It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Finally Time to Admit I Was Dead Wrong...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
dont worry, OP and other Obummer voters...the Usurper won because he was supposed to, there was never any possibility of anything else happening...there are no fair elections in this country, only an elaborate charade designed to pacify the masses...

Give me evidence of this?

I'm a believer in the NWO and I don't buy what you just said.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Wow, thats realy tough stuff that you are now ready to admit all that. Why dont you go a step further and also admit, you are being fooled by the whole system, by both, Democrats and Republicans, and that both are just two sides of the same coin, hung befor your nose to give you the impression that you have a choice, that your vote will make a differnece...? (BUT WAIT! HE'S INNOCENT!!
:lol

edit on 7-4-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I feel the same way OP but really would it matter who was voted in. Well one skinny little old man might do something..

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I kept telling you but you wouldn't listen, so now I have to admit, I told you so.

This should sum it up for all.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Ross Perot stated that our trade policies were imbalanced and if we didn't fix them via some type of protective means we would be heading towards economic dissaster. Our trade policies or treaties with foriegn countries were put in place to favor corporate interest, not America's interest.These treaties were championed by both Democratic and Republican presidents and they still exist today, this is the affect of the pervasive unseen government. Ross Perot or any one man can not surmount that unseen pervasive force. There is only one hope for America and it doesn't do us any good to say my hero is better than your hero. There are no Davids able enough to beat this Golieth. We have tobeat this Golieth by demanding that our government gets free of this invisible government. This invisible government which our U.S. Supreme Court recently called a person and gave it first amendment rights and told it to go forth and spread it's influence upon this land.Yes that's what you need to be afraid of. The silent unseen forces controlling your government and you. Yes the one's who seek slave labor in foreign lands because our treaties say they can, they are to be feared. The ones who bring those bondage goods back to you, for your consumption at your local Wal Mart Store, yes you are supporting your enemy. Yes the very ones who are paying large sums of money to their proxies to stripe you of any chance of nogotiating fair wages. Oh you didn't know Wal Mart was a player? You see thaat's why being partisan is not in your own interest. When your advid about anything it's very difficult to see the truth about it. These are just mere people that we put so much faith in. Wouldn't it be a more productive endeavor to seek the truth and then believe in that? Oh yes and finally, how did you vote for Ross Perot "TWICE". Did he run for some other office??
Peace and Blessingsd
Richc

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by Darkmask

Yes the Canadian health system is better than what the States have, but the Canadian Health system is not perfect either. For one, it's not really free, taxes is what pays for it. Unless your a business man or make hardly any money your heavily taxed, so who's carrying the brunt of it all, the middle class.
Another thing is, the medical system in Canada suppose to be non-biased, well if you got money you get the transplant quicker than the the one that's not so wealthy.
The Canadian Health system is also abused and taken advantage of. And because of this there are now times where there are fees to pay when getting surgical procedures in a doctors office. You also have to pay in some provinces for certain blood test. And there's more, like depending on the size of a family there is a monthly charge to have provincial health care coverage. Once upon a time say between 15 and 20 years ago, Canada had the best health care, not anymore, it is deteriorating like any other government service, it gets abused.
The U.S. system like the Canadian can work but people abuse it and get greedy and that's what screws things up, people.

I've been shafted so many times by the medical system that I actually went down to America for treatment.

... I had to pay out my pocket for it all (which financially hurt), AND I've been paying for health coverage in Canada which I don't get at all. I was near death in the waiting room, and they served a girl first who was walking around laughing with her boyfriend, and had a bad cough. She walked out of there with a prescription from the triage/emerg. area. I thought since I was unable to almost exist I'd get priority. I thought wrong.
I went to the hospital barely able to do anything, they told me to go home. Later, they were forced to see me when I was in the back of an ambulance

Also, I was sent home again; thus why I went to the US.

EDIT: I should also mention doctors here took 9 months to come up with nothing, yet down in the US it took 10 minutes.

Let the system blow. I don't give a #ing # anymore. I pay for something I don't get. The doctors just say they're too busy.
Then again, I can't imagine how horrid the US system could be because I had one good experience and zero bad. I'm sure there are nightmare stories out there.

I'm so glad it wasn't life threatening. I feel so bad for anyone with a disease that needs immediate attention (minus super immediate stuff like thyroid storms, poison, heart attack...etc)
edit on 4/7/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by richc

............. These are just mere people that we put so much faith in. Wouldn't it be a more productive endeavor to seek the truth and then believe in that?........

