It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's raining worms: Schoolchildren's lesson interrupted by creepy crawlies falling from sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It's raining worms: Schoolchildren's lesson interrupted by creepy crawlies falling from sky

www.datelinezero .com

A group of students attending a school in the in the Scottish Borders in the UK got a lesson in Fortean events recently, when it began raining earthworms during an outdoor Physical Education class.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
What makes it even weirder is that it was a clear day.

Although, I don't know what bad weather would have changed ... not like a water spout is going to pick up worms from the ocean, or what-have-you.

Does this get added to the list of raining birds and other animals? There was also a story about a rain of crickets a short while ago; and I added that to the additional news links.

www.datelinezero .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Sounds like something straight out of Charles Fort's "Book of the Damned." It's really weird though. What in the heck causes "rain" like this?

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Wow, thats nuts!

There is only one possible explanation for these Earthworms raining from the sky on a clear day in such a concentrated area.

They fell from a...

WORMHOLE!!!!!!!!

edit on 7-4-2011 by RenegadeScholar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
You can still get strong winds on a clear day. Insects are pretty light.
I don't know where the majority of you guys are from, but here in the UK we get pretty heavy winds sometimes.

I know it is probably not a case of worms being blown across a field.. but my scientific mind can only come to this conclusion...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Looks like the Mad Fishmonger is branching out

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar

They fell from a...

WORMHOLE!!!!!!!!

Top notch pun, I lift my hat to you.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This happened to me as a child in the North GA mountains, but they were frogs.
It was spring time, late 80's early 90's (I was about 9 or 10 years old). It was raining, but no more than your average spring rain in the area. We were driving down the dirt road toward our home when we noticed tiny frogs all over the road. We then began to see them land on the windshield as we drove along. It stopped just as quickly as it started. Needless to say we were freaked out by it. It's like being in the twilight zone!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Fort Speculated much on these raining phenomenons , one that stood out in my mind was the black rains of Slains, o and the 50 tons of butter that fell from the sky! ermmm creamy

but he thought of all kinds of reasons for it, from mass migrations to teleportation to the exchange of materials between worlds, and even giant body's of water in the sky , which he coined the super sargasso sea!

offen these things would fall from a calm and clear sky

interesting stuff

baitbox

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
So any news about a wormfarm being destroyed by a tornado or other natural wind's in that area.

That could be the answer, beside that it's wierd

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If they fell out of a worm hole I would hate to see what falls from a black hole. All kidding aside it is really strange

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
shoot,at least now they wont have to go out with a flashlight to try and find worms to go fishing with...so really,its not so bad ...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I've heard stories like this since I was a kid, it's rained frogs before.. and in my own personal experience when I was a kid, it rained tadpoles.. I was probably 8 or 9 years old and it started sprinkling on what seemed to be a clear day and in my little "kiddy pool" I noticed tons of tadpoles suddenly in the water that absolutely weren't there before..

This kind of thing happens

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Plague. For sure.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima
Looks like the Mad Fishmonger is branching out

Well I guess he had to have something to feed this fish while he was throwing them up in the air around the country side right?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
Wow, thats nuts!

There is only one possible explanation for these Earthworms raining from the sky on a clear day in such a concentrated area.

They fell from a...

WORMHOLE!!!!!!!!

Well.. good morning ATS!
I didn't even see that one coming! I'm sending you the bill for cleaning the coffee off my screen! lol

Ive always wondered how things like this happen, The rational responses seem like a stretch to imagine... how does a waterspout pick up WORMS and not algae, fish and other stuff... and I cant see a whole flock of birds dumping their haul of worms for "reasons unknown". It just doesn't seem plausible!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Off topic... if you want worms for fishing use ¼ cup of your laundry powder in a bucket of cold water and tip it onto your lawn, within seconds the worms will surface, pick them up and rinse them, remember to hose down your lawn afterwards to dilute the soapy water.

On topic... crazy stuff, I could only think of a worm farm as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

While I cannot speak to the exact origins of these worms, I may be able to suggest a way by which just the worms fell on this spot.
Let us imagine that we have a glass beaker, into which has been poured some water, up to half way. Then we put in things like a hand full of soil, some very small pebbles, or bits of shingle, and some small (5mmx2mm) wood chips.
If we stir up the contents of the glass, and mix the contents well, then allow the stuff in the glass to settle, the different materials in the glass will settle at different speeds, because of thier differing weights, composition, how porous they are and so on.
For the same reason, it is feasible to posit, that a localised whirlwind could have snatched up these earthworms, and other material, and deposited them over different locations along the path which the whirlwind took across the land. Other material, of different wieght and composition than the earthworms may have been dropped unobserved over other locations previous to, and after the fall of these worms. Any heavier items , like twigs and sedimentary rock fragments, would take a strongish suction to remain airborne, and fell when the wind began to drop off, and other things like earthworms fell when the wind was at perhaps fifty percent of its power (compared to the moment when it lifted the whole mess in the first place), and finaly the lightest things, like leaves, and pollens, and so on, will only have fallen when the wind was almost non existant.
Just an idea, but baring in mind how much of Scotland is not inhabited by masses of people, its possible that other material could have fallen without notice.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Just like we humans "seed " ponds with fish, The creator "seeded" the land with worms.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

Something like small frogs make sense to me. Lifted up via water-spout, or something like that. But these stories of crickets and worms dropping from the sky kinda' wigs me out. Something like that would be memorable, though. This is something those kids won't forget anytime soon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join