It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Florida Pastor Terry Jones Goes Face to Face with Dearborn Imam

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

You're ignoring the whole issue and trying to turn it into some moral debate about free speech. What he's doing is NOT free speech it is incitement. If he was saying he didn't agree with the Quran and was giving his opinion about the book that would be different. But burning it is an act of incitement to violence, no different to burning a cross whilst dressed in white sheets would be.
Theres a difference between having an opinion and performing stunts intended to cause violence. I'm not saying some of the extreme reactions to his Quran burning were justified but it IS his fault. The guy is a lit match hovering a centimetre above a keg of gunpowder to put it bluntly. If his irresponsible actions result in more blood it will be on HIS hands as well as those who commit whatever retaliation might occur, especially since he knows what his actions will provoke.
Thats another thing, why do you think he does it? He's not some free speech champion, he's looking for this reaction so he can justify his twisted world view that attacks all Muslims because he is a BIGOT.
How many deaths were there throughout the west as a result of his actions? None. But a bunch of deaths in one riot in one country which also happens to be occupied by the country many would say his views represent is seen by so many people like him as some sort of proof that it's not his fault and it's because of their religion. He is not some free speech hero, he's a menace.
That being said, let him have his protest (without the guns preferably) and I hope the counter protest gets right in his face.
edit on 22-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: I can't spell

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Why do you even bother to come here?

This isn't a muslim bashing site.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

If you are forced to deal with someone who is a blowhard often enough there comes a time when you might just have to stand in said person's face and say "bring it on", hopefully with the intent not of getting your own face rearranged, but to get the nut to shut up and contain himself and stop intimidating everyone.

That is what this misguided reverend is doing. He has volunteered himself to stand in the face of radical Islam and basically say "I dare you" to react with violence; not to get himself killed, but to force them to exert control over their radical elements and STFU.

The overreaction of Islam worldwide to any and every perceived slight is getting tiresome. I have no use for the sort of religion this reverend practices, but I have some sympathy for the role he is playing in this circumstance. I am not sure he even has this figured out fully, but I think he is doing us a service. The pandering of that so-called (Christian) expert in getting religions to cooperate to the Imam in the video was disgusting. The media had one task to accomplish: sensationalize the hell out the situation to boost ratings and fuel fear in the public eye.
edit on 4/23/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join