It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I help myself feel better?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I always take everything to serious in life. I beat myself for not being like everyone else. I'm jealous of people different from me. How can I stop being depressed in life?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i get the same way,im a reject because im not the sheep in the huge line of sheep being led to slaughter,but hey,its better to be extraordinary then plain ass ordinary,if u get down,get high get drunk,go for a power walk write,anything to vent,talking is best, u cant bottle it up,or youll collapse under the pressure,trust me i deal with what ur feeling 24/7,its not easy,but hey, at least your unique,we need more people like u believe me,more people like us

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You beat yourself up because you not like everyone else? Friend, being like everyone else will lead you to a life of misery. Accept who you are.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

I always take everything to serious in life.
Life is but a game.

I beat myself for not being like everyone else.
“You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same” - unkown

I'm jealous of people different from me.
l see...so WHY, if you want to "fit in" and be just like everyone else, are you posting on ATS?

How can I stop being depressed in life?
"No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change." - Barbara de Angelis

edit on 17-4-2011 by 211220121111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I believe I understand where you guys are coming from. Life is to stressful being lonely. I'm putting myself in a prison.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

i get the same way,im a reject because im not the sheep
And you find that depressing, rather than uplifting, empowering and enlightening? Geez, why the hell do you guys care so much what a bunch of BRAIN DEAD MORONS think of you? Ahhh...the complexities of life.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 211220121111

lol all dumb i choose to be this way obviously,doesnt mean it doesnt get stressful at times,because we rely on others for survival regardless, whether it be getting a job,family issues,relationship issues u know, try getting a spoonful of hate a day because of it,itll bring ya down a but,like they say the truth hurts

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 211220121111

I know were you're coming from. But think about it! You see everyone living their lives and being loved by others. I'm always in my room 24/7. I need some hobbies. Should I learn a trade and get a job? Make money! Donate to charity and spend a little on the side too.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
I always take everything to serious in life. I beat myself for not being like everyone else. I'm jealous of people different from me. How can I stop being depressed in life?

What do you Focus on ? Is it the Here and Now.. what you are doing in each second, or, is it on every other thing instead?

How you experience Life is your choice...

If you let your mind run off into worrying, the negative thoughts, all the inner 'victimhood movies'.. then that is how you will experience your life. Each thought brings up an uncomfortable Feeling and together they overpower you... so you live in Reaction to everything.

If you learn to Focus your mind on One Thing at a time, what you are doing Now, then you will become Master of Yourself. It's not east to begin with as you have to keep pulling your mind's focus back to what you are doing every 10 to 20 seconds, but, over 30 to 40 days you will establish Focusing as a behaviour pattern.

And you will live by having Choice. Then you will notice how your experience of Life is changing for the better.

edit on 17-4-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

you definately need to find outlets besides internet, but yes i totally see what u mean by how others get along in their lives being loved,relationships n what not,laughing,squawking,F'ing, whatever,but what i realised is how fake most of their situations are,they are all based on capitalism and their whole lives and interactions are contingent on the fact that if they got the ducketts or not to throw around, try this,not easy, but gather around 10 grand and see how many people love you,blow it and see whats left,nothing or noone,been there done that,people are fake anyways ur not missing much,just find some healthy outlets ull be fine

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Should I learn a trade and get a job? Make money!
Yeah, having a job and making money...the ultimate goal in life.
There is no set guidelines on how you should live...or how life is meant to be lived...only other people telling you how to live it. I understand that resources just don't pop out of thin air, and jobs are necessary...but this system is profoundly corrupt and backwards...I believe in a type of "open source" community, where all the work and resources and shared freely among all people (each person would be limited to a set mount of resources each day)...but people don't believe that's even possible, because they think Humans are too evil and corrupt for anything like that to work...and that really says a lot about the human species doesn't it? At this stage we are a plague on this Earth, and if aliens decide to wipe us out I wouldn't try to argue their decision.

You see everyone living their lives and being loved by others. I'm always in my room 24/7. I need some hobbies.
Yeah, well what you obviously need is to socialize more. Hobbies can help with that, but they'll usually act in the opposite way. I don't know, it's a complicated issue, especially when people like us find it hard to socialize with others. The best thing you can do is learn to enjoy the quite and time to yourself, use it to learn and increase your knowledge of certain topics. Learn to live without constant emotional support from others...think of it like a monk who travels out to the desert for long periods of meditation and self-reflection. No one really understands the importance of these things anymore.

edit on 17-4-2011 by 211220121111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Learn to appreciate the fact that you are unique, that there is nobody else exactly like you in the world and there never has been or will be. You are created by nature and have a reason to be here just as everything else does.
Why would you want to be like everyone else when it's impossible. There is no "like everyone else", they're all unique and different too.
It;s a slow and painful process to find out who you are but is what makes a life my friend.
It took me many, many years to finally accept myself for who I am and love myself for it.
Happiness is in many ways a choice. Either you control events or they control you.
In the end you can be happy irrespective of circumstances.

Just to relate my own story I have battled depression for over 30 years. I was never sure why since I was healthy and had everything I wanted pretty much. 3 years ago I contracted a virus that reacted within my spinal cord that left me partially paralyzed. I had a bunch of bones in my neck cut out that never healed correctly and I now deal with chronic pain. My first diagnosis was that I had a fatal cancer (which turned out wrong). Just thinking about dying led to discover many things. Despite not being able work or do many things I used to I'm happier now than I was before.
I know that may not make sense but I've finally settled on what I want. I just want to be happy so I have made the choice to be that whatever happens to me. To do otherwise is to waste your life.
Stop thinking so much and start doing. Staying busy is one of the best cures for you. Stay curious, stay creative. take your dreams and begin working towards them in whatever ways you can, just get started.
There is a big, beautiful world full of mysteries outside your door.
Quit staring at the walls and try staring at the stars.
But start doing and you will feel alive, I guarantee it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Very inspirational story! I am sure many on this site can relate in one form or another to your experience. It's a message many here (including me) should take to heart. It is a choice you make to be either miserable, lonely or depressed. (I am sure there are some chemical reactions that might cause the above, but that's a different story) Sometimes, it's difficult to realize there is a world outside your walls, and people out there are connected and alive! I forget this myself sometimes as its easy to do. Your story made me realize we all have our inner demons, and it's up to us to exorcise them! Thank you for your positive thoughts and reminders!

new topics

top topics

join