It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronicity; How I Have Come to Understand It (in reference to my Comet Elenin thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
After reading many of the replies and comments in my Comet Elenin Decoded thread:

Comet ELEnin Decoded - The Awakening, The 3rd Dimension, and Revelations

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which first off I would like to thank all of you that had something to contribute...I, as well as my wife who is on this journey of discovery with me, are quite elated that we are NOT alone in how we see the way things seem to be possibly coming together/playing themselves out, and what that might mean to all of us.

We were also quite surprised with the amount of interest in "Synchronicity" that many folks had, and what was even more surprising was the increase of frequency that some had indicated. As I was about to post up a response addressing Synchronicity, I felt that due to what we believe the significance of our (my wife and I) synchronized experiences might be, this topic deserved it's own thread (also to not distract from the other threads main topic Comet Elenin)

Prologue:

Before I dive right in on what "Synchronicity" means to both myself and my wife, along with attempting to provide specific examples (which I am going to say right now won't be an easy undertaking because we have now had so many in our almost 8 years together now, and stopped documenting them years ago, they end up being like a dream that one attempts to recall too late after awakening...but more on that in a minute), I wanted to provide a little background on what I had felt possibly enabled us to begin experiencing this unique experience that I much later found out was being referred to as "Synchronicity" (and believe me it wasn't easy 7 years or so ago).

Chance Luck or Fate?:

After both my wife and I having had experienced a failed marriage each (our first BOTH of which we had been married to our original partners 10 years almost to the day), and doing the dating scene for almost the same amount of time (approximately a year after divorcing our previous spouses) we grew tired as we both longed to be with...the one. Realizing that we were both raising the bar some on what we were both looking for in a partner, we both for those reasons decided that to try and make that a reality through the traditional forms of dating. we probably would have died from old age before that ever became a reality

Employing Technology:

In order to eliminate luck and chance from the equation we both, again for reasons of our own, decided to try out the E-Harmony dating thing online. In short as this thread is about "Synchronicity" and not about hooking up
I will just say that we BOTH spent about a month on the site before meeting (December 26, 2003) and once we went out for a date we were each others one and only from E-Harmony...in that she was the first and only date I got from that venue, and I hers. From that 1st date we knew something magical was there. Chemistry that neither one of us had ever had with anyone else our entire lives. Being that we were both in our early 30's at the time, that was saying something.

Just Coincidences or ?:

It wasn't too long into our new-found relationship before what we now know to be "Synchronicity" but at the time seemed only as mere coincidences. How soon in is of some debate as we both seem to remember things differently (when will women learn that it's the guys that ALWAYS remember stuff better
), but we both agree that they started coming within the first 3 months that we were together, and we also agree what it was that initially brought more attention to the "mere coincidences" in that they were appearing to be something other than just coincidence. That was, and please excuse the examples I give as...well more on that in a minute, but living in San Diego, CA at the time (my wife born and raised and I was active duty military stationed there after 13 years of being stationed in Hawaii), but we were heading to the mall (Fashion Valley) and in the parking lot some dude walked by and I was like "Did you see that dude?!? He looked JUST LIKE.....(insert mental blank here) Thomas Dolby who did that song in the 80's remember?!?!"
My wife agreed and after a brief chuckle we parked and headed into the mall. The very FIRST store that we walked into was playing GUESS over the store stereo? Thomas Dolby "She Blinded Me With Science" from back in like what? 1984 or '85?

Now again allow me to remind you that this WAS NOT the first weird/quirky/out there coincidence, but was the last in a pretty long string that we had been experiencing for a few weeks or so at the time, but it WAS the first where the light bulb went off in my head that something just isn't right with all of this...there had been too many happening to close together. And after that came to us....they REALLY took off!! It was like BAM BAM BAM!! one after another! I mean it got so crazy we began having 7 or 8 a day!
So much so that my wife and I began to try and document them because that was when I got into "Mr. Scientific" mode and set out to establish a few things....one how frequently were they occurring, what kind of pattern could be established, and most important of all....WHAT DID THEY MEAN?!?!

