It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as Nibiru/Planet X or any other doomsday planet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by sitchin

Nonsense

you really need to do your homework on ancient history before posting dribble

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Well, how is the content of that link wrong? Enlighten us!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

reply to post by sitchin

Well, how is the content of that link wrong? Enlighten us!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91e9cfa39 Ancient Sumerian Tablet, The 1st recorded civilization on earth. 5000BC (Iraq)
Showing the entire solar system mapped out including an extra planet. baring in mind in the modern world we discovered Pluto in the 1930s, and that the world was considered flat in the middle ages.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Just that Pluto isn't a planet...there's objects larger than Pluto in our solar system. So either way, their number's off whether you count Pluto or not

You say I have to brush up my knowledge of history...seems to me it's more like you requiring to brush up your basic knowledge of astronomy

edit on 23-4-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

reply to post by sitchin

Just that Pluto isn't a planet...there's objects larger than Pluto in our solar system. So either way, their number's off whether you count Pluto or not

given the date of there knowledge id say that they were in the know ..pretty accurate for an ancient culture considering we could only check out this data in the last 50 years or so..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

reply to post by sitchin

You say I have to brush up my knowledge of history...seems to me it's more like you requiring to brush up your basic knowledge of astronomy

i study ancient history not astronomy, but i think your missing the big picture on how the Sumerian's gained these star maps ..the Sumerian's claimed they were given this knowledge not that they were all knowing..my question is who give them this information

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Well, given that their knowledge was wrong in this case, if their claim of having been given that knowledge from someone (aliens, right?) is true, it means whoever gave it to them was giving them wrong information

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

reply to post by sitchin

Well, given that their knowledge was wrong in this case, if their claim of having been given that knowledge from someone (aliens, right?) is true, it means whoever gave it to them was giving them wrong information
very childish response ..given that tablet is dated around 5/6 thousand years old and shows all the planets going around the sun and a extra planet which is the debated planet x ,your nick picking on alignments is laughable ,you cant hide the facts that the Sumerian culture had knowledge handed to them which we can only now begin to analyse ..just like knowledge was handed to us by modern day methods ..all modern cultures have taken Sumerian values as their own......ill have to agree to disagree with you on your posts ..thanks for your input on a truly fascinating subject

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

I'm not nitpicking about the alignment of the planets...I highlight that the number mentioned is just plain wrong. Hell, even ignoring this mythical planet X for which we haver zero objective evidence, their number is incorrect

Not sure why you'd call facts "childish" though

I'm not even downplaying the achievements of the Sumerians...I'm saying people who claim "they were right" when they're demonstrably not are silly.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

lol you cant say forsure that nothing or something is coming for us..
what do you think made earth the way it is?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by g146541

I posted it here because i thought it was the best place to discuss it.

There are only a million existing threads where you could have posted your opinion on this. The real reason you started this thread was because you seek attention. No new facts, nothing, just your opinion. I'm surprised that the mods even let this stay as an active thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Jupiter is easy to spot in the sky even if you don't know where to look since it is so bright.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

... but we decide that any ancient culture that mentioned an extra body in our solar system was completely daft.

No ancient culture mentioned an extra body in the solar system in fact no ancient cultures knew of any objects other than the planets Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter. In fact, some ancient cultures do not mention Mercury.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Existence is a tenuous and nebulous word better suited to philosophy.

Actually it is possible to prove that there cannot be an unknown planet that enters the orbits of the known planets. That is why the proposal for an object called Nemesis was dropped. It was shown that an object could not be entering the inner parts of the solar system every 26 million years. Such an orbit was not possible in the long term.

In this case does not exist is a proper term.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

The Wired article gives a quick overview of the idea of an object in the outer parts of the solar system. But such an object is out like 1/3 of a light year or further and never comes closer. At best it affects objects in the Oort cloud. The object is not considered to be associated with extinctions. The original article gives the probability of the existence of Tyche slightly better than a coin flip.

Tyche is not Nibiru or Planet X. It might exist. It might not. It does not have the properties of Nibiru or Planet X.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

A picture of that which does not exist.

This is getting easier.
edit on 23-4-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

What if planet x is made of pure black, matt coloured rock? That would render it invisible.
No light radiation from the sun would reflect off it.
No proof exists one way or the other as to it's existence, so an open mind is the most sensible option.
Don't completely discount it yet!!

The Moon is bright in the night sky and it is a poor reflector of light.

Even if the object in question did not reflect light at all it would still be detected by its mass. The closest an Earth sized piece of rock can be is 70Au. Any closer than that and its gravitational affects on the known planets would show its existence.

1. The suggestion fails because nothing is a perfect black body for absorption
2. Gravitational effects would still be there

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Hello there, AlexIR. Quite a statement there. Care to post for us your credentials as an astral scientist and cosmologist? If you do not possess no such credentials, then please retract your statement and apologize. And sorry to burst your bubble, but Sitchin was not the only Sumerian translator. Look here, this guy did it in 1915:
www.archive.org...

J.A. Halloran wrote a book on it: "Sumerian Lexicon: A Dictionary Guide to the Ancient Sumerian Language"

I myself heard about Nibiru and the Annunaki from my uncle, a General Dynamic Engineer, long before I heard the name "Sitchin." Why is he always the only one given any credence on this?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I do not believe in this supposed planet.

If somehow some huge planet comes out of nowhere in the near future, I will eat my foot.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
files.abovetopsecret.com...

A picture of that which does not exist.

This is getting easier.
edit on 23-4-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

Well done, you found a supernova remnant 25,000 lightyears away.

Let's throw a party in your honor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join