It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares Fukushima a no-go zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Japan declares Fukushima a no-go zoneUnder the order, which goes into effect at midnight local time, it will be illegal to enter a 20km (12-mile) evacuation zone around the Fukushima nuclear reactor
Share16 Justin McCurry in Tokyo guardian.co.uk, Thursday 21 April 2011 05.58 BST Article history

"The plant is not stable," he told reporters. "We have been asking residents not to enter the area as there is a huge risk to their safety."

Under the order, people who enter the zone without permission face fines of up to 100,000 yen and possible arrest.

story here
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Ya think? It was a no-go zone the moment the reactor core melted and turned into Chernobyl. Now anyone that goes there, don't expect to be stopped, go at your own risk.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Now would be the perfect time to nuke fukushima, the people evacuated, the soil already irradiated and the Japanese admit the site is out of control. An atomic munition that would consume all the nuclear fuel and material and create a crater a quarter of a mile deep that would fill with cold seawater.

It would effectively solve a multitude of problems for Japan and the rest of the world, This thing is not going to stop until we, the human race, stop it..,

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

No need to nuke the site when you could use a series of Vacuum bombs. They are "green" nuclear bombs in that they are non radioactive in nature and can glass the landscape just the same. Perhaps a few of those after 6 bunker buster bombs to clear the way.

Talked about this in another thread, the response was generally that it would burn the fuel and create an even greater mess. I also talked about Liquid Helium 3 and Nitrogen with the response being that it would cause an explosion. Tepco decided to go ahead with Nitrogen and it has yet to produce an explosion.

The Almighty Father of all Bombs.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
This thing is not going to stop until we, the human race, stop it..,

I agree but I don't know if a nuke is the right answer.

er.. how not stable in the sense that it is now more unstable than it has ever been? What does that mean exactly? I hear next to nothing about Japan on the news anymore. I wonder what they are trying to cover up?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

It means that there is danger of it attaining critical and exploding. It is better a controlled detonation of a specific size, type and time then whatever chance throws our way. Atomic consumes, nuclear could trigger the other nuclear material into the largest nuclear explosion ever, possibly a planet killer. imo

new topics

top topics

join