It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Pact: Minnesota Teens Haylee Fentress and Paige Moravetz Commit Suicide at Slumber Party

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
Or, perhaps he see life a transitory state... We will ALL end up where these two young people went so or later. So they miss out on having children, getting in debt, working their lives to make someone else rich, and in the end, are right where they will be 60-70 years from now... Look at the positive. Maybe they will reincarnate into another life the were really meant for.

its always better to consider the sunny days verses focus on the rainy days.

What does life give post 14 years old?
Good movies, sex, weddings and other celebrations, festivals, chocolate coated pretzels, the first new car/house/boat, fishing, skydiving, philosophy, music, seeing your first child enter into a world, kickin arse on some n00b in a video game you mastered, finding a piece of art that moves something in you, more sex using rubber things, jet skiing, kitten videos on youtube, owning your own cat/dog, hugging people you love, laughing, etc

the average life (especially in the west) is overflowing with really positive and happy experiences in life...most of which happens so much that it goes by unnoticed. we are soo conditioned for positive that it barely registers on our scale of impact,so, we focus on the negative bits of life and become depressed.

Its good to point out to others the exceptionally long list of things that kick ass in life and compare it to the list of things that kick your ass in life for perspective.

Yes! Good points. Some see "happy" experiences as just that, happy. Other just can't seem to find joy in much. Maybe it's a chemical imbalance? I know I used to be "happier". Now that I'm older, happy things are harder to see through all the other stuff we complicate our life with. Been dreaming, pining really, of the good old days, living on a Greek island with not too many worries. I'd like to sell everything and move back for the next 20 and finish this journey there. I guess it's a pipe dream but the more I think about it, the more I'm ready to pull the trigger (not like that) and start selling so I can start living again...

Taxes come once a year, laughing can be daily.

new topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join