It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahi Hawass Sentenced to Prison

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Zahi Hawass is a bit of a prick, and an astute one to pick up a buck that may be lying around no doubt.(that whole corruption thing is the WAY OF LIFE over there, so ill with hold my judgement on that score...But he seems too egomaniacal NOT to have garnered considerable monies as well as the considerable fame and glory
he has managed to heap upon ancient egyptians and by inference himself too.....
Zahi Hawass is merely a product of his time and social position...probably no more or no less honest as any of the other egyptian ministers who have managed to benefit themselves and their families from their public service....
I never like tha arrogant so and so, and he always seemed to be about something shadey or hokey when it came to his public endeavours....
TV shows etc...a real snake oil salesman....

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
the suppression of knowledge and truth is an unforgivable sin of the highest order...Hawass was a master of the suppression of some of mankinds most valuable history, so i hope this is true...one year of hard labor is not nearly long enough for the travesties this man has been behind...

Best prove it, cuz talk is cheap. I love hearing how history is being suppressed, because somebody selling a book told them so, and how Egyptians could not have built the pyramids...when I've spoken to people who have personally excavated the tools they used.

And a straw poll I did among some archaeologists, while generating no strong praise for his personality, applauded Hawass for his protection of Egypt's antiquities for those who own it.

If the museum facilities there are not up to Western standards...then the West can support bringing them up to best practices, including security. Let's not forget, whether a digger has an e-tool and a flashlight, or a PhD and an endowment, unless the people of Egypt are an integral part of the deal - looting is still looting.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
the suppression of knowledge and truth is an unforgivable sin of the highest order...Hawass was a master of the suppression of some of mankinds most valuable history, so i hope this is true...one year of hard labor is not nearly long enough for the travesties this man has been behind...

Best prove it, cuz talk is cheap. I love hearing how history is being suppressed, because somebody selling a book told them so, and how Egyptians could not have built the pyramids...when I've spoken to people who have personally excavated the tools they us.

Your right talk is cheap.
Point of facts of said suppression:
1.Hawass previously announced that he would not release the racial DNA results of Egyptian mummies —

www.eutimes.net...

2.Caves discovered on Giza plateau - we all know how that ended

dsc.discovery.com...

www.drhawass.com...

3. Sphinx dating by water erosion

articles.latimes.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

I could go on, but the suppression of REAL science based on data not belief is there for you to find. Egyptology has been a priesthood for to long.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenH
Egyptology has been a priesthood for to long.
One tends to forget...it belongs to the Egyptians They get to call the shots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join