It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones in your Neighborhood!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Why do so many people seem like this is an illogical concept? Drones have to be a cheaper method for the Government than all the man hours to tap and listen to phones and sift through computer data endlessly, (even if computers do most of it, it still has to be handled by people somewhere along the line right)? and they do that anyway..so all together 'they' miss nothing..paranoia? i dont know, between government 'tools and toys' , technologies we dont even know of yet and cctv society as it already is, this really makes sense to be the next step to be taken.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FullVisionProject

thank you lol people are acting like im a delusional paranoid maniac when drones arent even a conspiracy and are publicly out there.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegasface
A few weeks ago, I was in my backyard with some friends hanging out. We got on the topic of the nwo and all the conspiracies. After a few minutes we decided to stop talking about it, joking that "they" are listening in through our cellphones. A couple minutes after we heard a buzzing sound, it sounded like a goped motor but slightly lower in volume. when we looked up we saw a predator drone(not sure if that is the official name but it looked just like one except it was in black) flying right over our house. it even hovered over us for a few minutes. It seemed liek it was about 50 feet up and had a red light on as if it was recording. It creeped us out, because it could have just been patrolling the neighborhood but it also could have passed by to get us on file and determine if we were dangerous or "terrorists". Has anyone seen one around the neighborhood or had any weird experiences ...

if the drone had a audible sound & you could locate it in the sky... then it was intended to be seen/observed, my best guess is that the timing was coincindental and not because it was sent after secretly monitoring your friends cell-phones audio pickup of casual chatter.
'They' would need to have hundreds of these drones up in the sky at any one time to have some drone within a zone of 2-3 minutes of a target... your city is not only a 2 dimensional landscape...it has a height dimension also with all those beachfront hotels.

seems as if this drone was not a self piloted, autonomous arial vehicle like the one i seen in Phoenix back in 1997 that had a triangle of lit orbs on the underbelly...which had approx. 12ft equidistant glowing orbs at a cruise height of ? 60 ft. ? (each orb/dome the size of a 30lb pelican...a familiar reference point for me)

but hey... just like the Arabs did entry level flight schools in AZ...
they did a different class of aircraft involvement & schooling/training there in FL...
so it is likely that drones on the east coast are regionally different than those in the desert SW states like AZ/NM/UT/NV

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
well it seems the military did not get
the FAA's permission to run these drones
so they did the next best thing.
They gave the drones to local law
enforcement agencies by giving them
federal grant money.

Now there's ya a loophole around
Posse Comitatus.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
from your description it isn't a military drone. i see them every day. they won't be flying that low and they are pretty quiet (most are quiet). what you are describing sounds more like someone's personal spy rig... i'd watch out for your neighbors.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Leaning toward BS.

If the story is true, why didnt you drop the sucker? 50' aint crap.

Not only would you have a pic, you'd have the drone!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thegasface

Sad but true bubba.

I remember a vid shot by a local houston news station of the cops trying out their new drone. Is it the big monster sized one with Hellfire's? No, but it was a good sized drone.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

usa politics are parano

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

maybe you are in a trainig air base

edit on 11-4-2011 by LaTouffe because: double post

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
...and how 'bout...
i have NOT seen some planes that sound low and slow and you can hear it going away for at least a minute or more.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Wow. I'm also from Miami and this is the first time I've heard about these Drones. Strange enough... now that I think about it, maybe I have seen those types of things before. Usually every Saturday night, I sit outside with Aunt and we basically talk about the usual stuff that is discussed here on ATS (NWO, UFO's, HARRP)

There have been times when we talk and we look up at the sky and see strange looking objects flying above (No, they definitely didn't look like airplanes) I don't know what they were but perhaps they were Drones?

Good thread you started!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a friend of mine flies a german drone, and i fly lots of helicopters... Just some fool joking with you guys :p Always fun to scare people like that :p

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

do they appear frequently in new york? im visiting ny this summer so it would be cool to know when and where they usually appear so i can witness it myself

