheap...
but I would advise to take a close look at the Fn SCAR 17...

SCAR 17 reviwed here

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Get a Kel Tec RFB. They're badass!!

www.keltecweapons.com...
edit on 12-5-2011 by deesul69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by deesul69 because: trying to get vids to work

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join