It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75% of electoral seats could go to Muslim Brotherhood says spokesperson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Link

Linked to Al-Qaeda, the Brotherhood is understood to be multiplying and organizing from the mosques. According to their spokesperson, they expect to win 75 per cent of the electoral seats they contest in September’s election.

Some expect something more sinister.

There might be a deal between the army and the Muslim Brotherhood to share power and basically hijack the whole revolution,” says Younes Abouyoub, Middle East scholar at Columbia University. “This is the oldest and the best organized political movement in opposition so far.And of course, if the field is more or less level after Mubarak has gone, they have more chances than others who are not well organized.

This does not surprise me in the least. I already
expected the Muslim Brotherhood to take power in
Egypt but it was not my suspicion that they could
even remotely have a chance of 75%. The article
pointed out that Washington is already in Egypt
trying to get cozy with whoever will take power but the
big question then becomes, is Washington willing to
ally themselves with a possible MB government in
Egypt? Well of course they must, it was the CIA
which caused this Revolution which will most likely
put them in power.

I just wonder how Israel will feel having an ally of
Hamas right on their doorstep with a Westernized
military and a deep hostility towards their nation and
people.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It's is not linked to al Q and it's is not extreme, it is a liberal Muslim party with a centered points of view.

I have been to Egypt and I know some folks that are with that party it is nonsense.

And the military will never allow it to take over.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

It has links with the United States and Britain elite, so it is very much linked to CIAEIDA

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What happens to the Mid-East if Islamists come into power everywhere?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The Egyptians are concerned that they may have got rid of the dictator but they haven’t got rid of the dictatorship,” says James Denselow, a Middle East expert from Kings College London. “There are deep concerns as to whether the reforms have gone far enough, whether the restrictions, and the role of the military is still too great for true freedom to emerge in Egypt, and that’s the debate that’s polarizing society in Egypt right now.”

But without the army, comes a power vacuum. And the Muslim Brotherhood is poised to step into that vacuumperipheralrevision.wordpress.com...

This is what I have expected all along...

I feel jaded for saying it...but its nearly all but done.

“It’s very worrying to see so many advisors from Washington arriving in Cairo, and perhaps trying to hijack the revolution for Washington’s ends,” said journalist and author Afshin Rattansi. “We must always remember that Egypt was a strategic lynch-pin in Washington’s foreign policy, that all-important Suez Canal and the Nile River basin. So we’ll see the forces aligned against any leader that does emerge in Egypt, Washington will definitely try and get it on side.”

But what if it is the Muslim Brotherhood? Although the West has had some dealings with the Brotherhood, it acted very differently towards its root organization, Hamas, classified by some countries as a terrorist organization.

peripheralrevision.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Am I correct in assuming they have a parlimentary system of government in Egypt?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Great video about what was discussed in the OP.

new topics

top topics

join