Peace and Blessingsd
Richc
Well said. These are primal forces and powers at work that exist in all of us.
edit on 7-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Don't fall for the guy who says, "Vote for me and I will set you free!"
Why? Only you can set yourself free. If anyone tells you otherwise, they are trying to sell you on an illusion. It spreads false hope and false change.

Change and Hope are neutral words.
Obama suckered a whole mess of people into voting for him, and he did it without defining what those words mean to him. Even though many people put a positive spin on how they were used, Obama never-ever once defined them or put them into context. Starlin's version of hope and change is different from the Dalai Lama's.

edit on 8-4-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I am very happy for the OP for finally waking up. Now we just need the rest of America to do the same.

While I agree with what most people said and the whole republican vs. democrat is just one giant charade to keep us from realizing who is truly in power, this does not mean that the president does not have any power. Let's look at the facts for a second. If you are at a level high enough such that you actually have the chance to run for president, then you would probably already be in the position that you were pretty well informed about these powers that truly run the government. If the president had no power too then no candidate would run as they would already know that and therefore would never spend the kind of money on their campaign as the candidates do and their respective parties would not fund the campaign for a position that doesn't matter. Remember these are greedy people. Remember these are the extremely well informed people. Also, I highly doubt that if the U.S. Could be purely run from the shadows then wealthy and powerful families like the Bush, Kennedy, Carnegie, Rockefeller, etc. would never have any members in the public eye. They wouldn't have to.

After saying that I would like to address what the OP said and then what I read in a lot of other posts.

First of all at the current point in time I would vote only republican. Look at it this way, most republicans, especially the Tea Party who only want smaller government and less intrusion. Less governmental intrusion is better for all of us. I'm perfectly happy with more rights and less "security" since it's actually only the sense of security that these bills that take away our rights provide. We are the nation on top and thus we will constantly have to watch our backs while looking forward. That's just how the world is. All people are vindictive. This is something we will not escape in the forseeable future. The second we let our guard down do you not think that the other bloodthirsty and power hungry nations will not act? It is absurd to that way. This is why we need a strong and growing military. This is why we need strong leaders, the John Wayne type who won't think twice about shoving a boot in foreign asses. First and foremost, our main obligation is to ourselves and our protection and our preservation. In our minds, other nations must come after the U.S. If we plan to maintain the dominant role. This means if you like your lifestyle then you better put America first and not another country. By consequence the president had better do this. His main obligation is to the American people, not the people of Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Libya, or any other nation. My point is before we get our own stuff straight how could we ever dream of helping out someone else? For these reasons the president needs some backbone. I hate to sound so one-sided but the modern dems are pretty spineless. Obama is always hiding somewhere, and never in the states. Harry Reid looks like a gentle gust of wind might knock him over and he has the softest voice of any politician I have ever heard. And what about the state democratic congressman all over the nation who are going into hiding because they are scared of the big bad republicans? Come on now.

For all of these reasons McCain would have been a much better choice than Obama. So what if he wanted to go bomb Iraq? Damn there is only so much that we can do without stretching ourselves too thin. And see the thing that people like him fully understand is chain of command and representation. I mean yes we should consider the lives of the Afghani and Iraqi citizens who have nothing to do with it. But do you realize in doing this how many of your neighbors have been sent to their deaths with our repeatedly sending troops in on foot? In my opinion bombing them would have been better for us. It's sad. But it's the truth.

This whole peace to humanity thing has been popularized by the media. But it's stupid. For as long as we have had civilization we have had war. Just because America decided one day to stop doesn't mean that the rest would stop. What would happen though is that some other power hungry nation would try to bring us down. We will never stop because all of these radical nations will always threaten us. And we must defend our way of life. When you think about it, America may start a lot of wars, but these wars have brought more peace and stability than any other time in history. Take a look in your history books and try to find the last time Europe didn't have some kind of war for 70 years. The English, the French, the Germans, etc. owe us a great deal for this since they are all terrified to do a damn thing because they know that there will be repercussions. Do you honestly think if we were not such a great power that England and France would not still be having wars every 20 or so years? We are currently trying to straighten out the middle east in which the deserts have been battlefields since Babylon and before. It's obviously tough what with all of the radical groups over there but it is necessary. If we wouldn't have started a war with Afghanistan then Bin Laden would still be in power and probably with probably a much larger arsenal. The same goes for Iraq and Hussein. If we hadn't gone to Iraq, Hussein would undoubtedly control much of the middle east by now. And I highly doubt China would have flinched or Russia for that matter. So call it what you will but for the most part America's wars have been necessary evils. The only reason people criticize them and us is because our constitution gives us a right to. Thus we give ourselves a bad rap. It's like in highschool when a girl calls her friend a slut it makes it ok for everyone else to also.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

