It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official - Unofficial ATS OBE Party Thread! (Let's learn astral projection!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well I will post first about last nights attempt. I started with my typical visualization and breathing technique to induce a state of calmness. After about ten minutes of doing so I began to focus on each part of my body while reciting a mantra and positive reinforcement for it to be ok to generate the subtle energy body. As my heart chakra began to pulsate very rapidly I could feel the energy surging through my body and the subtle body rising but for whatever reason the seperation never occured. While in this state I used my own mantra technique and when that failed I attempted to use robert bruces rope technique. For me the night quickly ended and I ended up just going to bed. Serves me right for attempting it not only on a monday but being extremely tired to begin with.

I am interested to hear everyones happenings

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownPhilosopher

Interesting take on this.. Bruce later on the book advises of the 'mind split' phenomenon - sometimes you project but you dont re-integrate.... watch out for it.

My most intense (but failed attempt) happened last year... I relaxed, let the trance state go to light... at this point my physical body was a lump of rock, I couldnt move anything... I tryed the ladder technique fro 15 mins... each a little more.... I almost got out... When I gave up, I could feel enormous psi 'falling' down on me.... like a layered magnetic thing...

Will try tonight. Lets see what comes out of it.

-Robert

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertPaulsim

Very true. I remember reading on that. It has been a little while since I read his book.

Where did all the individuals go that said they were participating?

Has anyone ever experienced the dweller in the doorway phenomenon?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I just ordered the book on Amazon, so I will be a few days behind.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hey guys, here's a pretty good layout for what the reports should look like:

Name/Pseudonym:
Date:
Timezone:
Start time:
Classification:
Start of D/LD/OOBE/AP:
End time:

Subject sense of time during experience:

Induction technique:

Memories:
-------------

Lessons learned:
----------------------
D = Dream, LD = Lucid Dream, OOBE = out of body experience, and AP = astral projection.

I gave it a go yesterday in the morning and today around noon'ish. The second attempt was pretty mundane and boring. So I'll post the pastebin URL because I doubt it's going to pollute the sample set.

www.textuploader.com...

Once other people chime in to comment that they're done writing their reports on textuploader I'll post the other URL. As a general protocol, in the future, we should give everyone at least two days to write out their reports. So if we set our next practice attempt for say April 16th in the morning, everyone should wait till Monday to post their URL. Though if we know everyone who's participating in advance and each person signs a registry saying as much. Then so long as we have a way of confirming that everyone who did participate is done, there should be no problem posting in advance.

I might even create a little script on my webserver to manage this for all of us. So we don't have to try to figure it out by hand.

edit on 12-4-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yoyoma15

Originally posted by yoyoma15
reply to post by Agarta

I am interested to hear more about the "Plow Girl" Mae Murray. Was this an actual person or entity that was also projecting to the same places as you? Or do you believe this was a spirit guide of some sort? Any further conversations with her you are willing to discuss?

I had only one experience similar to this about 5 years ago. ... I haven't heard anything from them since, but I hope that I stumbled across this thread for a reason, and it will assist in getting back there someday.

Any thoughts?

I've bumped in to Mae on several occasions. Whether or not she's an actual person is more difficult to answer then you might realize. I hadn't ever heard or seen of her before January 22nd of this year. She was youngish (20-something), attractive, friendly, but also oddly had an early 1900's style of dress and manner of look to her. I'm not that old (just recently turned 30), with little to no interest in the early 20th century, so initially I wasn't sure what to make of this.

Typing in a google search for "Plow Girl" I found a silent movie from back in 1916. This got me curious. Reading the wikipedia article I was stunned looking at the picture of the lead actress. She looked exactly like the girl from the dream, even down to the details of having the same soft facial features. The young lady's name was Mae Murray. A quick glance at her birthday and the release date revealed she would have been about 26. So it fit. Even more weird the wikipedia article stated in the opening paragraph, 'Murray rose to fame during the silent film era and was known as "The Girl with the Bee-Stung Lips."' If you recall the entire lucid dream crescendoed with a horde of bees swarming about me and "Plow Girl" communicating seemingly as if she were whispering in to my ear, "You don't have to feel the pain if you don't want to."

So the parallels struck me as odd to say the least. Doing a little more research I was highly amused to discover that she even had a house about 2 miles from where I currently live.

Since that night I've seen her on several outings. The next we met I had a ton of questions. "Were you ever alive or am I just projecting you in my mind?" "Is your name Mae Murray?" "How was I able to know so much about you when I've never seen you before?" "How do you know so much about me or is it just because I'm talking to myself in a dream?" "When the lucid dreams started last year, was the female voice that I kept hearing in the distance you?" The list went on and on.

