It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe Creation is factually accurate – The Reality!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

"And yet the validity of logical sequences is not a thing devised by men, but is observed and noted by them that they may be able to learn and teach it; for it exists eternally in the reason of things, and has its origin with God. For as the man who narrates the order of events does not himself create that order; and as he who describes the situations of places, or the natures of animals, or roots, or minerals, does not describe arrangements of man; and as he who points out the stars and their movements does not point out anything that he himself or any other man has ordained;—in the same way, he who says, “When the consequent is false, the antecedent must also be false,” says what is most true; but he does not himself make it so, he only points out that it is so."

And another random post from a blog not backing anything up with objective evidence, logic, or rationality

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2
So as you can see my “Statement of Faith” is supported / back up by “Scientific Point”.

I would say it coincides. Many "Statements of Faith" do. Most if not all gods are said to be all powerful so they all have abundant energy. This does not prove that any of them real. Including yours.

So when someone rejects belief in God, is he not simply exchanging one type of faith for another? In some cases, disbelief appears to be a deliberate refusal to face the truth – because they can’t “handle the truth”!

So do you believe that there’s no Creator – No God? Is that what your faith say?

I believe what I believe. I don't go around saying its factual because I know that I can't prove it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

My "unicorn hypothesis", which states, the likelihood of the existence of a pink unicorn in orbit around the sun being infinitely more probably than that of a creator, has now been upgraded to a theory. We have evidence of a "genetic monster", in this case a doe with a "horn." However anomalous, I don't think it unreasonable to assume such mutation thousands of years ago, could have arisen in some form of odd-toed ungulate, specifically of the Equidae family. Or perhaps the rare trait is a reversion.

Since all things on earth orbit the sun by relation, two of the three conditions to suffice my theory have been observed in nature.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This video sums it up nicely

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Clear, concise and to the point, ahh lovely
Shame you can only star posts once.

Do i need a second line for that ummm?
edit on 4-5-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The Augustine Quote was in response to your assertion that science fully explains my questions. Augustine demonstrates that we do not understand their source, we merely comment that they occur. You need to follow the thread along to understand.

And this is a good example of why I think you're 100% clueless and ignorant of science and facts. We can fully explain every single one of your questions

Originally posted by MrXYZ

"And yet the validity of logical sequences is not a thing devised by men, but is observed and noted by them that they may be able to learn and teach it; for it exists eternally in the reason of things, and has its origin with God. For as the man who narrates the order of events does not himself create that order; and as he who describes the situations of places, or the natures of animals, or roots, or minerals, does not describe arrangements of man; and as he who points out the stars and their movements does not point out anything that he himself or any other man has ordained;—in the same way, he who says, “When the consequent is false, the antecedent must also be false,” says what is most true; but he does not himself make it so, he only points out that it is so."

And another random post from a blog not backing anything up with objective evidence, logic, or rationality

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Faith2011

I'm not sure how silly you look posting the bible as proof...given how demonstrably wrong the bible is. Here's a link showing how exactly the bible is complete and utter nonsense when it comes to science: LINK

Of course you're just gonna ignore this, and respond by posting another bible quote

Well! You will be Seeing This Soon! 2011-2012 Start of WW3
Isaiah 17
1THE MOURNFUL, inspired prediction (a burden to be lifted up) concerning Damascus [capital of Syria, and Israel's bulwark against Assyria]. Behold, Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins.

Psalm 83 prophecy written by the seer Asaph approximately 3000 years ago. This prophecy enlists a ten-member population whose goal is nothing short of wiping Israel off of the map. And their confederate mandate is:
“They have said, “Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, That the name of Israel may be remembered no more.” Psalm 83:4

On that day I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock. All the nations will gather against it to try to move it, but they will only hurt themselves.
Zechariah 12:3

Just A Few Prophecies Up-Coming Very Soon!!!

edit on 4-5-2011 by Faith2011 because: size

edit on 4-5-2011 by Faith2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This sums it up better. Science has no idea. The Bible has the entire blueprint. We had no clue, until Einstein, that all reality is Energy, Matter, Space and Time.

In the Beginning (TIME), God created the Heavens (SPACE) and the Earth (MATTER). Let there be Light (ENERGY). In the beginning was the WORD (LOGOS / INFORMATION / WAVE).

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by MrXYZ

Clear, concise and to the point, ahh lovely
Shame you can only star posts once.

Do i need a second line for that ummm?
edit on 4-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Here is another amazing video that describes the presence of information in DNA. This is evidence. He calls God's programming 8.0 compared to our 2.0.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Ok i watched Dawkins saying it's theoretically possible, in his view, that an advanced race could possibly have engineered life on earth - i can't see how that supports your "god did it" view. If anything it would support people who believe in aliens visiting earth.