Frustration Sets In:

As these "Coincidences" continued to occur and with greater and greater frequency, I began becoming frustrated as hell as I could NOT for the life of me determine either what they meant, nor could I establish a pattern
They covered an entire spectrum of stuff....I mean it could be one of us humming song in our head and someone driving by with that same song blasting out their car window, to one of our latest ones a few days ago where Leonardo Divinci came up somehow in a conversation we were having and I was explaining his Vitruvian Man and it's meaning of representing both the physical and spiritual aspect of man (the circle and square) to then see it represented a few hours later in a video that was TOTALLY unrelated where it had flashed for only a few seconds in between clips or something....to a few weeks ago an ATS member made a thread about a small church that had an old spiral staircase without proper support that had supposedly been built for the nuns by some mysterious carpenter who didn't charge them for it and it should not have supported people but it did for 50+ years, and I asked her something about Jesus being a carpenter yada, yada, yada....and then later that evening something came on TV and it referenced Jesus and the carpenter association. So our coincidences kept coming like that 7 to 8 times a day, but could not figure them out no matter which angle I looked at it from.

A Pattern Emerges:

So literally after YEARS of this happening to us, one day it finally hit me! A pattern emerged!! Did it finally put to rest what had been causing all this to happen? Could it finally put an end to world hunger, or promote world peace? Unfortunately no, and all it did was raise even more questions...but it DID at least bring us one step closer to hopefully determine what it all might mean someday (or at least that is what I keep telling myself).

The one pattern that emerged, and STILL HOLDS TRUE TO THIS DAY is that...the "Synchronicity" comes to a complete STOP whenever my wife and I are on the out's, or having problems of a normal marriage/relationship will have. I mean we STILL are madly in love with each other and are each others best friends but like whenever problems or friction would arise whether it was when I retired from military service in June 2009 in the middle of this economic disaster at the same time our day spa business in San Diego was in a free fall which eventually caused us to lose everything, to just problems we had between her teenage son and myself, or all 3 of us, to just normal crap that can arise in any relationship. But as SOON as things bounced back and all was well, BAM they were back big time!! I mean like within 24 hours they began again and at full speed. BUT during the "down periods" NADA NOT A SINGLE ONE would occur. EVEN NOW TO THIS DAY if one of us are experiencing stress or whatever, if we are down for some reason, neither one of us together or alone, neither one will experience "Synchronicity" in any way whatsoever. Please understand that I discovered this particular pattern about 4 years + now, and EACH AND EVERY time it never failed to occur. When we are down, nada...when things are good and we are back on the same page, we will have "Synchronicity" on average at least 7 to 8 times (maybe WOW

****Note: We JUST had one at the time of my writing this!! Okay so a member posted up a cool Dolphin video earlier tonight of a Dolphin and a Cat "playing together", and we are listening to a random youtube piece titled:

New Age Lies & Spirituality ~ Zeph Daniel

www.youtube.com...

And at 59 minutes into it, in the middle of this dude ranting about UFO's and New Age being devils just said "These people worship UFO's and evil....DOLPHINS and stuff" WHAT?!?! EVIL DOLPHIN GROUPS?!?!
SEE THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT HERE!! "Synchronicity" and for the record that made our 3rd one tonight. In ALL of our searching for truths and interest in UFO's and Gnostic religions...we have NEVER heard of anyone EVER refer to "evil Dolphin UFO worshiping groups"

What Does It All Mean? (in closing):

Honestly? I don't know
This is pure speculation here, and this is where I hope that we can possibly gain from your all's personal experiences with "Synchronicity" as this is an excellent medium to try and draw some possible conclusions or at the very least, insight....but the only thing we came up with is that whenever "Synchronicity" occurs, we are possibly being "told" or being validated or whatever that we are on the correct path
I know it may sound crazy but....that is the best that we could come up with here. Like if we are watching youtube, or reading about a certain topic/thread on ATS and experience "Synchronicity" while doing so, then we are being "communicated to" that we were MEANT to be reading/watching that particular topic, that it somehow is important and might play a role sometime in the future or present, and/or we are on the correct path and should continue looking into whatever it is we are searching for.

Other than that I don't know but am certain that there is something to it. Something of a spiritual/paranormal nature that is either attempting to communicate with, or is guiding us in a particular direction and by recognizing and following it we are given even more "coincidences" as a form of communication. From who? That I do not know either unfortunately. I can only say that we have NEVER been "acknowledged" in this fashion in response to anything negative or what could be considered harmful to anyone or anything in anyway. It seems to all be knowledge driven, and if that is the case we feel that we have ventured down avenues of knowledge that we probably would have never traveled down had it not been for "Synchronicity" guiding us. What we now know, or THINK we know....well not sure what else to say here other than we would most surely still be "asleep" had it not been for that happening to us.

