It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2011 Lyrid Meteor Shower,April 21st-22nd....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

FIRE IN THE SKY...

I figured that I would throw this up in case i slipped anyones minds...I know that I watch every meteor shower that I get th chance to. Its just amazing I think how the atmosphere works to protect us the way it does...

Every year in late April Earth passes through the dusty tail of Comet Thatcher (C/1861 G1), and the encounter causes a meteor shower--the Lyrids. This year the shower peaks on Friday morning, April 22nd. The best time to look, no matter where you live, is during the hours before dawn. Forecasters expect 10 to 20 meteors per hour visible from dark-sky sites.

Lyrid meteors appear to stream from the bright star Vega in the constellation Lyra:

Meteor Shower Link

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Thanks for the reminder, I enjoy watching this. Not sure about fire in the sky though.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

it was just the headline that I took from the aricle...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

edit on 21-4-2011 by dude69 because: nevermind

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I live in So Cal. Tonight in the Western sky I saw a bright blue light like an explosion that lit up the entire horizon and half of the sky. I did not hear any sounds. I think it was a meteor but I didn't see the meteor just the explosion. It was pretty amazing!!

new topics

top topics

join