I'm not saying its perfect. There are many in the medical community who would like to see Canada's health care System fail so some doctors will do as little as possible to help the patient. Its not that the system is bad, it's that those who work for the system don't like it because they can't make as much money as their American counterparts. I didn't mean to go off topic I was just trying to make a point.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
MSNBC: General: US may consider sending troops into Libya
...and, how many people were thinking he wouldn't?
edit on 8-4-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I voted for Ron Paul. At least he knew how to do addition and subtraction and could make complete sentences. All my associates were drunk on "change" so now you get to experience the hang over. Wish it involved a rope thought...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You all, STOP VOTING!
The game is rigged and as soon as you particepate in it, you are forced to follow the rigged rules. And if you happen to be so lucky to live in an area where its less rigged, your vote is electronically and gets stolen in such a way. STop particepating in rigged games. Let them vote themselfes but dont take part in your own rape!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I could have told you that before you voted. Obama is the worst president in the history of the united states. I'd much rather have Hillary Clinton or Donald trump in office right now.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

You are an honorable man.

You had a lot of help being tricked - or losing yourself in the election. Soros has a massive machine of non-profits to smear those they don't like and help those they do like. In addition the mainstream media manipulated that election in a coordinated and systematic fashion to keep unflattering information from you, attack and smear those they wanted to shut up, and to feed you information that they knew you wanted to hear. They called their group "Journolist" and here is who was involved just so you realize the extent of the media's propaganda effort. They even had University media involved to manipulate the students.

The following 107 names are confirmed members of the now-defunct JournoList listserv.

1. Spencer Ackerman – Wired, FireDogLake, Washington
Independent, Talking Points Memo, The American Prospect
2. Ben Adler – Newsweek, POLITICO
3. Mike Allen - POLITICO
4. Eric Alterman – The Nation, Media Matters for America
5. Marc Ambinder - The Atlantic
6. Greg Anrig – The Century Foundation
7. Ryan Avent – Economist
8. Dean Baker - The American Prospect
9. Nick Baumann – Mother Jones
10. Josh Bearman – LA Weekly
11. Steven Benen - The Carpetbagger Report
12. Jared Bernstein – Economic Policy Institute
13. Michael Berube - Crooked Timber (blog), Pennsylvania State University
14. Lindsay Beyerstein - (blogger)
15. Joel Bleifuss - In These Times
16. John Blevins – South Texas College of Law
17. Sam Boyd - The American Prospect
18. Rich Byrne - Playwright and freelancer
19. Ta-Nehisi Coates - The Atlantic
20. Jonathan Chait – The New Republic
21. Lakshmi Chaudry - In These Times
22. Isaac Chotiner – The New Republic
23. Michael Cohen – New America Foundation
24. Jonathan Cohn – The New Republic
25. Joe Conason – The New York Observer
26. David Corn – Mother Jones
27. Daniel Davies – The Guardian
28. David Dayen - FireDogLake
29. Brad DeLong – The Economists’ Voice, University of California at Berkley
30. Ryan Donmoyer - Bloomberg
31. Kevin Drum – Washington Monthly
32. Matt Duss – Center for American Progress
33. Eve Fairbanks – The New Republic
34. Henry Farrell – George Washington University
35. Tim Fernholz – American Prospect
36. James Galbraith - University of Texas at Austin (professor)
37. Todd Gitlin – Columbia University
38. Ilan Goldenberg - National Security Network
39. Dana Goldstein – The Daily Beast
40. Merrill Goozner - Chicago Tribune
41. David Greenberg - Slate
42. Robert Greenwald - Brave New Films
43. Chris Hayes – The Nation
44. Don Hazen - Alternet
45. Michael Hirsh - Newsweek
46. John Judis – The New Republic, The American Prospect
47. Michael Kazin - Georgetown University (law professor)
48. Ed Kilgore – Democratic Stategist
49. Richard Kim – The Nation
50. Mark Kleiman - The Reality Based Community
51. Ezra Klein - Washington Post, Newsweek, The American Prospect
52. Joe Klein - TIME
53. Paul Krugman – The New York Times, Princeton University
54. Lisa Lerer - POLITICO
55. Daniel Levy – Century Foundation
56. Alec McGillis – Washington Post
57. Scott McLemee - Inside Higher Ed
58. Ari Melber - The Nation
59. Seth Michaels – MyDD.com
60. Luke Mitchell – Harper’s Magazine
61. Gautham Nagesh – The Hill, Daily Caller
62. Suzanne Nossel – Human Rights Watch
63. Michael O’Hare - University of California, Berkeley
64. Rick Perlstein – Author, Campaign for America’s Future
65. Harold Pollack – University of Chicago
66. Foster Kamer – The Village Voice
67. Katha Pollitt – The Nation
68. Ari Rabin-Havt - Media Matters
69. David Roberts - Grist
70. Alyssa Rosenberg – Washingtonian, The Atlantic, Government Executive
71. Alex Rossmiller – National Security Network
72. Laura Rozen – Politico, Mother Jones
73. Greg Sargent – Washington Post
74. Thomas Schaller – Baltimore Sun
75. Noam Scheiber – The New Republic
76. Michael Scherer - TIME
77. Mark Schmitt – American Prospect
78. Adam Serwer – American Prospect
79. Thomas Schaller - Baltimore Sun (columnist), University of Maryland, Baltimore County (professor), FiveThirtyEight.com (contributing writer)
80. Julie Bergman Sender - Balcony Films
81. Walter Shapiro – PoliticsDaily.com
82. Nate Silver - FiveThirtyEight.com
83. Jesse Singal – The Boston Globe, Washington Monthly
84. Ben Smith - POLITICO
85. Sarah Spitz – NPR
86. Adele Stan – The Media Consortium
87. Kate Steadman – Kaiser Health News
88. Jonathan Stein – Mother Jones
89. Sam Stein - The Huffington Post
90. Jesse Taylor – Pandagon.net
91. Steven Teles – Yale University
92. Thoma - The Economist's View (blog), University of Oregon (professor)
93. Michael Tomasky – The Guardian
94. Jeffrey Toobin – CNN, The New Yorker
95. Rebecca Traister - Salon (columnist)
96. Cenk Uygur - The Young Turks
97. Tracy Van Slyke - The Media Consortium
98. Dave Weigel - Washington Post, MSNBC, The Washington Independent
99. Moira Whelan – National Security Network
100. Scott Winship – Pew Economic Mobility Project
101. Kai Wright - The Root
102. Holly Yeager – Columbia Journalism Review
103. Rich Yeselson – Change to Win
104. Matthew Yglesias – Center for American Progress, The Atlantic Monthly
105. Jonathan Zasloff – UCLA
106. Julian Zelizer - Princeton professor and CNN contributor
107. Avi Zenilman – POLITICO

