It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Pact: Minnesota Teens Haylee Fentress and Paige Moravetz Commit Suicide at Slumber Party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

A slumber party in Minnesota ended in tragedy when two eighth grade girls fulfilled a suicide pact, killing themselves and leaving behind suicide notes telling their families that they loved them. The bodies of best friends Haylee Fentress and Paige Moravetz, both 14, were discovered Saturday by Fentress' mother, Tracy Morrison.

Article Source

What is going on in the mind of children and teenagers these days? Maybe it is how their minds are adapting to the outside world and what they understand in their eyes. This is a terrible event. Hopefully we can stop this from happening.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

What the hell is wrong with you? Seriously, how miserable do you have to be to get this way?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Nothing wrong with me at all.

2 mentally unstable individuals removed themselves from the planet. Is it not better they do it early and by themselves, as opposed to later, and taking others with them?
edit on 21-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You sound mentally unstable yourself, with no regard to these two lives; now gone.
And here you sit and talk [snip] and really you have no clue as to what drove them to this breaking point. No regard for human life. No regard for anothers feeling. Peace.
edit on 23/4/11 by argentus because: removed censor circumvention

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thats what happens when children wake from the matrix. Info and emotional overload, so much that they come to the conclusion that there is no hope and/or future for them in this world. There is always hope.

-God bless their poor souls

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

2 mentally unstable individuals removed themselves from the planet. Is it not better they do it early and by themselves, as opposed to later, and taking others with them?

Nice opinion. These are 14 yr old girls you are talking about and we don't have much insight into their lives. Sure they probably were not "Normal" but by the sounds of your a**hole posts you don't sound "Normal" either.

Have some respect.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknownman024

You sound mentally unstable yourself, with no regard to these two lives; now gone.
And here you sit and talk s*** and really you have no clue as to what drove them to this breaking point. No regard for human life. No regard for anothers feeling. Peace.

I don't care. I didn't know these girls, didn't know their families. Why should I feel bad when people I don't know die?

Given that someone on the planet dies every few seconds, do you spend your entire day weeping for those you do not know? I don't care about other peoples feelings. Emotions are best kept to oneself. If you let what others say affect you, you are insecure in your own mind.

Grow up.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

you're probably a bully, and shun those who you assume to be mentally unstable. how many mentally unstable people have you tried to help in your life? How many mentally unstable people have you judged in your life? how many times have you contributed to others' mental instabilities? how many times have you desired to cause others pain?

where is the benefit in your reply?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

from the sound of your post i believe the world would be a better place if you removed yourself from it

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

I'm an ahole because I dont care that 2 people I never knew killed themselves?

Some people are simply born defective. If they choose to remove themselves from the gene pool, why should anyone feel bad?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think children don't fully understand the impact of suicide. Suicide pacts have the added dimension of peer pressure to follow through and commit the deed.

Tragic... regardless of the circumstances.

May God have mercy....

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by doyouremember

Not a bully at all. I live my life by one simple motto: Don't "f" with me, and I won't "f" with you.

Its pretty simple actually. Never been a bully, never was bullied.

Lol look at the emotion in the replies to my posts, this is hilarious.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Nobody said you should care. We said you shouldn't go out of your way to praise and celebrate it. You understand the difference, right? Actually, you were demonstrating that you cared -- in a positive way, but clearly, it wasn't neutral to you. Your words are right there for everyone to see, so lying about it now won't help you.

"Grow up" indeed.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

And here you sit and talk s*** and really you have no clue as to what drove them to this breaking point. No regard for human life. No regard for anothers feeling. Peace.

do you spend your entire day weeping for those you do not know? I don't care about other peoples feelings.

no i don't but i don't spend my time insulting them either
edit on 21/4/11 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Extreme bullying at school had to do with it, my news channel said this morning. People don't realize the pain they cause others, especially kids. This is so sad.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by mudbeed

I'm an ahole because I dont care that 2 people I never knew killed themselves?

Some people are simply born defective. If they choose to remove themselves from the gene pool, why should anyone feel bad?

I'm guessing that you're fairly young. I'm also guessing that you've never known someone who has commited suicide... or maybe you have and that is the source of your angst. I hope that someday you will develop a sense of compasion for your fellow human beings.

link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

We said you shouldn't go out of your way to praise and celebrate it.

I didn't go out of my way. I am not throwing a party, or having a "2 nutjobs killed themselves, lets have a parade" parade.

I simply said it was good they did it before they killed anyone else.

link   

I don't care. I didn't know these girls, didn't know their families. Why should I feel bad when people I don't know die?

Given that someone on the planet dies every few seconds, do you spend your entire day weeping for those you do not know? I don't care about other peoples feelings. Emotions are best kept to oneself. If you let what others say affect you, you are insecure in your own mind.

Grow up.

Ahh I see. It is other people's problems when they tell you are you are an ass to rip on girls who killed themselves?

Sounds like you are the one who hasn't learned a damn thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

32, had a good friend kill himself about 10 years ago. Sure i was sad for a few days since I actually knew him.

Compassion, like religion, is best kept to yourself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join