It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control: Its Roots In American History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States

To disarm the people. . . was the best and most effectual way to enslave them. – George Mason

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed. – Noah Webster

To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. – Richard Henry Lee

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. - Patrick Henry

Knox’s arguments are trumpeted today by nearly every liberal minded and “progressive” out there. Like William Knox, they assure us we don’t need arms for our own protection. They guarantee our protection from harm by the police and military. They ignore the fact that the single best deterrent against oppression is the armed private citizen. Either by design or unwittingly, they define police and military as militia when such couldn’t be further from the intention of the Founding Fathers. They ignore these words from men who knew all to well the power of an armed citizenry when faced by tyranny.

I love America, not the circus you see around the White House on the news and not that that don't have it's place here as what should be the American peoples choice of leaders but the American people are lied to by most of our leaders who we elect on there word. They get in office then throe them selves at the highest bidder to bring forth laws not for the people but for industry, not to help America be all it can and what we the people want but more what anyone with money wants, I love America for what it stands for Freedom, Liberty and Justice. Do you think I'll be put on a watch list for posting this?

www.offthegridnews.com...

new topics

join