The answers were a little shocking. For the most part I had a skeptical attitude going in to it thinking, "Well if I expect her to answer a particular way it's very likely she'll respond in the affirmative because I'm making it all up in my head." However even in instances where I expected a binary "yes" or "no" she would often surprise me and say something like, "That's not relevant." The very fact that I couldn't anticipate even simple responses made me to start to suspect that there might be something real to lucid dreams beyond just describing the psychological state of the dreamers mind.

After going through the basic questions one of the biggest that I was curious to have answered was, "Will there be some momentousness transitional period that humans go through in the near future? If so what will that look like?" Of course I had it set in my mind that she'd either play coy and try to avoid the subject, but her reply caught me off guard, "You have to learn how to see for yourself."

While this kind of annoyed me, at the same time it was encouraging because at least it implied we could figure it out on our own. With more digging I was able to fish out more, but unfortunately it's difficult to remember everything because nonphysical explanations can be ridiculously complicated. Nowadays I try to keep a voice recorder next to my bed. To describe all of the additional details would take several books worth of writing just to sketch out even the most basic of pictures of what it all suggests.

On the subject of the "initiation room," as it relates to your "epic" dream," I've seen something similar. Please be aware though, what I experienced was definitely a dream. There was absolutely nothing lucid about it. I was in a European setting, probably England, similar to what you described, and walking through an alleyway I pushed my way through a back entrance leading into a dressing room, and looking around I saw a huge theater on the other side of a thick oaken door that was hidden behind a loosely wired curtain. The theater was massive. On one of these occasions the building was very much presented as though it were some sort of sanctuary for a secret society. Even though this was only a dream, the setting was startling! Huge columns, seats oriented in symmetrical groupings of eights and twos, people arriving during the dark of night, it was highly symbolic. At the podium on the stage were columns with sigils. There was excitement and trepidation in the air. Walking outside talking to one of the other participants the person indicated it was some sort of "school." Sitting in the audience I was greatly anticipating whatever the presenter had to say. Unfortunately, if the dream continued, I don't remember any of it.

Maybe one day I'll see something similar again, but as it stands that's all she wrote.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
hey all. Today was my first attempt (since agreeing to join in this endeavor). I was trying using a technique that I had learned of that involves first creating a thought body using visualization. Then trying to project your consciousness into that thought body as a vehicle... but I was having little success. I then tried just willing myself out of my body. I felt a sort of pull like I was starting to seperate. But I sort of tired and that's as far as I went.
From now on I will be abandoning the former technique mentioned, and proceding with the latter technique.
P.S. Can someone please explain to me the ladder technique (is this the one where you imagine a musical note that jumps up an octave repeatadly until you can't imagine a higher note?)

just realised that stuff like this is to be posted elsewhere... will do so in the future.
edit on 13-4-2011 by renegadeloser because: last line

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I think "The River Goddess" has met the dweller on the threshold. It attempted to keep her down in her body, trying to hinder further developement. It appeared to her as a bear.

Has anyone tried contacting her to join us?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Just curious...has anyone here tried ORMUS(white powder gold)?
Please look it up on ATS and the web.

I'm curious if it can assist in OBE's? It's expensive to purchase...one website sells a small bottle for $135.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Thanks for the reply, the information on "plow girl" is really interesting, like she gave you a clue to find out who she really was. It seems the common factor with all your interactions with her seem to be her trying to better or improve your perceptions and/or abilities. Your guide perhaps?

Your description of the "initiation room" was oddly similar to the one I remember in my experience.(I didn't want to go into too much detail about the colums or seating, so as not to bore people) I think a school or meeting room may be a better way to describe it rather than "initiation room." Perhaps if this group gets good enough, we can meet up there sometime. If it indeed exists, then that is where we should be.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

Hey man.... im pretty sure you can find the book online... type "pdf astral dinamics" on google and go to the first link. What you are looking for is in page 94.

-Robert

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Xtraeme

Thanks for the reply, the information on "plow girl" is really interesting, like she gave you a clue to find out who she really was. It seems the common factor with all your interactions with her seem to be her trying to better or improve your perceptions and/or abilities. Your guide perhaps?

Happy to oblige
, it's kind of nice writing it down, helps make the whole thing more coherent. And you're absolutely right, even during the lucid dream it was obvious she was testing me or trying to train me in some manner.

As for the guide bit, in one of our early Q&A session Mae was pretty direct. When I asked her who she was, she gently cushioned her voice and replied, "I'm you." At the time I took it in stride, but I have to admit it's kind of unsettling. Especially since I'm not a diehard believer in past-lives. To be honest I'm still not sure what to make of it. It just generated more questions, "Do you mean I'm me in a dream so I'm literally talking to myself?" Even though she wouldn't go in to specifics, she made it pretty clear that there was some shared common denominator between us that went beyond the dreaming mind. The very fact that I've been able to corroborate certain things that I've learned during these lucid dreams, that I couldn't have known of in advance, makes me slightly open to the possibility, but still it's something I haven't really resolved.

