It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

symptoms of Schizophrenia??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
First proper post 
I used to play a lot of computer games when I was a child, when I was about 10 years old I used to lay in bed and the walls would pulsate, like a portal looking thing on my wall, I used to jump out of bed and run up and down the hall shout and screaming total weird crap, it used to freak my mum and dad out, I used to shiver and say they’re going to get me, it was tools chasing me around, like hammers, saw's screw drivers. was a game called pipeline.

When I woke up in the morning I knew what I had done, but it was un-controllable felt like I did it in my dreams
I done this for about a year about 4 nights a week, I stopped playing games in that year and they slowly went away. I hear Schizophrenia can lay dormant until older years, I’m 26 now and nothing yet apart from I catch myself having conversation to myself like when I’m driving, but that normal I think, or when I’m angry and I talk the different scenarios out. Again think that normal stuff, but the things when I was younger were totally weird..
So what do you think??? Am I going to crack one day?

Cheers
jay

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

Nah, everyone talks to themselves that's normal, and the things you did as a kid, well you were a kid so

Anyways if you dont feel as anythings wrong than your good man.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You know what's not normal? Not talking to yourself. I've recently found out there are some people who seem not to do this.

I had a lot of eccentricities as a kid as well. Much more bizarre than you. It's normal to be weird when you're a kid. It seems natural to be weird..or individuated, all through out life in fact. What's not natural is being zombified as seems to be the case with most people out there. Normal is....not healthy, imo.

As long as you can get things done and keep your cool for the most part, you're good.

edit on 11-4-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
You sound ok to me mate

Running through conversations in the head is quite normal. Talking to yourself is quite normal.

Wondering what it'd be like if you attacked the person infront of you in the queue, is not normal.
@ myself in my younger days.......( chemically induced schizophrenia is no fun)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i don't know who mentioned schizophrenia .. but people like to label/identify things. my advice would be to look at yourself when you were a child as you are today.. did you do crazy imaginary ' kid ' stuff?

as a child growing up there will be opinions of others always tearing to reach your psyche to tell you what you are. what ' problems ' you have.
you know those people who say " you know what your problem is maaaan.... " lol, then they proceed to tell you what ' they ' think your problem is. sigh. those types of people, those voices come in different bodies. they don't have the answers.
EDIT: sorry i just re-read your post, seems i may have been off a bit but i'll not delete anything as i kinda got a kick outta what i mentioned. you sound as though you're A-OK today..
edit on 11-4-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
You sound ok to me mate

Running through conversations in the head is quite normal. Talking to yourself is quite normal.

Wondering what it'd be like if you attacked the person infront of you in the queue, is not normal.
@ myself in my younger days.......( chemically induced schizophrenia is no fun)

ouch man - chemically induced schizophrenia!!!

you still suffer now?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

imaginary kids stuff?

Can you examples please, I done loads of crazy stuff, chucking bricks at cars passing on the road hoping to cause a crash was probably the worst thing I did.... I hang my head in shame now tho, and no accidents were caused thank god.
Also I took about 100 car badges is that crazy stuff?
Also worried we was all being poisoned by anthrax, always looking at planes leaving chem. Trails thinking it was anthrax I was just mega paranoid about end of world stuff..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

It doesn't lay dormant it appears usually in the early 20's/20's. Childhood schizophrenia is crazy uncommon and I don't even know if they are related really. When I was young I used to watch things fall in the darkness and my imagination would morph them into things. Later in life I learned I wasn't crazy it's just something that happens in exceptional darkness a phenomenon commonly referred to as "a prisoner's fireworks/lightshow." I also used to make crazy noises and yell and jump around.. just excess energy but my parents though I was insane. Also one last thing.. you mention the portal, when I was a kid I would wake up at night and there would be glowing spots on my walls the exact same color as glow in the dark paint (or glow in the dark anything really) that green yellow. I would get up and actually go touch it and look at it close. The next night it would be gone and I may see a similar spot somewhere else in the room.

It's more likely you were a kid with a healthy imagination, and also looking back 20 sum years later you might be magnifying the ordeal (might not, but time you know)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Oh yeah and talking to yourself/by yourself is normal I think. I think it's only crazy when you are having conversations with yourself, or raving. If you start asking yourself questions and then answering them.. different story.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Somwhere in the bible, it states: all one says , is said to the Lord. Ofcourse noone really can get what you say..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85
reply to post by steven704

imaginary kids stuff?

Can you examples please, I done loads of crazy stuff, chucking bricks at cars passing on the road hoping to cause a crash was probably the worst thing I did.... I hang my head in shame now tho, and no accidents were caused thank god.
Also I took about 100 car badges is that crazy stuff?
Also worried we was all being poisoned by anthrax, always looking at planes leaving chem. Trails thinking it was anthrax I was just mega paranoid about end of world stuff..

What?? anything else? noo those things aren't very out of the ordinary. we were curious children. interested in seeing how things tick. dissecting, destroying, throwing bricks, ice, eggs, etc isn't anything to worry about.

what sounds to me is someone made these things seem alot worse than they are. and i don't mean yourself.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
mental health nurse here- I can't remember what it's called, but there is a syndrome where kids can't separate their imagination from reality. Your experience is what this sounds like. Some kids need meds, but most grow out of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think shizophrenia has got something to do with getting lost in the collective consciousness. One perceives things that aren't his. Also intuitivity. Collective consciousness workers. Probably one needs to get rid of that stuff. One isn't centered in their own heart. The cause can also be that the people you knew suddenly forgot about who you are and don't see the real you anymore. Their thoughts don't match who you are anymore and one gets lost. I don't know what the issues are.

many fail in being a good friend to a shizophreniatic person.

One is aware of the divine and doesn't see it work throughout the people in the surrounding. Complete misfit. Being a shizophrenic hurts.
edit on 2011/4/12 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

the value of the person who is 'diagnosed' shizophrenic isn't known to the surroundings. What does make peace unseen? Peace is something, it is not nothing.

Being paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you. Shizophrenia is when the people in the world who hate you start to act as your friend. Shizophrenia is when people don't know anymore when to leave you alone or when to empty their mind.

Shizophrenia is in the mind and it is so real. Shizophrenia is not being accepted as who you are. The others are the ones that doesn't fit the picture. Shizophrenics are the ones

new topics

top topics

join