It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I learned how to Love my enemies, I wish you could feel the same way.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I wish you well with your journey in life.

nice guys finish last.... and I will never hate again.

I hate spiritual awakenings... what is the point of describing a spiritual awakening on the internet anyway?

I have a youtube video that can describe the way I'm feeling:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Validation.

That is the point of describing spiritual awakenings on the internet.

Alternately

Evangelism,

you have found the path and want to share it with others.

Or

You don't understand what you went through and need help sorting it all out.

I think that covers the points of sharing a spiritual awakening on the net.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Does love imply lack of annoyance? I don't think I love my enemies if so.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
How do you love someone/some group who would happily maim or kill you and you friends and family?

How do you love someone who would eradicate your whole racial group/religion if given the chance?

How do you love someone who would see you tortured and starved to death purely for their own enjoyment?

I don't mean to be flippant-its just I obviously have yet to have that particular spiritual awakening,and cannot understand the concept,let alone how to appy it to my life.

Does that make me a non spiritual person?I would debate that.
What it makes me is someone who would wish to protect my family and friends against anyone who wishes to harm them.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
How do you love someone/some group who would happily maim or kill you and you friends and family?

You realize that you are an eternal being and you cannot really be killed. Also the person killing you is you.

How do you love someone who would eradicate your whole racial group/religion if given the chance?
See Above

How do you love someone who would see you tortured and starved to death purely for their own enjoyment?
See Above

Love is not being a push over. If you try to maim and kill me or the ones I love I will protect myself, but once you awaken to the fact that everything is you. You look past the persona and find we are One.

Think of it like a video game, sometimes scary, sometimes violent, but usually fun. And when you die you go back to your real life. Physical Incarnation is like a video game for an eternal being. And to make it even more fun, you don't know you are playing it until it's over. Life is a game my friend. Play it and have fun.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

You realize that you are an eternal being and you cannot really be killed. Also the person killing you is you.

Love is not being a push over. If you try to maim and kill me or the ones I love I will protect myself, but once you awaken to the fact that everything is you. You look past the persona and find we are One.

Think of it like a video game, sometimes scary, sometimes violent, but usually fun. And when you die you go back to your real life. Physical Incarnation is like a video game for an eternal being. And to make it even more fun, you don't know you are playing it until it's over. Life is a game my friend. Play it and have fun.

Hmm,good thoughts.
I am not quite there yet,about the "realizing I am an eternal being."
But if and when I get there,I doubt I will love someone who is essentially a cruel soul.

I guess thats the paradox-I won't get there until I love everyone,and I will not love everyone until I get there if you catch my drift.

Question is,who among us could truly "love" a fellow being such as Hitler,Pol Pott,or such people?

Like I said I ain't there yet.

Like the idea of life being like a game though.

Or a film maybe,with certain points which will happen to you whatever you do.
A sort of destiny machine,thats life I think,and yeah it can be fun.
I love it,just not everyone in it so far.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I would love my enemies, for they are only my fellow humans, BUT only when they lay down their arms, stop the hurting and harming of others, are honestly sincere and remorseful of what they had done to others, and subject themselves for justice.

If they do not do so, they are only humans turned animals, and must be stopped and destroyed before they can hurt and harm anyone else, the way we would hunt and destroy wild carnivorous beasts such as tigers or rampaging elephants.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Thing is bro,thats kind of cheating in my book(no offence meant)
Why is it cheating?

Because if someone lays down their arms and stops threats,with sincerity,then they are no longer an enemy.
So you would be agreeing with me that you could not love an actual enemy I think.

Its a tricky one for me to get this one,at least so far.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
I would love my enemies, for they are only my fellow humans, BUT only when they lay down their arms, stop the hurting and harming of others, are honestly sincere and remorseful of what they had done to others, and subject themselves for justice.

My friend, Man holds onto arms and continues to harm others out of fear that if they do not, they will be taken over by others. They place the same conditions on their heart that you are placing now. How will it end if no one is willing to love unconditionally? Why must we wait for others to disarm to disarm ourselves? Fear is the killer of love.

If they do not do so, they are only humans turned animals, and must be stopped and destroyed before they can hurt and harm anyone else, the way we would hunt and destroy wild carnivorous beasts such as tigers or rampaging elephants.

They must be destroyed? That is the same view that those who are causing harm with arms have. How are you more righteous? Who made you the judge?

You cannot end murder with more murder.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Let me get back to You on that after somebody rapes/tortures and kills Your wife , daughter or son and we can talk about forgiveness and the love for Your enemies then ..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I think it is a misinterpretation that "Spiritually Awakened" is often associated with better. I think it isn't better or worse just a different way to look at and live life.

With that said we can find understanding and love when we love all aspects of ourselves we will find that our enemies are of us. To be more concise your capacity as a human is the same as your enemies. You choose to act on the good rather than the evil. Or more likely you will find an enemy is your enemy because you both chose not to share but rather demand the entirety of a contested resource. Either way it is about loving yourself.

Recognize your enemy within yourself for you contain all capacities of humanity within you. Recognize that to love yourself completely you must also love your enemy.