Hey there. It's not that I've seen them in multiple places throughout NY. I live in a house that faces the Hudson River and I've seen them in the same general location each time from the couch in my living room where I have three huge windows that look out over the river (by the Tappan Zee Bridge which connects Rockland county to Westchester county). I saw them during the specific time period I mentioned (3/25 until last Friday night) but they might have been out there prior to 3/25 and I just didn't notice although I was frequently glancing out the window prior to 3/25 (explained below). I've definitely looked for them over the last two nights and couldn't find any so I think they're gone and were probably part of the terrorism exercises we were having here in NYC (hence my thought that they're government made and not ETs). The first night I noticed them, I was really freaked and stayed up watching them all night long - that's when I shot some of the pictures I posted. My camera was not made for hitech visuals so I set it to rapid shoot and that's where I saw the cigar shaped one (hard to describe - it wasn't really visible to the naked eye yet you could somehow sense an outline of it - that's why I kept shooting pictures off). Some nights I had to look up high in the sky to see the three lighted ones and then watch them for a few moments to make sure they weren't stars (they would eventually move independently and their brightness would grow/color change as they got closer to each other again) and other times, I would glance out the window and just see one of the v's brightly lit and floating. I would then scan the skies and find the others. Now here's why I said before that I was frequently glancing out my window - something happened a few nights before my first sighting and it may or may not be related but it seems too coincidental to ignore. As I said, when I look out my windows, I can see the TZ bridge to my far right (huge, long bridge with 100s, if not 1000s, of bright lights) as well as all of the lighted buildings and street lights that span the Westchester coastline. As you can imagine, we're talking about a lot of lights. The Sunday night prior to my first sighting, I glanced out the window as I was sitting down on the couch and couldn't see ANY lights across the river. I've lived here for a few years now, through all kinds of weather conditions, and that has never happened. At first I thought that Westchester had a blackout but it seemed too immense because everything was out as far as I could see to the left and right, even the lights on the TZ bridge. I called a friend, somewhat panicking, and he asked me if I could see any headlights on the TZB because a blackout wouldn't have affected those. I couldn't see anything and right away, I started thinking about Indian Point which is about 20 miles away. I called my local police station to see if there were other reports and received a message machine if you can believe it. My friend then had the good sense to think to call the police station in Tarrytown, which is across on the other side of the bridge and they told him "nope, everything's working fine here". This freaked me out even more so I decided to go outside and take a walk down to Memorial Park which is right on the river (about a block away from my house). As soon as I went out my front door, I noticed this really strong, weird smell I can't even begin to describe and looking up at the street lights, it was obvious that there was thick fog blanketing everything but again, I've seen thick fog before but never so thick as to completely block the other side of the river. So I walked down to Memorial Park, right up to the river edge where there's a launch area for boats, and STILL couldn't see anything across. I stretched my arm out and could see it, but my fingertips were noticably less evident. I then walked home, got into my car and drove through town (empty except for one or two others but not unusual for 10:30 on a Sunday night) and then drove to an overpass that was built over the NYS thruway where the TZB ends and the thruway starts. I could finally see some car headlights right below me, but again, they were blanketed in this thick fog and I couldn't see anything that wasn't directly below me. I had the ebeegeebees all night. Since then, it became habit for me to look out the window to make sure I could see the ligths across. I swear, I'll never forget that smell and the weird heavy fog - a few nights later I saw the flying drones for the first time. Weird, huh? I can't help but wonder if one was related to the other but I can't imagine in what way.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here in Northern Utah, nothing to report. No known or seen drones flying about. If seen, will be shot down.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MWStargazer

i see weird things all the time. miamis wild lol i love staring at the moon and the handful of stars we can see lol so i always see weird things inthe sky

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yes, I am in my neighborhood usually between 16:20 and 06:00

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

to everyone that said it could be the neighbors. it could be but why point the fingers at the neighbors when the miami dade police force uses drones lol to me its more believable that the drone is the city's then a crazy neighbor playing jokes or spying. to the people from other countries that are saying americans are paranoid, we are not! its just that this # is happening here. your media probably makes us out to be idiots but we are not. one day we will take our government back and the us will be back!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I think everyone jumped on the bashing wagon, because a "Predator Drone" and the drone that you claim it looked like, are both high-end, highly technical, powerful airplane platforms. It would sound nothing like a "go-ped" and it would not be flying at 50 feet.

Now, I don't doubt the possibility that the Miami PD is using an RC craft to do surveillance. That is very likely. I only doubt the fact that it was a Predator, or that it looked anything like that picture.

48 ft length, 27 ft width, 115 hp 4 cylinder engine, 2250 lbs with fuel, stall speed 62 mph.

Therefore, it would be useless at 50 or 100 feet above your house, it would be extremely loud, extremely ominous, and it would be gone in a second even at its lowest speed.

What you saw was an RC plane, and maybe it was for surveillance, but it wasn't related to your conversation, and it wasn't the $4.5 million Predator Drone, LOL!

General characteristics

Crew: none on-board
Length: 27 ft (8.22 m)
Wingspan: 48.7 ft (14.8 m); MQ-1B Block 10/15: 55.25 ft (16.84 m)
Height: 6.9 ft (2.1 m)
Wing area: 123.3 sq ft[56] (11.5 m²)
Empty weight: 1,130 lb[55] (512 kg)
Loaded weight: 2,250 lb (1,020 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 2,250 lb[55] (1,020 kg)
Powerplant: 1× Rotax 914F turbocharged four-cylinder engine, 115 hp[55] (86 kW)
Performance

Maximum speed: 135 mph (117 knots, 217 km/h)
Cruise speed: 81–103 mph (70–90 knots, 130–165 km/h)
Stall speed: 62 mph (54 knots, 100 km/h) (dependent on aircraft weight)
Range: >2,000 nmi (2,300 mi/3,700 km) [57]
Endurance: 24 hours[1]
Service ceiling: 25,000 ft[55] (7,620 m)

Wiki

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

maybe im in a training air base? are you stupid lol.. i think id be aware of that.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

why do people pay attention to details that arent important. i said it looked like a predator drone, i didnt say it was exactly like a predator drone. let me clear it up for those of you that need it. it looked like a predator drone but a mini one. about 4 feet long it was light and cheap. im not talking about a t-1000 running around or a transformer spying around. lets use common sense.if i saw a drone in my neighborhood and miami does use drones then it would only make sense that what i saw would be affordable. it wouldnt make sense for the city to be sending huge aircrafts the size of planes to be hovering 50 ft over a residential neighborhood to spy on its citizens lol. come on guys, instead of trying to bash just use your heads and think.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join