It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EASTER OR MEMORIAL?,SHOULD YOU DO EVERY YEAR?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Most Christians recognize that Jesus, or Yeshua, was crucified on Passover. But they may not know He arose on the Feast of Firstfruits.

So why does today's church observe a holiday known as "Easter"?

The "Easter" celebration came centuries later when the church began to combine pagan holidays with biblical feasts.

There's still time to learn these important lessons before the 2011 spring feasts are past.

The spring feasts begin with Passover at sundown April 18. Easter is April 24,2011,Jesus said to remember is death,not his birthday.Also Jesus said to do the feasts. Then, Paul came along,and people thinks ,things changed.Only GOD AND JESUS CAN CHANGE ANYTHING,NOT MANKIND.I,Wrote on this other persons site.I, will WRITE MORE LATER.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

For instance, is it true the Bible says we cannot know the day or the hour of Jesus' return?

On the contrary, says "The Feasts of the Lord." The Bible is quite specific about the day of His return – it's just the year that remains a mystery. This misunderstanding of what the Lord said about His return is due to a simple misreading of the Scriptures – partly a result of not understanding the cultural context of the message. The spring feasts – or appointed times – were fulfilled by the first coming of Yeshua, the Hebrew name of Jesus, which means "Salvation,The fall feasts will be fulfilled by His Second Coming.these feasts, described in Leviticus, were not intended for the Jews alone. He says they are meant to be observed as well as to serve as signs of the times in which we live – reminders of the greatest events of the past and foreshadowings of the future. much of the church is asleep – unaware of the significance of the feasts in God's holy time clock. The feasts were not intended to be abandoned by believers after the coming of Jesus. His followers observed them in the first century. It's time to rediscover them again as the hour of His return approaches.Just as the spring feasts were the dress rehearsals for Messiah's first coming, the fall feasts are the dress rehearsals for His Second Coming,the Bible over and over again commands believers to be "watching.most of the church is unaware of this very specific prophetic time clock offered by God to the human race in the Bible. Because of this, he believes many Christians will be surprised rather than watching with anticipation and hope, as the Bible commands.So,please read your bible and study GODS word. Do his,will and commands.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I love Easter. It's usually getting warmer outside (Springtime here) and it's kind of a celebration of re-birth, to me anyways. I especially enjoy church on Easter Sunday, because the messages are usually uplifting and inspiring. And hey, I do enjoy buying a new Easter dress each year

join