I'm still waiting for someone to refute what Sigismundus said a page back in a reasonable way.

Also define God for me please so we can understand where you're coming from and why it's important to believe he/she/it/they made the universe.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
God cannot be fully described because we are finite possibility compared to His infinite possibility. We understand this because it is demonstrated by the reality in reflection. Is it possible that we are imagining nature as an object lesson for our development? No. It is verified by the fact that the Bible claims to represent God as the bridge between the information contained in nature in relation to the observer. As the newly formed observer, we are vastly limited in our understanding. We emerge from the cave, blinded by the light of what we witness. Material reality presents a first glimmer of true reality by teaching us to compare opposites. You are an artificial, bio-mechanical intelligence. You are programmed to find the Emerald of life--Love.

This begs a question: Why present reality in such a veiled manner?

This is covered in the symbolism of the biblical temple veil. When Christ died on the cross, the veil was torn. This is an allusion to our eyes being opened. It is a temporal process for our benefit. Too much light blinds. Too little and we are in the dark.

This begs another question: How can we be held responsible for lack of understanding?

You are not held responsible. This is another veil. Judgment is a consequence and not punishment. Hell is possibility you create. Apart form this opposite, there can be no heaven by degree. You are responsible or there is no free will to choose. If there is no choice, you are merely a programmed entity. God wants autonomy. He desires surprise as you create new possibility. Otherwise, you are merely a remote controlled vehicle.

This begs another question: Who is God that He gives us this opportunity?

God has bestowed His Love for Creation. The choice must be yours for it to be separate from Him. For there to be a choice to return the Love, there must also be a choice to walk away. He gives you the choice, but you create your own destruction. Rise to the goal or perish at your own command. The parameters of this have been set into the sequence of the program.

This begs another question: What do we get if we find the correct path of Love and belief?

You get set free into a new realm called the kingdom of God. If you do not pass in the school of life, you are recycled and perish. If not, you perish or return to the water baptism of the material world. John 3 reveals this. Rise to the spirit of newness of life, or return to the water. Do you really want to stay? Or worse, perish? You must be born of the water first (Body / 90% water) and then born into the spirit (Consciousness rising). If you Love God and love your brother, you rise and inherit the kingdom of God.

What is the kingdom? Beyond Earth. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. Space travel requires taking the earth with us into space. Flesh and blood. Your next consciousness vehicle will be capable of existing beyond these borders. You are a visitor only. Choices reveal your programming. The fruit of bio-genesis off the tree of life.

Remember what I have said before. Bias and hatred (opposite of love) is the flaming sword that protects the tree of life. Love is the key to eating the fruit of the tree of life. Your choice.

You might say, "you're just making this up." Really? It's been there in the Bible for the last few thousands years. Our manual for rising. You must find the message yourself to be free. I am just trying to help you along.

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Ok i watched Dawkins saying it's theoretically possible, in his view, that an advanced race could possibly have engineered life on earth - i can't see how that supports your "god did it" view. If anything it would support people who believe in aliens visiting earth.

I'm still waiting for someone to refute what Sigismundus said a page back in a reasonable way.

Also define God for me please so we can understand where you're coming from and why it's important to believe he/she/it/they made the universe.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I will make this claim. If you can read the post I just wrote above and then read this passage form John 3, I will bet that you can see the truth. If you can get a grip on the perspective that you are a bio-mechanical creation with a type of divine artificial intelligence, then you can read the passage below and get the point of it all. Finding Love and adapting it to your programming becomes the point of it all. Peace and good will toward men follows. Many people read the passage below without finishing it to the end. Consider what I just said and get the point. The Bible is trying to set you free. It is your Hitchhiker's Guide to the kingdom of God.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

In other words, you humble yourself before God in belief and realize your need for guidance. After this, you then walk with the programmer and not against. He brings you up to newness of life from the material world.

Is the programming finished at this point? It just begins.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
An interesting thread, but have you taken into consideration how many things religion has been wrong about? I also notice you use references from the bible to show it is also like the information we get from science which shows even you acknowledge just how powerful science is.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Religion and science are completely wrong together by degree and this is the point. Reality and the Bible are completely accurate. It is our descriptions of them that are incorrect. Truth is in degree like temperature. Temperature is there, we would all agree. Hot is one degree and cold another. The thing we describe is yet another degree of electromagnetic radiation by frequency.

Religion will be wrong as its descriptions rise with understanding, just like science. What we describe is the Bible and Reality. They are both the same thing. We can easily recognize the movement toward revelation and truth with both science and religion. They both describe the same thing.