Again...for those that disbelieve in this, ready to call it nothing more than coincidence, or call it complete and utter BS,,,all I can say is from our experiences with it we beg to differ with you. And for those that say that it doesn't exist because they had not yet ever experienced it therefore it does NOT exist? I can only say that you have to be OPEN TO IT first in order to experience it. Like really open to it. That requires suspending all disbelief (which is something harder done than said I know as I have been there) as once you do that and open yourself up to receiving it....the flood gates will open and you will get hit with so many, you will be literally floored as to how come you had never recognized it before, and once that happens....well you may find yourself sitting hunched over the living room coffee table at almost 2am on the laptop making a post about it on ATS

With that said....stick a fork in me, I am done haha. Wow it got late! Hopefully if anything this might give some insight to those of you that are, or have been experiencing this thing called "Synchronicity" and it will aid you in finding your own answers. Thank you and good night

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Im really glad i took this time out tonight to read this great thread. Really enlightening. The points you bought up with synchronicity are really great. Really reminded me and my wifes journey to geather. Almost like we were made for each other. From our past before we meet each other, our families lifes were much the same. And also the way we meet. Long story. Anyway thank you again for a great read.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
You're another one who needs to watch..

www.thesecret.tv...

not sure i believe it, but they have an explanation for what you're experiencing

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

What better place to start my first post here at ATS but right here in this thread about a topic that I can talk for hours about...synchronicity! Don't worry, I won't type for hours
I enjoyed reading your story...thanks for sharing it with us. I laughed at the "evil Dolphins" thing

I became interested in synchronistic events some 14 years back or so and bought a book called Soul Moments by Phil Cousineau, which I recommend by the way - some great stories in there. And from that point on I became more and more aware of synchronicities that happened in my life and always got a kick out of it in spite of not really fully understanding what they truly meant. Since then I've come to have a much better understanding. I agree with you in that they can be validations or messages, however, I also believe one can attract a synchronicity to themselves vs. it always being from another source, and in those cases I believe it has to do with your energetic vibration or such.

Like you, I have so many stories that have happened to me - some of which the meaning was revealed to me soon thereafter, other times I never found out. I don't always think there is an exact meaning for all of them - well, there's always some meaning but not necessarily that which you'd expect or assume.

Regarding how you noted they happened only when things were going well in your life, I have not noticed that for myself - they can happen no matter what is going on with me, but I think it's an interesting observation.

~StarRae

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Hello Newbomb Turk, I don't think our idea's have crossed before but I have read a few of your threads and you come across as someone I can relate to. I find this subject of particular interest, as it touches on things from my own experience that I still find amazing and exciting.

For me, it is a confirmation of my spiritual beliefs and it gives me great comfort. I won't go into great detail in this post but if you get the time, have a read through this Thread. I felt that by the end of this conversation with other ATS'ers that I had gained more understanding of this thing we call synchronicity. There are also other elements such as things turning up out of the blue just when you need it to and also the sense of being guided. I would like to know if you have also experienced these things.

You say that when your relationship is less harmonious,the synchronicity don't happen as often. I think this is because your emotional balance is out of sync (pun not intended). I didn't understand, when I was younger what it was that people where referring to, when they spoke of being centered. I understand now that it is when you feel emotionally balanced and content and can appreciate your place in the universe. You literally tune into life and things start to materialize by way of coincidences and guidance.

Thanks for an interesting thread, I look forward to reading others views on this amazing subject.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Interesting read!
I, like you, have experienced the same phenomena now for the last 4 yrs (since 2007), starting gradually but building up into "in your face" coincidences.
Over that period of time, I have pondered the same, what does it mean? but after 4 yrs of trying to figure it out, I come to the conclusion that there is no cryptic secret for me to work out, no need for a major I.Q boosting pill, I believe these synchronicities are just occurring to let us know we are not the result of some primordial soup, an accident or what ever you want to call it.
There is no doubt in my mind that there is something much greater than ourselfs out there, and He/She is letting us know, in a way, we are not alone...... but one has to be at peace to receive the signals, hence, a hectic lifestyle can take away concentration, the coincidences still occur, you're just to preoccupied to notice them.

For me, I just smile now when they happen, I think that is all that is required.

Haa..... and this coming from a past non believer!

join