Your description of the "initiation room" was oddly similar to the one I remember in my experience.(I didn't want to go into too much detail about the colums or seating, so as not to bore people) I think a school or meeting room may be a better way to describe it rather than "initiation room." Perhaps if this group gets good enough, we can meet up there sometime. If it indeed exists, then that is where we should be.

One thing I remember when I was outside the theater, was that across the street there was a small cafe. I spent a small bit of time talking with the other initiates who had shown up for the ceremony. I only remember fragments of the conversation, like the one person saying it was a "school." Does any of that sound familiar? The place seemed fairly isolated, at least from the front, but then again it was dark outside. So it was hard to get a sense of the surroundings. It would be cool to go back! Hopefully we can figure out how this actually works and make some headway.

edit on 13-4-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertPaulsim

thank you kindly

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bashbasrack

Interesting. I always hear of these stories but I have yet to encounter such an experience.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

All I remember about the outside was a narrow European type street, a cafe across the street would fit the area, but honestly I was too taken aback by just being there to get a full grasp of the surroundings. I do however vividly remember the heavy wooden door in the back of the shop that lead to the theater, and also recall the pillars and row seating. Thats really all I remember, I wish I could recall the last word of the so called group, The Knights of ____________ (and no it wasn't anything close to "templar") That would be a great piece of info to find on the internet. And believe me I have tried, but to know avail.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Name/Pseudonym:
Date: 4/14/11
Timezone:Eastern
Start time:around 10 am
Classification: OOBE
Start of D/LD/OOBE/AP: Don't know exactly, I was asleep
End time:around 10: 50am

Subject sense of time during experience: It felt like around 10 minutes

Induction technique: When i go to sleep, I sometimes pull myself out of my body naturally. I can only do this during sleep stages and have come close yet been unsuccessful doing this in a meditative trance. I have frequently been able to do this, but it increases during periods of time when I meditate a lot.

Memories: I was asleep and could feel myself sleeping, yet I hear the sound of thunder inside of my head. It was really weird. I then heard it again and realized that since I was asleep I could pull myself out of my body. I did just that and the floating with the wind brushing against my soul body began to occur and I and the next thing I knew I was above my bed. The weird thing is my bed was in a room that looked different than my normal room, and my body was not in the bed! My blanket was there and it looked like I just got up and went somewhere.

This confused me, but I knew I must not think too much about it or I would snap myself back into my body and wake up from the dream/OBE. I looked around the room and noticed a beautiful girl (spirit of some sort) who I naturally was drawn to. My subconscious was the key part of my mind I was using, and unfortunately I have been recently single and my sex drive is peaking. This caused me to walk up to the girl and start kissing her, but it left a burn feeling on my lips and I realized I should not be doing that. Maybe she was some sort of negative entity in which i obviously bit the bait and shouldn't have messed with, or maybe I was just being tested and the lesson learned was not to let my sex drive get the best of me.

After that, I walked away from the girl and decided I wanted to fly out the window. I forced myself to float through the wall, but half of my body was getting out and then I would get stuck. I placed my hands out to reach through the window and I noticed my clear arms that looked almost like a liquidy substance you could see right through. I finally squeezed through the window and floated onto a rooftop where I looked down at everything. I decided to fly wherever my mind could take me so I took a leap of faith from a very high rooftop and began flying, but my body was getting weak and I eventually found myself back in my body and pitched black darkness. I woke u and immediately knew I needed to come to this thread when I had time and log my results.

Lessons learned: Well, I need to gain better control over my impulses. I had some urges and should have talked to the girl and got a feel for what she was there for. I get so caught up in those scenarios that I start flying or in her case latch onto her and start allowing my impulses to take control. I need to gain more focus and see what it is I am there to do.
edit on 15-4-2011 by Subconsciously Correct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Subconsciously Correct

I'm glad to see people still sticking it out.
Here's my more interesting report from last week:

www.textuploader.com...

How does everyone feel about shooting for another go at it on Sunday (4/17) morning?
edit on 15-4-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

I am still waiting on the book to be delievered, I am in, supposing I get the book in time. Does anyone have any of the meditative expercises recorded that i could download, I think this would assist me a lot. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Xtraeme

I am still waiting on the book to be delievered, I am in, supposing I get the book in time. Does anyone have any of the meditative expercises recorded that i could download, I think this would assist me a lot. Thanks.

Why wait?

www.dmt-nexus.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

Allright, got the book now. The first two chapters were interesting, but didn't explain any techniques to assist obe. So, no luck for me in that department yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join