Its not hard to miss. Space, time, matter, energy and duality of light. Am I describing the Bible or science? Both and neither. Both by degree and neither because what we describe is only reflected dimly by both by our own definitions. This does not change the truth that is there for us to eventually see. They are both mirrors of the other.

Originally posted by Pedyboy
An interesting thread, but have you taken into consideration how many things religion has been wrong about? I also notice you use references from the bible to show it is also like the information we get from science which shows even you acknowledge just how powerful science is.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Religion and science are completely wrong together by degree and this is the point. Reality and the Bible are completely accurate. It is our descriptions of them that are incorrect. Truth is in degree like temperature. Temperature is there, we would all agree. Hot is one degree and cold another. The thing we describe is yet another degree of electromagnetic radiation by frequency.

Religion will be wrong as its descriptions rise with understanding, just like science. What we describe is the Bible and Reality. They are both the same thing. We can easily recognize the movement toward revelation and truth with both science and religion. They both describe the same thing.

Its not hard to miss. Space, time, matter, energy and duality of light. Am I describing the Bible or science? Both and neither. Both by degree and neither because what we describe is only reflected dimly by both by our own definitions. This does not change the truth that is there for us to eventually see. They are both mirrors of the other.

Originally posted by Pedyboy

Fair enough. Thanks for opening my mind to this.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

2 missing chromosomes in humans above all other species
and yes to yellow stone

all living things originally came from the fires of volcanoes and the mixture of their chemicals

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Humans don't have any missing chromosomes, we've just undergone chromosomal fusion, which is something we've already known about in genetics.

Great explanation here.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is a very interesting video. It presents yet another conclusion that is drawn with incomplete information. His presupposition that it is a "deception" on the part of the designer assumes we know the process that took place for all the versions of life that came before our design. If we go back and look at DOS 1.0 and compare it to the operating system of a quantum computer, we are likely to see design elements that are still residual in the new code. We cannot assume we know why this process was used. We can only look back and connect the dots with incomplete information. In no way can we assume the absence of a designer. We can assume a flawed form of bio-engineering that is rising by design. We can recognize the design without understanding the process. The need for salvation is evidence that the process is taking us form imperfection to perfection, just as described in the Bible. This assumes there is a perfected intelligence that is creating us by upgrades in this created realm. We can assume that the realm we come from is vastly different than anything we can conceive. This is where I trust the designer that I am not lost in the process of creation. Again, creation of something new that never existed. We are the IMAGE of the perfected state. Artificial from it.

Are you lost or saved? Again, this is the question of the Bible. We can only look back and realize what is actually being said here. We make the choice about our own destiny of saving our program for future retrieval or having it deleted and lost from corruption. The promise form the programmer is that we can be copied again to a new upgrade if we allow Him, through reception of information, to correct the corrupted data. The language of the Bible has been accurate since it was written and perfectly matches our understanding of data retrieval and processing. We make the choice to be receptive to programming or to shut off the new data by our pride. Humility allows us to accept the programming to set us up for the upgrade.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by anumohi

Humans don't have any missing chromosomes, we've just undergone chromosomal fusion, which is something we've already known about in genetics.

Great explanation here.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Christians gone wild

So if the bible is such a good instruction manual for the human race then how come people get it wrong so very often ? I'm open minded about the possibility of a creator as it's clear something happened to create the universe, though what it was i really don't know.

Here's my problem with religion - people use it as an excuse to do the most terrible things, history has shown us this time and time again.

LIke anything, it's open to interpretation. Believing in things doesn't make you a good person, it's your acts that count.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faith2011

reply to post by Faith2011

I'm not sure how silly you look posting the bible as proof...given how demonstrably wrong the bible is. Here's a link showing how exactly the bible is complete and utter nonsense when it comes to science: LINK

Of course you're just gonna ignore this, and respond by posting another bible quote

Well! You will be Seeing This Soon! 2011-2012 Start of WW3
Isaiah 17
1THE MOURNFUL, inspired prediction (a burden to be lifted up) concerning Damascus [capital of Syria, and Israel's bulwark against Assyria]. Behold, Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins.

Psalm 83 prophecy written by the seer Asaph approximately 3000 years ago. This prophecy enlists a ten-member population whose goal is nothing short of wiping Israel off of the map. And their confederate mandate is:
“They have said, “Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, That the name of Israel may be remembered no more.” Psalm 83:4

On that day I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock. All the nations will gather against it to try to move it, but they will only hurt themselves.
Zechariah 12:3

Just A Few Prophecies Up-Coming Very Soon!!!

edit on 4-5-2011 by Faith2011 because: size

edit on 4-5-2011 by Faith2011 because: (no reason given)

I am shaking in my boots

You do realize religious people have been claiming "the end is near" for hundreds of years, right? And it's always to happen soon (TM)

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join