This is is hardly conclusive. For example, you don't see Katie Curic and network and cable news people who were working for Obama by reading direct campaign slogans and propaganda straight out of the DNC and Obama's campaign offices on that list. But all of them worked for Obama. Add the entertainment industry, Soros' massive web of non-profits crawling all over the internet and the Unions and Banksters, you did not have much of a chance. You will know next time.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You people frustrate the hell out of me. The guy is doing his best and he's doing a lot better than the last guy, and making a pretty good job of cleaning up the aforementioned idiot Bush Boy's bloody cluster-f of mindbending incompetance.

You muppets need to realise a convaluted mess of the magnitude bush left us will take years to correct. Face it. Start supporting your country instead of whining about how it isnt magically fixed overnight. Numptys.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

Bush did not leave us with a mess. The terrorist did. And if you think bush left a mess then you need to take a look in the mirror and take a look at the mess SUCKBAMA is leaving us. Just check his approval ratings and that will show you proof that he is the worst president ever. He is basically Carter 2.0
I am pretty sure SUCKBAMA is leaving and has already left us a bigger mess than anyone. You are the one that frustrates the hell out of us

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Not reading all the replies here but the only mistake you made was believing that you were voting for someone. The fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter who is running nor for whom you vote. The POTUS is a puppet. He does what he's told or he will be taken out in seconds flat. So which would you choose for yourself and your family; jetting around the planet and playing the little prince, or being removed from this incarnation? This is why you must be very careful what you ask for. You might just get it. He got it.

I've never, in my half century on this planet, seen such a puppet POTUS as Obama. He literally does what he's told. Nothing he does is of his own volition. Don't blame him for his actions, they are not his. Americans are so fond of saying "He's just doing his job." to explain away behavior that is inconsistent with their position. Obama is just doing his job.

A bit of compassion for the guy. He made a deal with the devil. He will never be free.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I know one thing...as a US Serviceman I might not get paid next week. When I don't...I plan on stopping at the first house i see with a Obama bumper sticker in the driveway and see if they will feed my family. Hell...this was all supposed to be paradise. What happened? And where are all those Obama supporters now because I see this forum is now absent of the Obama masses that were on here only a few short years ago..

Regardless...nice to see Michelle (Imelda) Obama enjoying Spain. Don't expect sympathy from me Obama supporters...you asked for this and you got it. This is 1976-1980 all over again...except much worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join