It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams of an invasion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So, I've had these sporadically over the past 10 years or so. The fundamental content of the dreams is very similar, from dream to dream, but the cosmetic characteristics differ. I'm just sharing these in case anyone finds them useful, or if anyone who is learned in dream analysis can offer an interpretation. Also curious to know if anyone else has similar/identical dreams.

They are in no particular order.

One

I'm in a buildling--it could be a large facility, the purpose is unknown. It is night time. I and others are looking out of the windows. Craft are present in the sky--unusual-looking, but exhibiting symmetry. There are humanoid beings on the ground, approaching the building. I feel a strong fear: an intense dread, coupled with panic. Some people are fleeing the building, others are frozen with dread.

The beings get closer. Their heads seem large--out of proportion to their bodies. I feel trapped, and I also get the feeling that what is happening is inevitable, in the sense there is nothing I or anyone can do to stop it. The beings enter the building. The dream ends.

Two

This one I had just last night. I'm in an urban setting, in the middle of a street--plenty of buildlings around. People are shouting and screaming, looking up. It is night time. I see bizarre-looking craft streaking overhead. As usual, I have a feeling of dread, a deeply-seated fear that is overwhelming. Humanoids are on the ground, in large groups, coming towards us. They are wearing some kind of suits, that are white, or metallic silver.

I run, coming towards a rickety-looking shack. There are a few people inside, and I babble about what's happening. We close the door, push furniture up against it. Through the windows the invasion force is quickly approaching. We all exit the rear entrance and scatter, except for one man who stays with me. He turns to look at the beings while I run. The dream ends.

Three

This one is different, and I've had it several times. As always, it's night. I'm in a house, looking out a window. I see craft in the sky, multicolored and bright. I see three humanoids in the street, approaching the house. I see a few more approaching another house across the street. A close the shutters, filled with dread. This time the humanoids are knocking on the door. I know instinctively that opening the door would be bad, and I'm paralyzed with fear. The dream ends.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i had a dream the other night where i was walking somewhere and 2-3 ufos were flying around and i felt like it was an invasion

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Might not be an invasion if they knock on your door.(then again, the Germans did that in WWII) Any sign of weapons/hostile actions? This is pretty intense stuff if you are telling the truth. S+F for discussion

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessAura

Just to get you started - buildings in dreams are archetypal and symbolise your subconscious, or an aspect of it.
There are many different archetypes that are common to everyone but, more often than not, the actual meanings behind the details of ones dream remain something they must search for personally, as they will usually only be specific to yourself.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I had a similar one on Sunday night. I don't remember much, but it was an invasion and they were coming from every direction. Also, I think they were humanoid.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessAura

hi first of all a well presented thread.

these dreams remind me of an alien invasion dream i had when i was younger that has always stuck in my head. its been the most real feeling dream i have ever had to date.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
my invasion dream involves what looks like all armies working together and starts off normal like any day.
I'm riding my bike but within moments a bomb hits a couple blocks over and jets fly over, alarms ring and I begin to run towards the street and look to my right, I see a tank turning, it fires at me and the shell explodes past me,
I run through the crater up the street to my old highschool, where "the resistors" have set up and are preparing for infantry and tanks, they've set up chain barricades on the doors and had mgs set on the windows inside. they used cellphones on their own network to communicate and seemed to know what was going to happen before it did. the dream was very memorable in that it seemed I was being pushed through a story rather then doing anything myself and had a very intense storyline. I was given a sniper rifle and made my way up to the roof where the infantry started to push out the forest, I shot 3 and ran back downstairs, they started to come up and the smoke filled the hallways, there was a fire. it just became chaotic and very loud, where I got shot and drowned in my own blood. thats when i woke up. the pain of being shot had felt so real, and get this, the feeling of losing your blood till you eventually die.
ever since it's like this memory of a war I was never in. like I was in some virtual reality game.
edit on 12-4-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
These sound frightening. Is there any trigger - a movie, or book that affected you?
Do you believe you are an abductee? This sounds unpleasant and I feel drawn to tell you this dream sequence is related to events in your childhood, either real or imagined.

I have repetative dreams also, mine have not involved UFOs or aliens. My involve "spirit guides" that "show" me things - usually some bizarre time travel theme. I also feel that I have begun to "travel" in my dreams. I have begun to set intention for being lucid. My latest dream involved asking my spirit guide to show itself - that night I dreamnt of a "Thor" like man, and noticed a long scar on his throat - I intuned that this meant he could not speak and thus why he "revealed or showed me things" rather then speaking to me.

My time travel dreams are very real, I feel as if I could just step into them like an alternate reality. It might not sound like much but it does mess with my head. I am sure your dreams do as well.

Maybe you could set intention to recieve the message?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Your dream reminds me of a dream I had many years ago - it was odd to read your reply.
Years ago I had a very similar dream.
The only "invasion" type dream I have had recently was of web like material falling out of the sky and incasing some people like catapillars. It became dark and cold, despite my having this dream while I was enjoying a Florida late summer heatwave. The rest of the dream was spent trying to navigate (by foot, on bike) across town to get to my son. There were no aliens but I felt a sense of having to evade as I tried to find/rescue my son.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Im right there with you buddy

abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, folks, it looks like others have experienced similar things--but that's not conclusive of anything. A few responses:

Triggers

I can't point to anything specific, but like everyone else, I've seen lots of television and movies that have this kind of theme. So anything is possible--I think it would be a waste of time and energy to critically examine every story I've read, every movie I've seen, etc. that involves something related. It could be a composite of all those things I've experienced--or nothing at all. I don't have answers--only questions.

Abduction

I'm still not convinced that abductions are "real" or that they're anything but something psychological. Who knows? All we have are second-hand accounts, and goofy stories coughed up during hypnosis. I've had a few weird experiences. The one I remember most is the dream I had as a 6 year old of tall, insect-like creatures. Like giant praying-mantis, or ants. I've also had several instances of being paralyzed, yet fully conscious, and hearing whispering speech that was unintelligible.

Are any of those evidence of an abduction? Hell no. They're not evidence of anything except completely subjective experiences that can be explained by cognitive science.

I'm just not comfortable committing to any point of view like: "Aliens exist," or "We're being abducted." Maybe it's a real phenomenon, maybe it's not. There's no way to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. So I remain doubtful, and skeptical. Again--no answers, only questions.

Weapons, Hostility, Truthfulness

I'm not making this crap up--I had the dreams, pure and simple. I'm not a fear-monger: I'm not trying to scare anyone into believing anything, or fire off a chain of people worrying about an invasion. Sorry, that's not my agenda. I'm just sharing a few things so we can discuss them and compare them as a community. They're just dreams, I'm not claiming to be a contactee, or the recipient of glimpses of things to come.

I would say for nearly all of the dreams, there were no signs of weaponry, or overt hostility. Thinking about the dream I had last night, where these beings were suited up somehow, they may have been carrying some kind of tube, or cylinder, in their arms. The details of those images are fuzzy, and it's very possible my mind is creating such "weapons" to round-out or complete the memories. I just don't know.

I'll look into the symbolic significance of buildings. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join