It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona gov. vetoes presidential 'birther' bill

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by The Old American
but the bill just puts into state law what the Constitution allows for. It certainly isn't unconstitutional.

/TOA

Can you please show me where the constitution outlines baptimsal and circumcision certificates as proof of citizenship as well as any wording allowing any 1 state to have different eligibilty requirements from the other 49?

No, because there isn't any such requirements, as I suspect you know. But there is a requirement for the POTUS to be a natural-born citizen.. At least Az. was willing to accept another form of proof other than a long-form birth certificate. Looks to me like they were practically bending over backward to make it easy. Do you think it's too much to ask the prospective leader of our country to provide some sort of proof of that small qualification?

/TOA

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I came across this website of some town in India and they get it:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7df625268d0.gif[/atsimg]

"Registration of birth and death is compulsory"
Wink, wink.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by backinblack
So tell me, how does a Short Form 100% prove all requirements of "natural born citizenship" ??

Because in the US it is legally accepted proof that he was born in Hawaii and to whom.

When I applied for a passport I was required to provide a long-form birth certificate. I find it hard to believe that the same wouldn't be required to run the country. But the way things are run, I can believe they would accept magic beans.

Edit to add: I live in Texas. Arizona may not have a long-form.

/TOA
edit on 19-4-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Might want to look up Miki Booth's long-form birth certificate that she recently received for the second time since Obama's presidency. It is dated March 15, 2011 with the stamp of Alvin Onaka, the state register. There is also another one out there who has been able to obtain a long-form birth certificate from Hawaii in recent days, that is before they changed the law last week.

www.thepostemail.com...

And using FactCheck as any sort of factual resource, come on _javascript:icon('
')

www.thepostemail.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Birthers had a point at one point in time, but that time has passed. This issue has been resolved, except in the minds of the morons that continue to propagate it. No amount of proof will ever satisfy the so-called "birthers" because the movement itself is just a ruse used by racists and/or idiots that want a Barack out of office. Yes, that is my thesis: if you're a birther; you are racist and/or stupid. I'm not a fan of Mr. Obama so far, but neither am I a secret racist imbecile like the birthers. Birthers do not want to engage in intelligent debate on policies and such so they've fabricated, or perhaps simply embraced, an idea that appeals to their laziness/racism.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tungus

Good for her! I'm as anti-Obama as a person can get, but this silliness is well, just silly

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
At least Az. was willing to accept another form of proof other than a long-form birth certificate.
Except a short form birth certificate. And a US passport.

Are you seriously going to argue with a straight face that a “baptismal or circumcision certificate” is more acceptable proof of citizenship than a certified short form birth certificate issued by a state, or a passport issued by the Department of State?

When I applied for a passport I was required to provide a long-form birth certificate.
No one from Hawaii, or the other states that issue short form birth certificates, must be able to get passports then...

Do you think it's too much to ask the prospective leader of our country to provide some sort of proof of that small qualification?
He has. You are not convinced? Don’t vote for him.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DABIGRAGU

It is dated March 15, 2011

FAIL. It is dated March 15, 2001.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Are you seriously going to argue with a straight face that a “baptismal or circumcision certificate” is more acceptable proof of citizenship than a certified short form birth certificate issued by a state, or a passport issued by the Department of State?

And if Obama submitted such a document, the 'birthers' would demand he prove he was circumsized

I'm sure that Jan Brewer would love to be AZSoS again just for that.

No one from Hawaii, or the other states that issue short form birth certificates, must be able to get passports then...

Yeah, the State Department has a whole lot of passports out there they better start invalidating due to insufficient proof of citizenship.
edit on 19/4/2011 by rnaa because: add another comment

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Of course I'm not going to argue that. Only someone irrational and clinically insane would get that from anything I've written. What I said, paraphrasing, was that at least they're giving an out for someone that doesn't have a long-form.

When I applied for a passport I was required to provide a long-form birth certificate.

I edited my post to say I'm from Texas. I wouldn't know about other states as I don't live there. But here I was required to provide one.