But just because you love your enemy does not mean you can't plunge a dagger into hs heart, it just means you won't do it with hate in your heart.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I wish you well with your journey in life.

nice guys finish last.... and I will never hate again.

I hate spiritual awakenings... what is the point of describing a spiritual awakening on the internet anyway?

I have a youtube video that can describe the way I'm feeling:

Guard safe your treasure my friend. There are many thieves and snares in this world set to take what you have away. Protect it well, and share it with all!

Welcome to the Kingdom of Heaven!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I only realized later, than earlier, in life, that "love" is NOT a feeling. It has -nothing- to do with emotions. Or doesn't have to. I think love is synonymous with altruism. More or less.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Those who are asleep always invoke what if scenarios often involving violence. Those who are awake do not concern themselves with what ifs. There is only the now.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Buddha1098 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Great post,star.

Very well said Jingle.
Try to love,but be aware of the inner enemy as well as the outside enemy.

What was it a wise Cherokee once said?

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life.

"A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.
One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."
He continued,
"The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.
The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?" The old Cherokee simply replied,
"The one you feed."

www.firstpeople.us...

A tale I try to remember on my walk through life.
But I am yet to heed 100%.

But who is really?
Not many.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

That is a most excellent tale!

It is interesting we can find this wisdom wearing different faces in almost every culture and tradition. Yet so few stop to accept the knowledge and fewer still push it.

The reason this knowledge is told to you and never pushed? Those who know, know that you will hear but not listen until you are ready. Once you have heard it is your decision to listen. The wise ones will give us the tools. It is up to us to learn how to use them...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Thill

Those who are asleep always invoke what if scenarios often involving violence. Those who are awake do not concern themselves with what ifs. There is only the now.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Buddha1098 because: Typo

This is weird since I consider myself pretty awake for the past few years , but since you know how to quote mysterious lines I guess You know better , so let me just help You out with my line of reasoning.

The OP stated he learned how to Love his enemies , so unless he means his chess club enemies , this means people that will want to kill and probably humiliate (human nature can be a ****) him and his family , and unless such a situation happens , he has no idea how he will react to the situation thus has no idea what he is talking about.

See that is my line of reasoning , even thou I consider myself on the path of enlightenment , I like to keep logic as one of my traits because I consider it a valid attribute to reaching inner peace and enlightenment.

Since I am not the enlightened Buddha yet please feel free to point out any mistakes in my reasoning , so that I might look into them and see if they need correcting.
edit on 15/4/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Only a life lived for others is a life worth while.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Thing is bro,thats kind of cheating in my book(no offence meant)
Why is it cheating?

Because if someone lays down their arms and stops threats,with sincerity,then they are no longer an enemy.
So you would be agreeing with me that you could not love an actual enemy I think.

Its a tricky one for me to get this one,at least so far.

It may be cheating in your book, but not in mine and need not be for fellow human brothers and sisters in their daily interactions with one another.

It does not take one to be armed in order to become an enemy. Simple words alone will cause one to hurt and be hated by another, enough to the point of being categorised as an enemy.

As long as they do not hurt or harm one another beyond mere words, they need not be enemies to each other. We can love one another, for ultimately in the end, we laugh and bleed the same, despite our many differences. It takes a lot of tolerant and patience to find a common ground for both to stand on, and much more is needed if we are to love one another despite our differences.

But it is not difficult or impossible to love, as we all share common aspirations in life. What you want is what I want to, and we can achieve it better together by sharing, and not against one another.

However, for the one who will resort to violence to get what he alones want or desires, there can be no love, for like wild beasts, they cannot reciprocate or even comprehend what love is, and will only take advantage of such pacifist concepts to hurt and harm more.

Love is only for humans, a civilisational trait progress mark, and never for or from wild beasts or man turned beasts.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

However, for the one who will resort to violence to get what he alones want or desires, there can be no love, for like wild beasts, they cannot reciprocate or even comprehend what love is, and will only take advantage of such pacifist concepts to hurt and harm more.

Love is only for humans, a civilisational trait progress mark, and never for or from wild beasts or man turned beasts.

For those who resort to violence to get what they want, what do you offer them if you do not offer love and compassion? More violence?

Can you say for certain that if you lived your enemies life since birth, you too would not be violent and assume that is how to get your way?

You have lived your own unique life my friend. That life and only that life is what brought you to where you are today. You are not greater than anyone else. Being a man of peace and love is a façade if you cannot see the wisdom of offering it to all your fellow man.

Do you really think you are more evolved simply because you did not witness day to day beatings, your own mother smacked down by an alcoholic father who taught you to "Be a Man!" in his drunken rage?

Do you really suppose you are so better than a child who watched his family blown up by a Tomahawk missle which in an instant tore from his world all he knew and loved and left him in the hands of of his kin folk who then take him and train him to harness his sorrow into a method of vengeance?

Are you any better than the poor soul raised in poverty to the point of starvation, hated and ignored by his own society, who knowing no other way kills a man for $20.00 to feed his drug addiction, the only medicine being an escape into oblivion?

Do you suppose your blessings in life are of your own making and without a higher purpose of being a beacon of light to those who through no fault of their own were born into the viscous cycle of human destruction?

Who made you the judge?

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join