It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan admits delaying upgrading of nuclear crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Daily telegraph

Japan admitted delaying upgrading the crisis at the Fukushima nuclear plant to the highest possible level, putting it on a par with Chernobyl, prompting calls for "swift and accurate" information about the full scale of the disaster.

So they admit it ? .. so whats the real situation now? , bet they won't admit that!

The new rating raised fresh questions about whether information was being covered up from the Japanese people. Tepco was frequently accused of falsifying safety data even before last month's earthquake.

Last week the government was reported to have withheld data showing that radiation exceeded safe levels more than 18 miles from the plant, beyond the established evacuation zone.

Playing with peoples lives again big buisness!!! i am so angry .. i knew it was true , lots of us said from day one to get the hell out!!!!

AGAIN i have to Post ... THIS IS and WILL BE the WORST nuclear disaster in the history of the planet.

and while people delay so they can politically maneouver themselves or shift funds to come out of this situation a little better , maybe sitting on top of the pile of Crap they created instead of buried in it like the rest of us. women and children are gonna die!

They witheld data showing radiation was well above the safe limitbeyond the evacuation zone..

the people of japan are between a rock and a hard place but the rest of the world needs to step up and attempt something to try to lessen this disaster as the privately run power company seem incompetent.

SICK SICK and now in black an white....

So what will be done about this?..... nothing is my guess

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
so more good news as many of us suspect

Government officials yesterday said the total leak from Fukushima so far amounted to a tenth of the radiation emitted from Chernobyl, but could yet exceed it.

EXCEED IT

and it will , it already has , we are drip fed the news 3 weeks too late.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't like the way the IAEA has to rely on the country in question to declare the level. The UN should mandate that IAEA inspectors are allowed in straight away and THEY decide what level things are at.

Also, the IAEA should be the ones to direct the emergency plan too. Countries like Japan should not be allowed to blunder around, talking BS, and risking the health of other countries.

If I remember correctly, the IAEA said almost straight away that it was a level 6 but said they were bound to the Japanese version of events. Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thats just sick..

But we knew all the time that it was going on.
This has turned out to be the stupidest catasrophe coverup ever, and it's not over yet.

My thought's goes to those who becomes victims of this.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Don't forget the recommendation from the US (department unknown) that even at 60 miles out they detected radiation and were recommending people stay out of that zone, nor the blocking of reporters 60 miles from the plant when the official zone was set up at just 12 miles!

They know this is extremely bad, and if the last 2 weeks are anything to go by, I think we can double the reports at the least.

Remembering they had 3 reactors go bang, and this is most certainly set to be worse than Chernobyl.

Actions most certainly speak louder than words, however, given they keep making a big deal about the spent fuel pools suggest that the reactors are a lost cause (exploded and nothing left worth saving), are in a worse condition than reported, and are being left alone whilst they figure a plan to seal the reactors up.

Within days of the explosion they reported that designs were being drawn up to entomb the reactor buildings in concrete. Like a lot of news reported in the hours and days immediately following the disaster, it has vanished without trace.
edit on 12-4-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join