Do you think it's too much to ask the prospective leader of our country to provide some sort of proof of that small qualification?

He has. You are not convinced? Don’t vote for him.

I am not a birther. My post history tells you that. I don't even care if it was found he was born in Kenya. His mother was a citizen, which makes him one. The fact that I won't vote for him has nothing to do with his birth. It has to do with his life.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There has been a question of my motivation for questioning Mr. Obama's citizenship.
I happen to be of the view that requiring a presidential candidate to be born in the USA
is elitist, racist and exclusive.
I was not born in this country --it excludes me, therefore is exclusive.
Since I am of a slightly different color, therefore the requirement is racist.
Since only the uber rich become presidents it is elitist.
I support amending the constitution on the citizenship requirement.
That way I can run for President of the USA.
My multicultural qualifications will bring to the table not some
dinky little countries like Kenya or Indonesia.
I will bring the great Russia and India on board.
Together we will restore the order to the galaxy!
Join me!
If you only knew the power of the...
...ahem,
I have finished disclosing my intentions.
Thank you.
edit on 19-4-2011 by tungus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Jan Brewer, another big political phony.

Just like the big phony republican hold-out, and then giving in at the last minute, for cutting the deficit.

Just like the up-and-coming big phony republican hold-out, and then giving in at the last minute, for not raising the debt ceiling.

They are so absolutely transparent, both sides.

They only fool morons.

Unfortunately, that IS the largest voting block in the country.

It will NEVER change.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Didn't Hollywood make a movie about that unit that starred Nicholas Cage? What a perfect actor that was chosen to represent the Navajo people.

Yes. The movie was titled 'Windtalkers'.

Cage did not play an Indian. He played a 'regular' marine assigned to protect them and make sure the Codetalkers were not captured by the enemy.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
i have a question

could a foreigner be president just as good as a person born in the us?

Uhh... no..it's illegal (unconstitutional)
If a "foriegner" was from say portugal(?) and we were deliberating going to war with portugal the "foreigner"s decisions would be biased in some way not favoring the united states. That's kinda important when you are the top bannana.
And being as it would be fraud to hold that office knowing you were not eligible it provides "leverage" if someone finds out and blackmails you " (don't) sign this bill or I'll "go public".

Thisisan important issue laughed off by too many Obamabots:..For all the same reasons high security clearance background investigations get into "lifestyle" issues.( "drugs sex& rock n' roll"?)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Issue resolved? Only for those without the courage to ask the questions - www.thepostemail.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Are some folks REALLY caught on the "Obama is not American" theory these days? He was born in this country.

Please, for the sake of sanity, get over it.
edit on 20-4-2011 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Are some folks REALLY caught on the "Obama is not American" theory these days? He was born in this country.

Please, for the sake of sanity, get over it.
edit on 20-4-2011 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

Bite your toungue

I like watching them poke holes in their ship!

I think Trump is a fantastic element to the right wing. I do hope he gets lots of press coverege

I used to try and explain, gave links to the birth certificate, links to the news headlines 40 years ago, etc etc etc...now I encourage that
I only wish they were also screaming he is a reptilian...that would make me ever so happy...meh, can't win em all.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle
Issue resolved? Only for those without the courage to ask the questions - www.thepostemail.com...

OK, here's my question - why would this web site state that they have a pic of a long form BC that was received from the state of Hawaii in March 2011, when it's clearly marked at the bottom March 20-0-1? www.thepostemail.com...

Great source
Please do better or don't bother.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It's just so ridiculous. These people don't need proof, they'll dismiss it no matter what. These are the same people who would even despise the president if he found the cure to cancer.

Granted, I'm not the biggest fan of Obama but for crying out loud, there's enough to bash the guy for without making up rumors.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
These are the same people who would even despise the president if he found the cure to cancer.

So your saying he is now attacking cancer americans!
What gives him the right to make judgements like a god?
Who does he think he is?!!

When will this madman stop!!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join